Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Landed down to youre part of the world laat night, loose as a bag of onions would be an accurate description. Will definitly be back again. First time away from home and work in over a year and i reckon i could get into a habit of heading off every couple of weekends with the swag now after this weekend.

It’s a grand spot to be fair and we were very lucky when the lockdown extended to countywide. There is always something to do if you’ve an afternoon free. Where did you end up going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

It’s a grand spot to be fair and we were very lucky when the lockdown extended to countywide. There is always something to do if you’ve an afternoon free. Where did you end up going?

Out to Doolin was planning on Lahinch but i couldnt find a spot to camp in. Had a skinful last night so no way was i driving anywhere today but was up early and gavee the day walking around the area and ill leave early in the morning and hit the burren on the way back home.

Better living everyone

Base price wrote: »
    We add Dipetane when filling up. Commercial/Taxi drivers have been using it for years.

Been using it sporadically over the last year id be doing 1000km/week minimum so i suppose its no harm to be putting a bit into it.

Better living everyone

Out to Doolin was planning on Lahinch but i couldnt find a spot to camp in. Had a skinful last night so no way was i driving anywhere today but was up early and gavee the day walking around the area and ill leave early in the morning and hit the burren on the way back home.

You’re probably better off avoiding lahinch at the moment anyway. From hearing about the weekend before last- it was chockablock.

Doolin is a lovey spot. Did you try any local beer or go main stream?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I think today was the nicest day we've had so far this year. There was sunshine and a nice breeze without extremes of temperature and its the first day I've worn only a shirt and not been frozen and then roasted at different intervals during the day. Work was even fairly straightforward today and I remarked to myself how well the countryside looks the last week compared to all "spring".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Lads I have a sward left from the guys cutting it as it was too steep. Anyway wer balli g the rest next Friday. Would it be ok down for 6 days that award if the weather is dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I’ve been spreading slurry over the long weekend and have witnessed some suicidal motorists. It’s a short spin from the yard to the fields and as soon as I put on my left side indicator to signal I intend turning into the field, and start to slow some cars behind me take this as an invitation to overtake. The problem is they are doing it on a sweeping right hand bend and don’t have a clear view of the road ahead. On two occasions I’ve had to cross the middle of the road to stop the driver from passing me as they’ll be head on into another vehicle that’s thundering down the road. I don’t fancy being the tractor driver “who caused an accident”
    Why can’t drivers wait for machinery to complete its manoeuvre or pull in, but passing on a bend is just idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

This is ground breaking news from the tillage sector. What idiot did they need to confirm this. Agriland journalist's are becoming lazier than the
    lads working with the rag

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/straw-incorporation-boosts-soil-health-according-to-farmers/

Slava Ukrainii

lefthooker wrote: »
    I’ve been spreading slurry over the long weekend and have witnessed some suicidal motorists. It’s a short spin from the yard to the fields and as soon as I put on my left side indicator to signal I intend turning into the field, and start to slow some cars behind me take this as an invitation to overtake. The problem is they are doing it on a sweeping right hand bend and don’t have a clear view of the road ahead. On two occasions I’ve had to cross the middle of the road to stop the driver from passing me as they’ll be head on into another vehicle that’s thundering down the road. I don’t fancy being the tractor driver “who caused an accident”
    Why can’t drivers wait for machinery to complete its manoeuvre or pull in, but passing on a bend is just idiotic.

Testosterone ???

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Testosterone ???

And equal doses of estrogen too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lads I have a sward left from the guys cutting it as it was too steep. Anyway wer balli g the rest next Friday. Would it be ok down for 6 days that award if the weather is dry

It'll start to heat and rot unless you spread it out and "save" it (hence the expression!).

You’re probably better off avoiding lahinch at the moment anyway. From hearing about the weekend before last- it was chockablock.

Doolin is a lovey spot. Did you try any local beer or go main stream?

So i heard, no i stayed mainstream i was never a lover of any craft beer.

Better living everyone

So i heard, no i stayed mainstream i was never a lover of any craft beer.

I have one now and again but never came across one I would continually drink. Lidl had an extra dry craft Cider last year. I was mad about it. They no longer stock it it had a yellow label I think it was named Irish crafty Cider. Anybody know who brewed it for them

Went out last night made a serious attempt at a gallon. Got a bit of brunch with it. Knocked a right home in a city euro note. Remember Leo said spend big

Slava Ukrainii

I have one now and again but never came across one I would continually drink. Lidl had an extra dry craft Cider last year. I was mad about it. They no longer stock it it had a yellow label I think it was named Irish crafty Cider. Anybody know who brewed it for them

Went out last night made a serious attempt at a gallon. Got a bit of brunch with it. Knocked a right home in a city euro note. Remember Leo said spend big

Had a skinful Saturday night myself too, looks like we just have to session through this coming recession. Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some Australian or New Zealsnd beers myself but there few and far between here.

Better living everyone

Had a skinful Saturday night myself too, looks like we just have to session through this coming recession. Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some Australian or New Zealsnd beers myself but there few and far between here.

I used get Aussie foods for the OH from SANZA.co.uk- but currently not delivering here.

I have just ordered off aussiefood.eu

Both sites have beer. Wouldn’t be cheapest option but an option.

I used get Aussie foods for the OH from SANZA.co.uk- but currently not delivering here.

Know a few fellas who used SANZA alright but with Brexit and Covid i was slow to give it a go, is aussiefoods reliable lately?

Better living everyone

Know a few fellas who used SANZA alright but with Brexit and Covid i was slow to give it a go, is aussiefoods reliable lately?

Better living everyone

I’ll let you know in a few days. It’s out for delivery this week. I never used them before.

I used an Australian based crowd the last time but it was bulling money

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Good luck to any other families with kids starting LC tomorrow. Been a strange time getting here. If you’ve kids in LC not doing exams at all, good luck to them too. Eldest is sitting 4 subjects over 5 days, 6 exams so this time next week she will be done.

She was delighted to have a swim today, first in months, really brought a pep to her step, she has missed it so much, she is back teaching swimming Saturday and she’s looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Best of luck . The swimming kids really missed out in lockdown

• Advertisement

Is lucerne (on it's own) available here in pellet or nut form?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Thinking of trying the milk pregnancy test on some of the cows served 28 days
    Has anyone used this before and was it accurate?

Anyone with a welding shield you can get a wee glimpse of the eclipse just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

_Brian wrote: »

Ha wouldn't work down here in Cork, very overcast and drizzling. It was very dark and I think that's more noticeable on a cloudy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Eclipse? welding shield? With the fog and mist here in west Cork i cant see 200 yards.

Brian is just trying to rise us, foxy.

Down south in that free draining land is the place for rain amd mist.

Our cleggy clay still isn’t trafficable in places since the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I remember a partial eclipse back about 20 years ago. Got duskish and all the birds went quiet for about an hour. Was overcast that day too so wasnt overly obvious.

Down south in that free draining land is the place for rain amd mist.

Our cleggy clay still isn’t trafficable in places since the spring.

I have oats and haven't been able to drive into the fields since I sat it. Hope it's dry enough for the combine.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    I have oats and haven't been able to drive into the fields since I sat it. Hope it's dry enough for the combine.

Christ

Advertisement