Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bringing heifer into butcher this morning. Pulled trailer out of the shed and large cut in tyre, tyre was poor to be fair.
    Lucky the spare wheel of the horsebox fitted perfect and was only small delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

_Brian wrote: »
    Bringing heifer into butcher this morning. Pulled trailer out of the shed and large cut in tyre, tyre was poor to be fair.
    Lucky the spare wheel of the horsebox fitted perfect and was only small delay.

What weight is the heifer? Will you be taking the whole animal back and what cuts etc? Have two empty heifers here thinking of keeping one for the freezer next summer off grass. Between 3 or 4 houses. She is 25% fleckveih 75% hol/fr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Gozunda, will you empty your sent items/inbox please. I can't reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Gozunda, will you empty your sent items/inbox please. I can't reply!

Ha will do. I'm bad at the old house work ;)

Mooooo wrote: »
    What weight is the heifer? Will you be taking the whole animal back and what cuts etc? Have two empty heifers here thinking of keeping one for the freezer next summer off grass. Between 3 or 4 houses. She is 25% fleckveih 75% hol/fr.

560kg on the scales last Saturday.
    Hereford cross heifer.

She’s going to hang for three weeks and then he will call us about cuts etc. It’s being shared among two houses. First time killing a heifer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Interesting article on young lad making deer production a runaway success ...

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1176763/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=upday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

gozunda wrote: »

One of them lads arrived into our place a few years ago, took us months to get rid of it. Would just stand there looking in the window at us all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

gozunda wrote: »

Hope it's not a cold winter... there will be no wood left for the fire! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭kk.man

emaherx wrote: »
    Hope it's not a cold winter... there will be no wood left for the fire! :D

Not very carbon efficient either.

Goodman holding onto €10million of taxpayers money and refusing to engauge with OPW over the issue..

What this man can get away with in this country is just amazing..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40079279.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Goodman holding onto €10million of taxpayers money and refusing to engauge with OPW over the issue..

After what he cost the state down the years they still have no problem getting into bed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭straight

kk.man wrote: »
    Not very carbon efficient either.

Au contraire. Locally produced product is better that importing decorations from china. It's reusable and recyclable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It says more about our Public Servants than about Goodman. It seems anyone can rip off the public service

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

wrangler wrote: »
    It says more about our Public Servants than about Goodman. It seems anyone can rip off the public service

Hard to fathom how such an amazing error of payment occurred.
    Considering the number of desks it would have to pass over to be approved and released for payment...

If nothing else, there had to be a GL code created with enough in it to allow the overpayment, and those are usually set up for one particular use only.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was in lidl earlier, there was an old man going around with his mask between his teeth :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I didn't notice you looking at me.

Water John wrote: »
    I didn't notice you looking at me.

We'll have to get you a himalayan salt block, you're obviously missing something

I think I've posted about "The Great Reset" before, take a look at this. The attempt to patent seeds was just the start.

"According to WEF’s founder and executive chairman, Klaus Schwab, the forum is guided by the goal of positioning “private corporations as the trustees of society” to “address social and environmental challenges.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/world-economic-forums-great-reset-plan-for-big-food-benefits-industry-not-people/

I think I've posted about "The Great Reset" before, take a look at this. The attempt to patent seeds was just the start.

"According to WEF’s founder and executive chairman, Klaus Schwab, the forum is guided by the goal of positioning “private corporations as the trustees of society” to “address social and environmental challenges.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/world-economic-forums-great-reset-plan-for-big-food-benefits-industry-not-people/

Scary control for any group to have.

Scary control for any group to have.

Isn't it, narrow peoples options and you literally funnel their wealth into corporations. I'm not sure if I've posted the one below here before, but in case people think the rich have us mere mortals best interests at heart here's another article.

Food is one of the biggest targets as far as I can see, so ag is very much at risk, particularly animal ag.

https://www.newstatesman.com/ideas/2020/10/problem-philanthropy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

positioning “private corporations as the trustees of society”

Sure thats just the goal of all free market capitalists since the first corporations had to be forced by law to stop maiming children in their factories

Sure thats just the goal of all free market capitalists since the first corporations had to be forced by law to stop maiming children in their factories

You're not joining the dots together between the super wealthy, universities, researchers, media, politicians etc. They are now in a position to make the policies and laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

You're not joining the dots together between the super wealthy, universities, researchers, media, politicians etc. They are now in a position to make the policies and laws.

Absolutely agree. Intel could and probably do set policy in this country through the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Grueller wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Intel could and probably do set policy in this country through the back door.

You'd wonder what have we become

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

ruwithme wrote: »
    You'd wonder what have we become

The 51st state..but in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Put Lugol’s iodine in the drinkers
    Can’t find the strength
    It recommends 1ml per 10 cows
    Does anyone know the % it is

Put Lugol’s iodine in the drinkers
    Can’t find the strength
    It recommends 1ml per 10 cows
    Does anyone know the % it is

Its 1ml per cow per day in the drinking water

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Its 1ml per cow per day in the drinking water

The label says added to water
    1ml to 5ml per 10 cows
    For lactating cows 1ml per 10 cows

I was wondering would it be 10%?

The label says added to water
    1ml to 5ml per 10 cows
    For lactating cows 1ml per 10 cows

I was wondering would it be 10%?

I never knew there was different strengths of it. Always just give 1ml per cow per day in the drinker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    I never knew there was different strengths of it. Always just give 1ml per cow per day in the drinker

We always used proportioner pumps with the sucklers for iodine and msgnesium in the spring.
    That's twenty years ago, does anyone use them now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEWTRY-Fertilizer-Proportioning-Proportioner-Irrigation/dp/B0788HV3KW/ref=asc_df_B0788HV3KW/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=232103871031&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7155864508444590114&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20495&hvtargid=pla-571609870777&psc=1

Advertisement