Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

That's my good deed for the day.

Caught a pigeon that was walking around the yard. Had two rings.
    Clearly a bit exhausted. The cats and dog would have him if I didn't.
    Put the number on the Irish pigeon website and it turns from a call back its a carlow pigeon that was let off in Cornwall.

Had a previous pigeon here with the same story and it was let off in the south of England going to Belfast. Eventually after it got it's strength back it made its own way back to Belfast.

Carlow pigeon owner will be collecting today or tomorrow.
    Solar storm.

20210626-105831.jpg

His gps was messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

If a referee abandons a game, does he still get paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    If a referee abandons a game, does he still get paid?

wouldn't he want to, especially if the players are the problem.
    Why was it abandoned

Players weren't the problem. 17 minutes left. He abandoned it due to the other teams sideline continually giving out about his decisions

Players weren't the problem. 17 minutes left. He abandoned it due to the other teams sideline continually giving out about his decisions

it'd be bad form if he wasn't paid. Proper order to call it off

• Advertisement

The expiry date on prescrips drugs.

Say it's March 2021. Is it the 1st of March or the 31st?

The expiry date on prescrips drugs.

Say it's March 2021. Is it the 1st of March or the 31st?

Mid day on the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

From my days of Junior soccer, ref paid no matter what or teams could face a ban. Not certain about GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Mid day on the 15th

Always thought it was the last day of the month

"The expiry date usually means that you should not take the medicine after the end of the month given. For example, if the expiry date is July 2020, you should not take the medicine after 31 July 2020."

@ op I think it would best to ask your pharmacist or gp other than seek advise online

orm0nd wrote: »
    Always thought it was the last day of the month

"The expiry date usually means that you should not take the medicine after the end of the month given. For example, if the expiry date is July 2020, you should not take the medicine after 31 July 2020."

@ op I think it would best to ask your pharmacist or gp other than seek advise online

Tbh I would have thought the same the last day. Once it's used in that month

• Advertisement

Isn't live streaming of mass great, I normally had it set up for my parents in lockdown from local church. This evening I set up a mass from Wexford that my mother would have gone to if health allowed. She texted me after, it was a lovely mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Tbh I would have thought the same the last day. Once it's used in that month

if there is a qr code on the packaging it would tell by scanning it.

See the balancing payments of bps showing on financial services on agfood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

wrangler wrote: »
    This is the driest june since we started recording in 2009 and we're heading into a heatwave now so grass will really crisp up now.
    We got 8mms rain yesterday, doesn't seem to anything much forecast now for ten days and ground is hard already

Amazing the different climate and weather conditions we have for such a small country,here in NW we had a very mixed June....no more than two dry days in a row....had good grass growth alright but torrential rain here on Thursday that went on for hours!

Lovely sunny days Friday and Saturday but walked some fields that badly need cleaning off yday evening and after Thursdays rain there was give in the ground as you walked on it so there is no way a tractor will travel on it without a few more good days drying.

Amazing the different climate and weather conditions we have for such a small country,here in NW we had a very mixed June....no more than two dry days in a row....had good grass growth alright but torrential rain here on Thursday that went on for hours!

Lovely sunny days Friday and Saturday but walked some fields that badly need cleaning off yday evening and after Thursdays rain there was give in the ground as you walked on it so there is no way a tractor will travel on it without a few more good days drying.

I'm in SE Wicklow, ground is like cement
    Just 9.6mm in the whole of June
    On Thursday when much of the north and west was soaked for example, we had 22c here and fine all day
    Managed 1mm later that evening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Isn't live streaming of mass great, I normally had it set up for my parents in lockdown from local church. This evening I set up a mass from Wexford that my mother would have gone to if health allowed. She texted me after, it was a lovely mass.

Mums funeral was live streamed.
    Nephew in Canada and her 85yo cousin on London both watched in. It was nice they could.

Few things like that are welcome trappings of covid.

See there were friesian heifer calves stolen off 2 farms overnight. Can these animals really not go unnoticed? With tags, genotyping etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Jb1989

See there were friesian heifer calves stolen off 2 farms overnight. Can these animals really not go unnoticed? With tags, genotyping etc?

Tags easy swap.
    Genotyping possibly show up some time, but could be reared and change of hands long after the original culprit, before it ever be copped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

_Brian wrote: »
    Mums funeral was live streamed.
    Nephew in Canada and her 85yo cousin on London both watched in. It was nice they could.

Few things like that are welcome trappings of covid.
    One of my eldest brother's best friend died in Dec from cancer. He would have spent a lot of time in our house while I was a baby growing up and would have always been considered a family member. In fact he, my brother, and the other best friend brought me to see Pope John Paul at the time.

I couldn't attend his funeral as the numbers were limited due to Covid but I was able to watch it online. I was very helpful for me to grieve watching the funeral ceremony and eulogy.

• Advertisement

Two youngest are in the child minders today so surprised my 6yo with a cinema visit- daddy-daughter time. She is literally bouncing all morning and can’t stop smiling. It’s the little things.

Two youngest are in the child minders today so surprised my 6yo with a cinema visit- daddy-daughter time. She is literally bouncing all morning and can’t stop smiling. It’s the little things.

Youngest lad off to fai camp this morning. He's 13 and was up at 7 all excited. Camp starts at 10. Left him off at half 9. There was loads there before him

Youngest lad off to fai camp this morning. He's 13 and was up at 7 all excited. Camp starts at 10. Left him off at half 9. There was loads there before him

Ah it’s great for them. Summer camps starting here soon too. She had her first match against a neighbouring parish.

Had a Bord bia remote inspection this morning.
    All the work was done beforehand. Even the survey so it was a short call. And just as well as the electricity was off this morning for maintenance.
    Then decided after cajoling from the father to get the plastic loaded and in to a recycling collection point which was on today.
    While loading then, me on the tractor loader and my father on the ground with a sprong tidying up. He walked on a wasps nest beside the plastic.
    Cue attack and wasps swarming on him. I'll praise myself now that I was good under pressure and hopped off the tractor and got him into the milking parlour pronto and closed the sliding door and killed any remaining wasps on him with my bare hands.
    Not sure how I didn't get stung. But anyway the first aid kit was there thanks to Bord bia. And there was cooling gel/spray for burns. (Best I could do but a help).
    Then inside with him where we had antihistamine cream. He washed himself and changed his clothes. Cajoled by me this time as I warned him he'd be attacked again if he went out again like that with the smell of the wasps on him.
    So he did that and between the burn spray and antihistamine it helped greatly.
    Said he was not too bad then. So I went off to the recycling point with my plastic, went to pay after weighing and asked for the recycling code which I completely forgot to bring or have it on my phone with all the commotion that morning.
    It was sorted anyway.

One of those days...

Had a Bord bia remote inspection this morning.
    All the work was done beforehand. Even the survey so it was a short call. And just as well as the electricity was off this morning for maintenance.
    Then decided after cajoling from the father to get the plastic loaded and in to a recycling collection point which was on today.
    While loading then, me on the tractor loader and my father on the ground with a sprong tidying up. He walked on a wasps nest beside the plastic.
    Cue attack and wasps swarming on him. I'll praise myself now that I was good under pressure and hopped off the tractor and got him into the milking parlour pronto and closed the sliding door and killed any remaining wasps on him with my bare hands.
    Not sure how I didn't get stung. But anyway the first aid kit was there thanks to Bord bia. And there was cooling gel/spray for burns. (Best I could do but a help).
    Then inside with him where we had antihistamine cream. He washed himself and changed his clothes. Cajoled by me this time as I warned him he'd be attacked again if he went out again like that with the smell of the wasps on him.
    So he did that and between the burn spray and antihistamine it helped greatly.
    Said he was not too bad then. So I went off to the recycling point with my plastic, went to pay after weighing and asked for the recycling code which I completely forgot to bring or have it on my phone with all the commotion that morning.
    It was sorted anyway.

One of those days...

I've to head for the hospital with my OH when she get's stung, her throat starts to swell and block. Ironically they seek her out, yet I could stand beside her and never get stung.
    Probably simlar happened with you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

It's a bit of a long shot but there was a lad from around Charlestown direction that used to do hoof trimming for me on occasion. His last name escapes me but I'm fairly sure his first name was Patrick. He had a Merc Sprinter pickup with the crate mounted on it at one stage but had changed to a Landcruiser and trailed crate in the last year or 2. To cut a long story short I've been ringing him for the last fortnight and I can't get through, it's ringing out but no answer. He was always a good lad at the job and reliable, I was just wondering had he changed his number or gotten out of the business.

wrangler wrote: »
    I've to head for the hospital with my OH when she get's stung, her throat starts to swell and block. Ironically they seek her out, yet I could stand beside her and never get stung.
    Probably simlar happened with you

Horseflies seek me out. I swell a bit when the buggers bite me not hospital serious though.

I was attacked along with a neighbour in our childhood after we inadvertently destroyed a wasp nest. That wasn't nice. I've a healthy respect since and never been stung since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

For those of ye interested.......Love Island is back:D looking toward to some intellectual conversation compared to the usual shyte on the tv :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭green daries

It's a bit of a long shot but there was a lad from around Charlestown direction that used to do hoof trimming for me on occasion. His last name escapes me but I'm fairly sure his first name was Patrick. He had a Merc Sprinter pickup with the crate mounted on it at one stage but had changed to a Landcruiser and trailed crate in the last year or 2. To cut a long story short I've been ringing him for the last fortnight and I can't get through, it's ringing out but no answer. He was always a good lad at the job and reliable, I was just wondering had he changed his number or gotten out of the business.

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Odelay

Horseflies seek me out. I swell a bit when the buggers bite me not hospital serious though.

I was attacked along with a neighbour in our childhood after we inadvertently destroyed a wasp nest. That wasn't nice. I've a healthy respect since and never been stung since then.

Haven't seen one horse fly this year. Maybe because of the cold May? Very few flies of any description this year.

Advertisement