Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Well done to Farmer of the year Dara Killeen.
    A good operator

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Local stables owner Nicola Clarke was winner in the other enterprises section.

My daughter takes lessons with Nicola and she’s great. I was talking to her yesterday evening and as you’d expect with this caliber of person she was working through the FB live event teaching kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I wouldn’t be a fan of it but my 6yo wanted to stay up watching it. She got to around 10pm and dozed off. Went to bed myself then as was tired from slabbing a few walls.

The girl who lost a leg was a pure dote. So sweet and inspiring when faced with such a difficult year. Her and her family deserve every bit of good news they get.

Watching the rest of it here now... there seems to more kids and toys in the second half I think?

Some amount of money raised, great stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I wouldn’t be a fan of it but my 6yo wanted to stay up watching it. She got to around 10pm and dozed off. Went to bed myself then as was tired from slabbing a few walls.

The girl who lost a leg was a pure dote. So sweet and inspiring when faced with such a difficult year. Her and her family deserve every bit of good news they get.

That and the little lad who had brittle bones. God love them. The money raised was a good change from the the usual thing of everyone at the show looking for a load of freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Jjameson wrote: »
    Anyone from Sligo know if the weanling in the mart was just stunned or broke his neck?

If he only knocked himself out it’s hilarious. If not it’s tragic

• Advertisement

I think it’s poor as well so far then...

It''s got a lot of criticism on the Late Late toyshow Megathread too, just had a gawk there now.
    It's being repeated on sunday , so it's difficult to see why childrens programs are put on after 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

wrangler wrote: »
    It''s got a lot of criticism on the Late Late toyshow Megathread too, just had a gawk there now.
    It's being repeated on sunday , so it's difficult to see why childrens programs are put on after 9pm

Late late show has for years been on a Friday or Saturday night after the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

Jjameson wrote: »
    Anyone from Sligo know if the weanling in the mart was just stunned or broke his neck?

Looked dead to me. Maybe he hit his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Well done to Farmer of the year Dara Killeen.
    A good operator

And a gentleman as well. (if the term still exists)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Ah, sure half the craic for the kids is the chance to stay up late. That’s as much a treat as anything... :)

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    And a gentleman as well. (if the term still exists)

+ 100
    I was on a commitee years ago with the father, seemed a good guy too
    Worked very hard too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Total disaster of a day here today, I've been waiting on a part I ordered for the last 10 day's that was supposed to be delivered in 2-4 working day's. I'm badly stuck for it and upon it's eventual delivery this morning it's not the right one and it will now be another week before I'm back up and running.

One of the terrier's belonging to the better half got hit by the post van and I don't think he'll make it tbh. She's beyond distraught as the dog's mean the world to her and I've always maintain she'd take my death better. We're awaiting news from the vet although he took me aside and told me the outlook wasn't good, I'm dreading the call as I know it won't be good news. I'm off checking the stock now and I'm afraid as to what I'll find with the way the day is going. I was doing a bit of fencing yesterday morning and a robin spent the entire time from branch to branch watching me from a few feet away and I took it to be a bad sign. I'm awaiting the third disaster of the day atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Total disaster of a day here today, I've been waiting on a part I ordered for the last 10 day's that was supposed to be delivered in 2-4 working day's. I'm badly stuck for it and upon it's eventual delivery this morning it's not the right one and it will now be another week before I'm back up and running.

One of the terrier's belonging to the better half got hit by the post van and I don't think he'll make it tbh. She's beyond distraught as the dog's mean the world to her and I've always maintain she'd take my death better. We're awaiting news from the vet although he took me aside and told me the outlook wasn't good, I'm dreading the call as I know it won't be good news. I'm off checking the stock now and I'm afraid as to what I'll find with the way the day is going. I was doing a bit of fencing yesterday morning and a robin spent the entire time from branch to branch watching me from a few feet away and I took it to be a bad sign. I'm awaiting the third disaster of the day atm.

Fingers crossed for good news for rest of day for you Albert

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for good news for rest of day for you Albert

I like having a robin near hand. Hope your dog makes a good recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Odelay

Whenever I see a robin watching me work I say to myself that’s Dad keeping an eye on me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Thanks for the good wishes, there much appreciated. The vet rang me to say he didn't make it which I was expecting to hear tbh. I'm glad he's not suffering and he was always well looked after and doted on by her. She has other dogs and will come to terms with it in time.

It's strange but I've never associated robins with much positivity. Usually there close presence has coincided with bad news of some sort in my experience. Strangely other older family members have told me similar stories so I don't know if it's bias or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Ah Albert, sorry to hear that. Dogs are part of the family. Hopefully it will survive

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

straight wrote: »
    Looked dead to me. Maybe he hit his head.

Who would be liable for the animal there? Seller or mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,513 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Here's an interesting clip on smelting iron African style.
    * Just in case ye were wondering how the Zulu's made their spears..as ye do on a Saturday evening. :D

https://youtu.be/RuCnZClWwpQ

Great hurling game on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Some second half from Waterford.

Toy show now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Some second half from Waterford.

Unreal, they were possessed. I'd love to see them win the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Grueller

Liam Cahill must be some manager to have reined Austin Gleeson in and made a team player out of the ultimate individual.
    At half time you felt that Waterford were every bit as good as Kilkenny or better but the missed chances, fumbles, overcarrying and general silly mistakes were costing them. Just didn't see that 3rd quarter coming.

Yeah its seen as a good sign around the midlands

Reggie. wrote: »
    Toy show now.

That's so yesterday, enjoy

whelan2 wrote: »
    That's so yesterday, enjoy

Sugar fuelled kids here. Less hassle rounding up wild limos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Glad to see Kilkenny gone......I’ve a lot of respect for them just don’t like them:D. There very cynical and the use of the free hand is infuriating. hurling could do with the black card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Grueller

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Glad to see Kilkenny gone......I’ve a lot of respect for them just don’t like them:D. There very cynical and the use of the free hand is infuriating. hurling could do with the black card.

I actually thought the ref gave Kilkenny a lot of marginal calls in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

For a championship that was played off in a rush and kinda 'let's get this over with' attitude, the matches have been brilliant. What would tonight have been like with a crowd present?
    Will Cody go now? Thought he looked frail tonight.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Advertisement