Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

Not going to predict the election, three important states yet to be decided Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia.

If Mr Tangerine gets back in on the up side he might do in the EU and their eco colonialist agenda, on the negative side he might give Britain a good trade deal.

I don't see any upside to the Dems winning, they'd be boming some poor (literal) bastards within a year or two and it'd be back to business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Listening to Trump there hes really like a child who isnt winning a game and runs home with the football. We want all voting to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

Panch18 wrote: »
    Pure and utter propaganda, it amazes me that trash like that ever gets a platform

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-2020-live-donald-trump-and-joe-biden-making-final-pleas-to-us-voters-12121686

You were saying....

This wouldn't fill me with confidence if I was a Biden voter -

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/nov/3/joe-biden-finishes-campaign-gaffe-fest-mixing-gran/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Suckler wrote: »

Going to the Supreme court and someone being a dictator are 2 completely different things - poles apart

It's not 20 years ago since the Supreme court last decided an election - nothing unusual or dramatic about it

Going to the Supreme court and someone being a dictator are 2 completely different things - poles apart

It's not 20 years ago since the Supreme court last decided an election - nothing unusual or dramatic about it

A sitting US president making wild claim of voter fraud / the opposition are trying to "steal" it without any hint of substantiation at an early stage has all the hallmarks of a dictator. He's claimed he's won it and wants all voting to stop...thats certainly not 'poles apart'.

His blatant interference with the USPS is another glaring tactic straight out of dictator playbooks. The fact this hasn't gotten more coverage astounds me.

Do I think he'll go all out dictator and just storm government in a military style coup détat? No, but what's done is sow the seeds early on his behalf for his followers to lap up.

Edit: And the last time the Supreme court did decide it, there were also hallmarks of vote interference and voter disenfranchisement where/when it suited. Also Jeb was in charge of Florida which was convenient for George..his brother... who "won" by 500 odd votes.
    Just because Supreme court got involved before doesn't doesn't give people the warm fuzzy feeling.

I doubt it may even come to it, the states yet to be counted in the rust belt and Georgia / North Carolina / Alaska have trump significantly ahead and Nevada is tight. Pennsylvania is a massive one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

gozunda wrote: »
    Thanks. We had something similar a few years back. And he was a great dog. Still missed.

Mine going to be trained next month have no sheep or cattle but the father in law has a few hundred and his own dog is fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Came in for tea to see Biden is now 238 to 213 ahead. Very happy to see that.

Don’t think we would like everything Biden does but if nothing else it would be nice to get the racist biggot off the world platform the US presidency affords him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Listening to Trump there hes really like a child who isnt winning a game and runs home with the football. We want all voting to stop.

Mike pence was light years ahead of him with what he said and how he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

_Brian wrote: »
    Came in for tea to see Biden is now 238 to 213 ahead. Very happy to see that.

Don’t think we would like everything Biden does but if nothing else it would be nice to get the racist biggot off the world platform the US presidency affords him.

His attitude towards women is just disgusting too.

His attitude towards women is just disgusting too.

This is the thing.
    He’s just a horrible individual all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

This is the thing.
    He’s just a horrible individual all round.

Half the country voted for him. And I still cannot believe there is no better than either candidate in the country.

The land of the free but limited in who you can choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Half the country voted for him. And I still cannot believe there is no better than either candidate in the country.

Money talks

A good point made on radio a while ago. That there is a combined 65 million people in the USA that are either Hispanic or Italian American. A major holiday in the US is Columbus Day. Instead of saying Happy Columbus day, Biden puts out Happy Indigenous Peoples Day, which was seen as an insult.

One of the many reasons why the Democrats lose elections. Hillary did similar in 2016 with glass ceilings and minority rights.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Money talks

Not really money and not surprising half the country voted for him - It's a two party system. All they have to do is paint the opposition as worse, simple scare mongering, the last election was an example:
    Crooked Hilary that he was going to jail/ Mexico=bad and they'll pay for the wall/ Promise to tear up everything Obama did etc.
    The opposing line of Trumps a racist/bigot/failed business man/woman hating loon that'll nuke somewhere within a week etc

Paint a picture that shows voters you'll be in the poor house within a month of the opposition getting in and you'll influence enough.

Yea.
    The fact that half the country votes for a racist, misogynistic pig is incredulous. The guy openly mocked a disabled journalist on air and hardly anyone batted an eye.

Says allot about a nation of they don’t want a decent person as president.

The guy openly mocked a disabled journalist on air and hardly anyone batted an eye.

Anyone with a hint of decency about them would have turned on him for that alone.
    Says allot about a nation of they don’t want a decent person as president.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge; our own 2018 presidential election saw Peter Casey go from dead last to second within a day of uttering some sh1te about the Travelling Community.

Anyone with a hint of decency about them would have turned on him for that alone.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge; our own 2018 presidential election saw Peter Casey go from dead last to second within a day of uttering some sh1te about the Travelling Community.

More worrying still for Ireland is that we elected the biggest communist in the whole country to the position of President whilst we always throw a deaf ear to him stepping way beyond the bounds of his position as president and allow him to carte blanch spout his communist propaganda on any platform that will have him - both nationally and internationally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Odelay

More worrying still for Ireland is that we elected the biggest communist in the whole country to the position of President whilst we always throw a dear ear to him stepping way beyond the bounds of his position as president and allow him to carte blanch spout his communist propoganda on any platform that will have him - both nationally and internationally

Biggest communist?? The lad is only four foot tall.

Odelay wrote: »
    Biggest communist?? The lad is only four foot tall.

as was Stalin!!

More worrying still for Ireland is that we elected the biggest communist in the whole country to the position of President whilst we always throw a dear ear to him stepping way beyond the bounds of his position as president and allow him to carte blanch spout his communist propoganda on any platform that will have him - both nationally and internationally

Like what? I genuinely can't recall anything too outrageous he said?

My point was the surge of votes a few words about travelers got a significant proportion of our own electorate 'hot in the jocks' that saw him jump from an dead cert wooden spoon to second. And all his biggest numbers coming from rural votes.

• Advertisement

My point was the surge of votes a few words about travelers got a significant proportion of our own electorate 'hot in the jocks' that saw him jump from an dead cert wooden spoon to second. And all his biggest numbers coming from rural votes.

Because people are tired of the bull that goes around nowadays - molly coddling all of these minority groups and giving them far too much say for the relatively minor number of society that they occupy

Because people are tired of the bull that goes around nowadays - molly coddling all of these minority groups and giving them far too much say for the relatively minor number of society that they occupy

"All these minority groups" - he mentioned one, briefly. And didn't offer a solution to the problem. It was an easy bone to throw and some voters lapped it up. The presidential role would offer him no role to deal with that situation (in the way you would like) but still it was swallowed by so many without hesitation on where he would go with it.

My point proven on US trump voters unequivocally.

???

Anything else? Because this isn't really comparable.

This isn't certainly isn't him "stepping way beyond the bounds of his position as president and allow him to carte blanch spout his communist propaganda on any platform that will have him - both nationally and internationally"

You've said we voted in "Irelands biggest communist" (never a member of the Irish communist party so that would null that statement) Had he campaigned on a communist theme (akin to Peter Caseys well timed vote grabber headline) then you might have a point. Had he campaigned on, and continued to, use the presidency to affect a shift our political system over to Communism you (and the journalist) might have a point.

A speech 5 years ago musing about what might have happened isn't comparable. To be critical of capitalism isn't bullying anyone, much as the journalist wants it to be. As you've said yourself "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

All you've done is echo trump fan tactics. I've shown how Peter Casey's comments were nothing short of a vote grabbing dog whistle (eg. build the wall/lock her up/fire Fauci) and just like we see in the states a response of "look what the other guy said/did" is given as some sort of defense?

In a two party race, this is how Trump gets circa half the country voting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Jb1989

In a two party race, this is how Trump gets circa half the country voting for him.[/quote]

And how he possibly gets the other half to not vote for him, sorta balances out, does it not?

Let the US votes take heed of trumps words and actions, and vote accordingly.

We're not US citizens, so no chance of a vote, why everyone gets so heated about things that they have no power to change is beyond me.

If anyone is remotely interested in the Biofarm 2020 conference, just a FYI, last years presentations were available free online after the event. This year will be different as I understand it, the presentations will only be available after the event to ticket holders.

At €50 it'd be criminal to miss it, even if you defer watching it to a later date.

https://nots.ie/courses/biofarm-2020-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

And on the above. It's been highly alluded from the dept that nitrogen fertilizer allowances per ha/ac are going to be reduced in the coming years.

We've all learned the npk mantra and soil pH on how to farm.

But the above goes further and shows how to go even further how to grow more on reduced nitrogen usage.
    The clue is in the name BioFarm.

As HQ mentioned it's been emailed out that presentations will only be made available to anyone that's signed up.
    And I have already done so myself.

The trouble is there's only 500 signed up yet out of how many farmers on this island?
    * Any farmer not online nowadays is really missing out big time.

Fixed that for you, for the day that's in it...
    * Any farmer not online nowadays is really missing out bigly.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    And how he possibly gets the other half to not vote for him, sorta balances out, does it not?

Yes and no. It's roughly balancing out now very close to the 50/50 split; no guarantee it'll always come down that even, that's the danger of dog whistle comments.
    Let the US votes take heed of trumps words and actions, and vote accordingly.
    They do, that's the issue. They take heed but don't question the depth of them.
    We're not US citizens, so no chance of a vote, why everyone gets so heated about things that they have no power to change is beyond me.

Who's getting heated? It's a discussion forum. A contentious vote on the leader of the (self declared ) free world has ramifications for us also. Especially with brexit looming and EU relations/trade deals etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

This lockdown is getting boring at this stage

Advertisement