Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Drawing in calf heifers home from outfarm all morning. Would love to go to local for my dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Drawing in calf heifers home from outfarm all morning. Would love to go to local for my dinner

Know the feeling
    Something we use to do & miss too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Know the feeling
    Something we use to do & miss too

Habit around here the last few years was dinner in the local pub on a Friday.

I mean at the real dinner time (middle of the day) not this new dinner time in the evening.

Maybe that's when the world started to change - when people started eating their dinner in the evenings :)

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I mean at the real dinner time (middle of the day) not this new dinner time in the evening.

Maybe that's when the world started to change - when people started eating their dinner in the evenings :)

that should be banned i reckon!!

I wonder have many people working from home gone back to have dinner in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We Try to eat dinner as a family every day.
    Dinner in the evening is the only way. Same when I was a kid at home growing up. Dinner was held back to let as many sit, chat and have dinner as a group. That’s going back over 40 years so I don’t think it’s a “new” thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yeah miss the social aspect of that too, 10 euro well spent. Too many of us on our own all day, but at least we don't have to listen to all the bitching going on in offices all over the country.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

blue5000 wrote: »
    Yeah miss the social aspect of that too, 10 euro well spent. Too many of us on our own all day, but at least we don't have to listen to all the bitching going on in offices all over the country.

Try listening to that office bitching via endless Zoom calls. Drawing meal and silage out thru muck to out-wintered weanlings is 100 times easier. And better for your health!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

_Brian wrote: »
    We Try to eat dinner as a family every day.
    Dinner in the evening is the only way. Same when I was a kid at home growing up. Dinner was held back to let as many sit, chat and have dinner as a group. That’s going back over 40 years so I don’t think it’s a “new” thing.

Same as this - dinner was always after school, around 5

Now that I am working from home, dinner is still 5 - we could eat at 1 as we are both at home now, but the kids are in school. I prefer to sit down and everyone eat together. Was always a thing in our house growing up, and I really liked it...

Here is a question - did ye have specific places at the table, that you would always sit at? ;)
    I thought everyone did, but it seems some families dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Now that I am working from home, dinner is still 5 - we could eat at 1 as we are both at home now, but the kids are in school. I prefer to sit down and everyone eat together. Was always a thing in our house growing up, and I really liked it...

Here is a question - did ye have specific places at the table, that you would always sit at? ;)

What sort of lunatics would be moving around the table every nite?

You have your seat and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Green&Red wrote: »
    What sort of lunatics would be moving around the table every nite?

You have your seat and thats it

I sit on the throne. The rest can sit where they like : )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

The last few posts reminds of Goldijocks and the three bad bears.:D

Yes.
    We have specific places but in two layouts. If we’re eating a shared meal like pizza or finger food we sit different pattern than if we are having a regular dinner on a plate setup.

Dinner was always around 1pm here. Tea in the evening, supper at night :D

Base price wrote: »
    The main sproket thingie in the diet feeder wrung earlier today as we just started feeding. OH and I spent most of the morning in the bowels of the feeder forking out the feed over the side.

I'm feckin getting too old and worn out for dealing with this **** but I love rearing, feeding and breeding cattle :)

Did you get it fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Panch18 wrote: »
    that should be banned i reckon!!

I wonder have many people working from home gone back to have dinner in the day?

I think it’s idea that you must have a dinner (meat & veg) everyday
    Having a small dinner at 130 now with a small snack at 7
    Feel allot healthier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Breakfast 7.30/8.
    Ten o clock tea.
    Dinner 1pm.
    Tea 3pm
    Supper 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

Breakfast 7.30/8.
    Ten o clock tea.
    Dinner 1pm.
    Tea 3pm
    Supper 6pm.

Tea at 9pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭148multi

Breakfast 7.30/8.
    Ten o clock tea.
    Dinner 1pm.
    Tea 3pm
    Supper 6pm.

How do you have time for work ðŸ˜

Tea at 9pm??

Nope. Water maybe and fruit.

148multi wrote: »
    How do you have time for work ðŸ˜

What's work? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Breakfast 7.30/8.
    Ten o clock tea.
    Dinner 1pm.
    Tea 3pm
    Supper 6pm.

Like daycent civilised people:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Stomach empties in 2/2.5 hours after eating. Doesn't mean you eat 7 times a day. Generally four, breakfast and dinner 5/6pm are the biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

we like to get a good run at the day

so we usually ate the dinner at 8.am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Tea at 9pm??

Cornflakes😋

tanko wrote: »
    Cornflakes😋

A decent supper in fairness.

tanko wrote: »
    Cornflakes😋

My uncle always has porridge before bedtime. Saves time in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭straight

My father used to do the same when he was growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Did you get it fixed?
    Not yet. A friend dropped his one to us yesterday evening. He has his cows dried off so isn't using it at the minute.

Knew an elderly couple who would head to bed early.

They would bring a flask and ham sandwiches with them for a late night snack.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    Not yet. A friend dropped his one to us yesterday evening. He has his cows dried off so isn't using it at the minute.

That’s very handy. Decent thi to do.

Advertisement