Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

A new first for me tonight. Going to a school friends young lads 21st.

Jaysus it only seems like yesterday I was on the circuit of 21st birthday parties of my own generation like. Father time moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Are nightclubs back open now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Sad day, Sam maguire has gone outside europe for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

To be totally pedantic, it's still in Europe but not the EU.

I had tree lovers out to me today when I was at the hedges. I seen a car pull up on the main road and a couple climb in over the gate (knew it wasn't going to be good as both climbed over the side with the latch and not the hanging side). Marched up to the side of the tractor and started shouting. I couldn't hear them obviously so I told them to come around to the other side where the door is. That caused some confusion. Eventually they sussed there's only one door. I opened it and they told me to turn off my destruction machine and they demanded my name. Now I was starving with the hunger and have a hoor of a head cold. I wasn't in the mood for this bullshit. I told them no and then the lady pushed in and tried to get into the cab. I threw the boot up face high at that stage and arose out of my air suspension seat. She backed down and then started asking my name which she didn't get. I'm going to be reported for destroying hedges. I asked her the date, it's past Sept 1st so would ya please F off. Not impressed. I sat back down, revved up and carried on. She tried a few times to stop me by jumping in front of the tractor but quickly figured out that that flying hedge debris meant that was a dumb idea. Eventually they fecked off after taking many pictures. I'm sure they'll pop up on some site at some time in future. I got the reg of the car, have their picture and have reported them for trespassing and threatening me on my land. Most likely nothing will come of it. Dunno what could come of it actually. No harm to have their details in the system.

Lemsip in me now. I'm going to bed. Another day of destruction tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Seriously!

This is what echo chambers on the Internet make people believe and behave like idiots.

Hopefully the guards will make something of it. If you were outside the law you could be sure they or the council would be visiting you. Hope ta feck they call around on them and say what's what.

If it does happen again though just call the guards. Don't switch the hedge cutter back on again. Just wait and film them.

If a piece of debris from the hedge cutter hit them you'd be in serious bother. Serious bother. Tens of thousands of euro bother. Not worth it for that. Call guards and other back up if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Odelay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Always glad to see an Ulster team win it. Saw a bit of the game, but my interest would only brief, amd I went off topping a field instead

I got a gut full off trooping round the country to GAA events with my dad, he was very competitive, 50+ ulster medals for both football and handball and two all ireland titles in handball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Sadly that happens in lots of cases

Hopefully your girls will add top medals, are the still swimming

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jaginsligo

That's unbelievable, to have the gal to go into someone's field & tell them to stop. The thing is these people have no idea where their food comes from or what it takes to get it to a tesco shelf. They think farmers are the enemy & tesco the saviour with their vegan range

• Advertisement

Eldest has retired from competitive swimming as she’s off to college, still a club member and plans to join club at college so maybe she will compete for them, she swam for Ulster a few times and at international events. Medals stuck in a shoe box under her bed as she was never much interest in them. She’s a qualified swim teacher and coach now and enjoys them both.

younger girl is swimming away but doesn’t compete at the same high level, she has other interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭straight

Tis hard to bate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Well done Galway ladies - with Cathal Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Better team, cork lacking in front of goal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

As the ploughing should have taken place next week, are we due new AI catalogs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭emaherx

Sold a cow in Kingscourt last week, didn't expect to see her again but she popped up on my news feed this morning. 😀

Thinking about planting some hedging this Winter, no experience with them at all. I'd like to go minimal on fencing because cost. Biggest threat is hares, we've lots of them.

Would those plastic rabbit guard spirals be sufficient, obviously not for livestock but I intend to electric fence stock out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Should be in my experience - you can get slightly larger ones that are deer proof for total peace of mind

Deer aren't a worry here

• Advertisement

Those alternatives need to become cheaper in a hurry. A lot of stuff online from the UK, but it always appeared to me there's also assistance with cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Odelay

Looking out the office window and I see there are leaves falling...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I'll be sad to see the back of this summer - it really has been great over most of the country(apart from June in the West)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Was only saying to a fella in work today will we even get a winter at all yet?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Just back from a few days in Achill Island, unreal history there and met lots of locals willing to tell it.

I'd say we were on every road on the Island, the couple we were with were looking for a friend they hadn't met in 31 years,

And it was a Dub, that was coming to achill for forty years, that gave us the information that finally helped us find her.

It was great food, great hotel and good company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Best holiday I ever had was in Achill island, years ago. First morning rushed down to a find a well laid dining room at 11.30 am. Damm we missed breakfast. Lady appeared, delighted when she asked what we were having for breakfast, seems we were the first up that day. The holiday continued in that vein, sunny days after the mist lifted and the sun shone. Down to Keem bay, climbing the mountains. Great Steaks in the evening, at the Boley house. Cheile in the hall, music and a sing song in the Atlantic hotel. Heading back to b&b as the dawn rose.

Forgot to mention the fun time with the yellow beach buggy, we shared with a group from NI. Have a photo of it somewhere.

Post edited by Lime Tree Farm on

Advertisement