Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

_Brian wrote: »
    Litres per minute would be important too I’d expect.

While these smaller washers can have a seemingly high psi they lack the water flow of larger washers.

Our small karcher came with a turbo nozzle, honestly it’s only marginally better than the standard Lance.

Someone gave one of the battery powered karchers. It claims to have a similar psi to the electric version. Tbh it wouldn't wash the mud off a ducks arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

gozunda wrote: »
    Someone gave one of the battery powered karchers. It claims to have a similar psi to the electric version. Tbh it wouldn't wash the mud off a ducks arse.

Pressure is only half the equation when washing. You need water flow too.

Think ours is a K3, it’s handy for washing cars and odd bits round the house. Kids can set it up to wash a car which is a boon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

That explosion at the water treatment plant in the U.K. yesterday.

See a 16yo was among the workers on top of the tank who were killed.

Poor lad must have been just after starting an apprenticeship or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Jjameson wrote: »
    Poor little ducky!!

Ah its ok - its a self cleaning duck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got a Christmas tree today. Kids picked it. Love the Christmas tree smell in the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Good game so far with Dublin and cavan

Litres per minute would be important too I’d expect.

While these smaller washers can have a seemingly high psi they lack the water flow of larger washers.

Our small karcher came with a turbo nozzle, honestly it’s only marginally better than the standard Lance.

I am planning on doing up an old sheep shed to turn it into a general purpose shed, part of that will be taking rust and old paint of the uprights etc. I figured the handiest way to make a start would be with the power washer. The nozzles I have might do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Good game so far with Dublin and cavan
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Base price wrote: »
    :)

Some Dub i am didn't even know the match was on until I saw the post from whelan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

That explosion at the water treatment plant in the U.K. yesterday.

See a 16yo was among the workers on top of the tank who were killed.

Poor lad must have been just after starting an apprenticeship or something like that.

I worked in a factory once where they was an explosion. Luckily nobody even injured. One fella was standing just behind a pillar and the flames went both sides of it.
    I arrived in at 8am and everyone was white as a ghost. Scared the hell out of them. For weeks after, people would jump at the slightest bang, like someone dropping something.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got a Christmas tree today. Kids picked it. Love the Christmas tree smell in the house

Same here today. Love a real tree, mind you I hate putting it up!

Just finished watching The Sacred Cow, while I knew the info that would be in it, I have to say it's a tonic nonetheless watching more and more films like these. The water infiltration display is always such a biggie, how land is managed = how water behaves on it. I was happy to see Joel Salatin feature, while there are a lot of top figures in regen ag I alway find when I need an injection of pure enthusiasm, Salatin is just the right speaker for giving it. The best part of the film for me had to be the few mini interviews with farmers from all across the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭alps

Hi all, didn't quite know where to post this so here is as good as anywhere else.

Just a quick post here, my last in fact, to let you know I'll be closing my account tomorrow.

I suppose I must acknowledge that you lot are the nicest bunch of strangers I've never met:D. It's been my absolute pleasure to be moderating you here with the three lads these last few years. We've had our ups and downs but you've made what could have been a difficult job a most rewarding experience for me. We've worked through our best and worst moments and helped and supported each other and it's stuff like that that I'll remember about you:) We were never afraid of feedback from you and you were never shy about giving it to us if you felt we were handling a situation incorrectly so we had to be on our toes to make the correct decisions every time.

I know I'll be leaving you in great hands here, the three lads I was helping here are absolutely top notch, the soundest lads you could hope to meet so I have no fear of walking away.

All I can say is we tried our hardest to represent you as best we could but anything that's been achieved here this last fortnight is all down to you and you alone. There are so many aspects to this dispute that I didn't agree with and still don't agree with that it would take me hours to put it down again. Suffice to say that I think you have been treated badly here and I refuse to support a site that not only refuses to recognise that but doesn't even acknowledge that, never mind apologise to you for doing so.

Many of you have been carded and banned over this while worse breaches were ignored, it's there in black and white for all to see. Any sanction you have received from me here has been orders of magnitude less that what's being ignored so all I can say is I'm deeply sorry to any of you that I've sanctioned here.

I cannot stand over any of those sanctions so feel free to contact your Cmods to get those reversed, they are unjust and you deserve to have them removed from your records.

So that's about it, folks, it's been an honour and a privilege to have posted here with you and I take nothing but fond memories of you with me.

Buford T. Justice XIX:)

Gutted, what an absolute gent? Apologies for missing completely what happened here...can't imagine the place without Buford....while the rest of us would bark back with sharp answers, this man always had the kind and gentle approach...😪😪

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Hi all, didn't quite know where to post this so here is as good as anywhere else.

Just a quick post here, my last in fact, to let you know I'll be closing my account tomorrow.

I suppose I must acknowledge that you lot are the nicest bunch of strangers I've never met:D. It's been my absolute pleasure to be moderating you here with the three lads these last few years. We've had our ups and downs but you've made what could have been a difficult job a most rewarding experience for me. We've worked through our best and worst moments and helped and supported each other and it's stuff like that that I'll remember about you:) We were never afraid of feedback from you and you were never shy about giving it to us if you felt we were handling a situation incorrectly so we had to be on our toes to make the correct decisions every time.

I know I'll be leaving you in great hands here, the three lads I was helping here are absolutely top notch, the soundest lads you could hope to meet so I have no fear of walking away.

All I can say is we tried our hardest to represent you as best we could but anything that's been achieved here this last fortnight is all down to you and you alone. There are so many aspects to this dispute that I didn't agree with and still don't agree with that it would take me hours to put it down again. Suffice to say that I think you have been treated badly here and I refuse to support a site that not only refuses to recognise that but doesn't even acknowledge that, never mind apologise to you for doing so.

Many of you have been carded and banned over this while worse breaches were ignored, it's there in black and white for all to see. Any sanction you have received from me here has been orders of magnitude less that what's being ignored so all I can say is I'm deeply sorry to any of you that I've sanctioned here.

I cannot stand over any of those sanctions so feel free to contact your Cmods to get those reversed, they are unjust and you deserve to have them removed from your records.

So that's about it, folks, it's been an honour and a privilege to have posted here with you and I take nothing but fond memories of you with me.

Buford T. Justice XIX:)

Teardrop emoji.

Enjoy your reincarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

That would be a great first post to a new thread on discussing the current global attempts by corporations and environmental lobby groups to centralise or dictate what people should eat, the calling out of misinformation etc..

Hint Say My Name. I don't think I'd get the thread title right. Im not very coherent as my boss once said to me. But it would be nice to have a thread where posters can reference and go to for information :D

NcdJd wrote: »
    That would be a great first post to a new thread on discussing the current global attempts by corporations and environmental lobby groups to centralise or dictate what people should eat, the calling out of misinformation etc..

Hint Say My Name. I don't think I'd get the thread title right. Im not very coherent as my boss once said to me. But it would be nice to have a thread where posters can reference and go to for information :D

Ah go on yourself if you want! :D

And I ain't going over to the vegan forum. ;)

There's enough conspiracy theories coming true atm without me starting a thread on the matter and depressing myself reading it.

Feck sake if I did start one it'd probably get clogged up by posters wondering who shot Fungi..

There's enough conspiracy theories coming true atm without me starting a thread on the matter and depressing myself reading it.

Feck sake if I did start one it'd probably get clogged up by posters wondering who shot Fungi..

Fair enough so bosco. Your probably right will descend into a who shot fungi thread ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Don't let the veg huggers scare you. We eat them for lunch :)

Was chatting to Buford earlier. A sad state of affairs. Anyways a nice day here in North kerry and a great day for him to be out in the fields. :)

Don't let the veg huggers scare you. We eat them for lunch :)

Was chatting to Buford earlier. A sad state of affairs. Anyways a nice day here in North kerry and a great day for him to be out in the fields. :)

I was messaging him there on another medium there this morning as well.
    We didn't go into anything but I've a feeling he might be getting Fungi brought to a taxidermist later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

As I said on another post it’s Boards that’s the problem - not the vegans per say.

He was dead right to quit here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Panch18 wrote: »
    As I said on another post it’s Boards that’s the problem - not the vegans per say.

Sorry to see you go too panch. Best luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Panch18 wrote: »

Jasus !!!! another one gone,

Boards is only a bit of crack surely...... relief from the real world

And now Panch is gone!

I don't know the in's and out of all this.
    But is it really that serious?

Jesus there's been times I've been pulling my hair out over posts on here and then you see agendas by posters come blatantly through in posts. I've seen bullying, I've seen posters banned, I've seen posters re register, I've closed accounts myself and come back in different guises, I've seen posters close accounts who I'd be in contact with in other social accounts.
    But jayney mack have we not learned to leave it behind ourselves when we close the phone?

Maybe it's just a seriousness of other social media finally entering boards and me kind of glossing over it with other posters taking note.

Ah I don't know, the sport is being sucked out from here.
    Since when did keyboard warrior become a badge of honour and not a derisory term?

The implosion continues...

And now Panch is gone!

I don't know the in's and out of all this.
    But is it really that serious?

Jesus there's been times I've been pulling my hair out over posts on here and then you see agendas by posters come blatantly through in posts. I've seen bullying, I've seen posters banned, I've seen posters re register, I've closed accounts myself and come back in different guises, I've seen posters close accounts who I'd be in contact with in other social accounts.
    But jayney mack have we not learned to leave it behind ourselves when we close the phone?

Maybe it's just a seriousness of other social media finally entering boards and me kind of glossing over it with other posters taking note.

Ah I don't know, the sport is being sucked out from here.
    Since when did keyboard warrior become a badge of honour and not a derisory term?

The implosion continues...

As you say, you've got the experience from being here before in different accounts, so you know the reasons more than most why posters would take such action.

Bring back Kovu as a mod.

She had the place buzzing with her wit and intellect and all round good eggness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Jb1989 wrote: »
    As you say, you've got the experience from being here before in different accounts, so you know the reasons more than most why posters would take such action.

Most would be only 'taking a break'
    They wouldn't come back if iit was anything else, you don't be long back until you're recognised

She had the place buzzing with her wit and intellect and all round good eggness.

Don't think she'd be bothered about being mod again

Jb1989 wrote: »

Yea it's too simple to hit the close account button.
    Then you have to set up a different email address for your new account.

Rage closing.

We'll be setting up a whatsapp group for former members here soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Oh lord we aren't at the point yet

Advertisement