Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    Sugar fuelled kids here. Less hassle rounding up wild limos

Once one breaks they’re all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Grueller

For a championship that was played off in a rush and kinda 'let's get this over with' attitude, the matches have been brilliant. What would tonight have been like with a crowd present?
    Will Cody go now? Thought he looked frail tonight.

To me it shows the disdain for the ordinary club player. They could run the championship in 10 weeks every year and allow some clarity for the club players in scheduling a proper club championship window.

gozunda wrote: »
    That and the little lad who had brittle bones. God love them. The money raised was a good change from the the usual thing of everyone at the show looking for a load of freebies.

I thought the show was great. More enjoyable than usual amd the level of talent shown by the kids was amazing.

Staggering to see the vitriol online there. Ow against the toy show, people giving out that it was just a covid promotion platform amd brainwashing us to vaccines. Sad people can’t just leave the toy show just be sure it is without trying to politicise it.

Raising the money instead of giving away a load of free crap was great too.

I love that it’s wonderful that it’s abkut showcasing great kids not rather than a commercial advertisement for Smyth’s toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

For a championship that was played off in a rush and kinda 'let's get this over with' attitude, the matches have been brilliant. What would tonight have been like with a crowd present?
    Will Cody go now? Thought he looked frail tonight.

The munster teams are fresher this year seeing as its knockout. More level playing field for kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Only time I see robins hanging around is when I'm gardening, they are clever enough to know that I will be unearthing juicy critters for them to feast on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Grueller

straight wrote: »
    The munster teams are fresher this year seeing as its knockout. More level playing field for kilkenny.

Wouldn't have mattered to Kilkenny of the noughties. Kilkenny haven't had Leinster yhat easybthe last few years with Galway swimming in their waters, Wexford slightly resurgent and an occasional gallop from Dublin.

Grueller wrote: »
    Wouldn't have mattered to Kilkenny of the noughties. Kilkenny haven't had Leinster yhat easybthe last few years with Galway swimming in their waters, Wexford slightly resurgent and an occasional gallop from Dublin.

Galway entering Leinster definitely helped to level things a bit alright and really helped galway too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Jjameson wrote: »
    I lost a bit of sleep over one as well in August. It sat right on the driver’s mirror of the jeep after I’d kind of noted his presence a few times during the morning, next day wife mentioned a Robin fat trapped in living room.
    I absolutely could not eat or sleep for days. Good news is time has passed without event thank God.

Perhaps it's just superstition but I've always noticed them around times of sadness in the past. Perhaps it's just bias or looking for links that aren't there but it's something I dread from past experience.

My mother's family always said that one death in the family always brought another. A cousin of my maternal grandfather died from a heart attack on the way into the graveyard on the day of my grandfather's funeral. My maternal grandmother and one of her sister's died within a few days of each other. One of my aunt's died the evening of my last grand uncle's funeral. Tht side of the family get very nervous whenever there's a death wondering who's next.

Great program now on Diego Maradona, channel 4, repeat +1, sky 204, 10:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Remember when a BILs uncle had died, they opened the windows and a robin came in and perched on the end of the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Perhaps it's just superstition but I've always noticed them around times of sadness in the past. Perhaps it's just bias or looking for links that aren't there but it's something I dread from past experience.

My mother's family always said that one death in the family always brought another. A cousin of my maternal grandfather died from a heart attack on the way into the graveyard on the day of my grandfather's funeral. My maternal grandmother and one of her sister's died within a few days of each other. One of my aunt's died the evening of my last grand uncle's funeral. Tht side of the family get very nervous whenever there's a death wondering who's next.

We had a lot of animal deaths here in 1974, the year my brother died, the old people said it was related but I don't believe in Pisheogs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Digging out n cementing in gate posts here today and if 1 car passed with a Christmas tree 100 went by. A lad beside me is flogging them, the cheapest is e60.
    There won't be a pine left on them by the 25th!

As my oul lad said they'll just buy another one a week before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

enricoh wrote: »
    Digging out n cementing in gate posts here today and if 1 car passed with a Christmas tree 100 went by. A lad beside me is flogging them, the cheapest is e60.
    There won't be a pine left on them by the 25th!

As my oul lad said they'll just buy another one a week before Christmas!

I'm always saying this, "the country's awash with oul money "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Great program now on Diego Maradona, channel 4, repeat +1, sky 204, 10:30pm
    Super documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Not a bad morning for this time of the year. Milking all the sweeter with an extra pair of hands. Yesterdays match was a cracker. Hopefully, we'll have more of the same today (C'mon Limerick!) Mossy off to climb a mountain. Have a good day lads!

Up during the night as I couldn’t sleep. Made bread, emptied dishwasher.

But I ended watching a great piece on Al Jazeera news channel about Romania and its forests. Unbelievable old extensive forests, staggering both in scale and beauty. Bit systemically being logged out of existence by both state agencies and illegal firms and the “wood mafia” who profit from it.
    Much of the illegal timber ends up in IKEA, the earths largest timber consumer.

The wood mafia also tried to poison a government minister because she was bringing in legislation to give forests better protections.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2020/11/26/romania-disappearing-forests

Al Jazeea run great general interest pieces and give a world wide view of news rather than just the same old echo chambers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Not a bad morning for this time of the year. Milking all the sweeter with an extra pair of hands. Yesterdays match was a cracker. Hopefully, we'll have more of the same today (C'mon Limerick!) Mossy off to climb a mountain. Have a good day lads!

Male or female help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

He mentioned it a while back

Make sure to be back by 4 for the throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Odelay

I hope you're keeping a 2m distance ;0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

_Brian wrote: »

But I ended watching a great piece on Al Jazeera news channel about Romania and its forests. Unbelievable old extensive forests, staggering both in scale and beauty. Bit systemically being logged out of existence by both state agencies and illegal firms and the “wood mafia” who profit from it.

The wood mafia also tried to poison a government minister because she was bringing in legislation to give forests better protections.

Al Jazeea run great general interest pieces and give a world wide view of news rather than just the same old echo chambers

Throw away furniture. What a waste of timber

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

_Brian wrote: »

It's essential that all that auld timber is cleared away so that Karen on Faceache has somewhere to plant her sponsored tree near an orphanage and show us all how to save the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Outbreak of avian flu at a turkey farm in the UK. 10,000 birds affected.

https://i.imgflip.com/4o8m9w.jpg

Wild birds including swans also likley have been affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Wild birds including swans likley have been affected.

2020 just keeps on giving

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Wild birds including swans also likley have been affected.

Nothing unusual in this, it's quite common this time of year. Usually there's some casualties every year.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Can the turkeys still be eaten?

That and the little lad who had brittle bones. God love them. The money raised was a good change from the the usual thing of everyone at the show looking for a load of freebies.

Heart warming - great credit to all involved in his care that he has no fear of hospitals.

https://www.thejournal.ie/nasa-adam-late-late-toy-show-5282590-Nov2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Might end up snoozing through the match. Dunno how I’ll go for my run later.

Might end up snoozing through the match. Dunno how I’ll go for my run later.

That's a fine steak. Give the yorkshire pudding to the dog I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

straight wrote: »
    That's a fine steak. Give the yorkshire pudding to the dog I'd say.

I wouldn’t be gone on them anyway. Twas lovely- bit of veg left behind. 2yo kicked off when he saw mine vs his. He got similar only smaller portion.

Advertisement