Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Might end up snoozing through the match. Dunno how I’ll go for my run later.

Wheres the gravey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Reggie. wrote: »
    Wheres the gravey

Specsavers. Try the gravy Jug.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Looks more like pepper sauce to me, gravy on steak should be banned. It's a fine looking steak although it would be too well cooked for my liking. You only need the pepper sauce for dipping your chips/onion rings in. A few sausages in the deep fat fryer and some coleslaw and you'd be asleep for the evening afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Should be on the plate. Shame on you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Reggie. wrote: »
    Should be on the plate. Shame on you

I like an antique willow pattern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Might end up snoozing through the match. Dunno how I’ll go for my run later.

4 veg - that’s be a very special occasion in my house, I’m not even sure we have ever had 4 veg to be honest :)
    We would tend to have only 2 veg, plus maybe different types of spuds...
    Ha - that’s how we fancy things up - cook the spuds a different way :):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Water John wrote: »
    Can the turkeys still be eaten?

No. They don't go to an abattoir so they are not bled out. The bodies would have to be dealt with carefully to avoid passing on the virus

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Looks more like pepper sauce to me, gravy on steak should be banned. It's a fine looking steak although it would be too well cooked for my liking. You only need the pepper sauce for dipping your chips/onion rings in. A few sausages in the deep fat fryer and some coleslaw and you'd be asleep for the evening afterwards.

My fault, I was late coming in from the sheds.

4 veg - that’s be a very special occasion in my house, I’m not even sure we have ever had 4 veg to be honest :)
    We would tend to have only 2 veg, plus maybe different types of spuds...
    Ha - that’s how we fancy things up - cook the spuds a different way :):)

4 veg minimum in our house daily. Normally a corn on the cob there for the Sunday but she figured there was enough there.

I like an antique willow pattern

Carrig Donn- my aunt couldn’t make our wedding- teapot, sugar bowl and milk jug set. Lovely tea from the pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

_Brian wrote: »

Al Jazeea run great general interest pieces and give a world wide view of news rather than just the same old echo chambers

Yep - its my main source of foreign news and covers the likes of Africa and South America really well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

My fault, I was late coming in from the sheds.

Easy it could happen but I hate well done steak especially T-bones. The better half maintains I'd eat it raw but I prefer the term medium rare. My mother wouldn't eat it unless it was basically cooked to a crisp and I always said it was a waste buying good steak to do that to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How’s everyone on with Christmas shopping ??

Maybe ye haven’t started?

I feel a bit for stores opening this week, serious amount of shopping has been done online already. I’d say we’re near done and I know lots of folk in similar position. We will avoid actual shops other than groceries for next few weeks.

I feel a bit for stores opening this week, serious amount of shopping has been done online already. I’d say we’re near done and I know lots of folk in similar position. We will avoid actual shops other than groceries for next few weeks.

Almost all done here - all of it done online.
    We tried to make a special effort to only buy from Irish shops/websites...

Prob still pick up some small bits and pieces, but similar to yourself Brian - we’ll be avoiding shops a bit I’d say...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Heard of an outdoor Christmas market locally today. Guards closed it down as there were too many people there. Most of the Christmas shopping is finished here. Dont think I could face Penney's or the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I wonder will they allow people in for the All Ireland finals? They could half fill it with pockets of people, all wearing masks.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I wonder will they allow people in for the All Ireland finals? They could half fill it with pockets of people, all wearing masks.

But sure wouldn’t people all mix straight away afterwards - distancing for the duration of the game would be a waste of time...
    Sorry Patsy, think it’d be a terrible idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Not a problem for you in Clare or me in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There is research and analysis that shows outbreaks of Covid related to games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Water John wrote: »
    There is research and analysis that shows outbreaks of Covid related to games.

All the covid in louth was blamed on GAA games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Problem was more local games. Numbers not adhered to. Also winning teams celebrating for the week.

Mostly done. The second they announced the lockdown, I was in Lidl buying the small lady a vanity table. Oh had bought the rest of the gifts in the toy shops.

Waiting on trampoline from smyths.

OH got a kitchen aid for her birthday so I bought a few attachments for it for her- the meat grinder/sausage maker and the ice cream maker bowl. I’ll get her a few Australian foods in from uk.

I'm banned from buying anything else for the young lad, I think it was the peddle tractor with loader and trailer that broke the camels back :pac:

Herself bought me a big surprise - a new sheepdog!

I've been told what I'm to buy her, suits me fine :D

wrangler wrote: »
    All the covid in louth was blamed on GAA games

Think that was cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    Think that was cavan.

I thought the county players were complaining about being put at risk or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just off the phone with youngest in Galway with a bit of good news. His present research contract is expiring tomorrow (Monday) due to Covid funding restrictions.

He accepted a full time position in a retail outlet in Dublin that is within his field. Happy days, cause I don't have to worry about driving 2 hours to check on the house every few days.

Happy Mammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

+ 100
    I was on a commitee years ago with the father, seemed a good guy too
    Worked very hard too.

Could second that. They’d be neighbours of my father.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

I thought the county players were complaining about being put at risk or something

Next thing you'll be blaming Beef Plan for covid as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I'm banned from buying anything else for the young lad, I think it was the peddle tractor with loader and trailer that broke the camels back :pac:

Herself bought me a big surprise - a new sheepdog!

I've been told what I'm to buy her, suits me fine :D

Best present in the world for any youngster :)

• Advertisement

Yes there was no testing being carried out on players but we weren't in the competition for long. Local club won the county senior title, they celebrated for about a week and somehow there was no cases

Advertisement