Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Was supposed to do a 15km jog today- decided to take the path least travelled, ended up doing 20km non stop- took just under the two hours.

Delighted with the distance but might have to leave scraping slats until this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was supposed to do a 15km jog today- decided to take the path least travelled, ended up doing 20km non stop- took just under the two hours.

Delighted with the distance but might have to leave scraping slats until this evening.

What are the roads like down there? Eldest was to do a 10km time trial and it was too icy to do it

whelan2 wrote: »
    What are the roads like down there? Eldest was to do a 10km time trial and it was too icy to do it

No bother at all’s we are about 12/13 miles as the crow flies from the ocean so not a bit of frost today. It’s a glorious day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Can see nothing around here today with the fog

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Different day here altogether.

535336.jpg

Wind turbines off Arklow.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement

greysides wrote: »

535336.jpg

I don’t need to go to Arklow for turbines. Within 5km radius of close to 50 on 4 farms.

I don’t need to go to Arklow for turbines. Within 5km radius of close to 50 on 4 farms.

Can figure why it keeps posting upside down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Grueller

535336.jpg

Clogga or Saleen by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Got a lovely text from my bank today saying I had apparently booked a hotel in Spain. Wanted me to either say yes or no to the transaction. People can f off using my bank card to book sun holidays while I'm freezing my ass off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Very foggy on the game on tv now between mayo and tipperary

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Grueller wrote: »
    Clogga or Saleen by any chance?

The ones off Arklow on the sand bank. Clogga, I suppose, they're the only local ones.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

The ones off Arklow on the sand bank. Clogga, I suppose, they're the only local ones.

Sorry greysides. Were you on Clogga or Saleen beach taking the snap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Clear skies here this morning. I could see out to loop head, money point and aughnish.

Could also see buford out with his cattle (he was only a speck) ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

whelan2 wrote: »
    Very foggy on the game on tv now between mayo and tipperary

Very poor visibility here all day in Sligo. It's freezing here atm and you'd hardly see 20 foot in front of you.

Grueller wrote: »
    Sorry greysides. Were you on Clogga or Saleen beach taking the snap?

I was at the sand dunes at Buckrooney, a few miles north of Arklow on the coast road, after Ennereilly.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

wrangler wrote: »
    Jasus !!!! another one gone,

Boards is only a bit of crack surely...... relief from the real world

Don't disagree with that.

Sad to see Panch go too. He had a knack of putting things in words which took some beating.

Panch took some serious abuse for standing up for what was right. And yet we still have the top table putting out that's it's bad faith or just some differences of pov etc etc . I can understand there are those who don't have time be putting up with that type of ****e tbh.

Looking south, Arklow rock, then Tara hill in the background. Got cold quick once the sun set.

535362.jpg

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Reggie. wrote: »
    Oh lord we aren't at the point yet

Neither is Kovu.......:pac:

And now Panch is gone!

I don't know the in's and out of all this.
    But is it really that serious?

People get fed up. From the off, the vegan row reminded me of the drawing about "can't go to bed, there's someone wrong on the internet". It's a pure timesink getting involved with fundamentalists.

Someone used a line once about not being able to be insulted by people they don't respect, I figure it's a solid strategy.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Got a lovely text from my bank today saying I had apparently booked a hotel in Spain. Wanted me to either say yes or no to the transaction. People can f off using my bank card to book sun holidays while I'm freezing my ass off here.

I got a text saying my card had been locked, or however they put, as a transaction had been made to a different country. It's a good safety measure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

NcdJd wrote: »

Can you ring them back quick. I was only using it to book a weekend away with the girlfriend. I will definitely pay you back i promise. I have told her we are goin and can't back out now. She will be very disappointed and she gets cross very cross when things dont go her way. Can't use my own or the wife will find out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Jb1989

jimini0 wrote: »
    Can you ring them back quick. I was only using it to book a weekend away with the girlfriend. I will definitely pay you back i promise. I have told her we are goin and can't back out now. She will be very disappointed and she gets cross very cross when things dont go her way. Can't use my own or the wife will find out

You'd be better divorcing now than putting up with that craic. Loose half the farm now and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

People get fed up. From the off, the vegan row reminded me of the drawing about "can't go to bed, there's someone wrong on the internet". It's a pure timesink getting involved with fundamentalists.

Someone used a line once about not being able to be insulted by people they don't respect, I figure it's a solid strategy.

I'm probably selfish I'll admit it.

But I like to be in places where I can learn from (especially what interests me) and have a laugh at.

That place doesn't tick any of those boxes for me. I know what works for me and where I want to go.
    I'm not interested in educating anyone that I won't get anything back from especially when it goes in one ear and out the other and you're back to square one the very next day.

I was at the sand dunes at Buckrooney, a few miles north of Arklow on the coast road, after Ennereilly.

I actually know those dunes. Nice spot. In your other photo back towards Arklow rock and Tara Hill would have a lot of nice beaches too in Kilpatrick, Kilmichael, Clogga and Saleen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Looking south, Arklow rock, then Tara hill in the background. Got cold quick once the sun set.
    That pic looks like it's a beach in the Caribbean or some other warm exotic place :)
    You'd never think it was taken in Wexford on a cold December day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Those same fundamentalists are spouting untruths about Irish farmers - I'm nether a rapist, murderer or a cruel farmer. My, yours and every other livestock farmer is governed by Irish and EU animal and welfare legislation.
    IMO it was vile and despicable that the V&V charter was allowed to be changed thereby insinuating that we (Irish farmers) were operating outside the law. TBH I was surprised that it was allowed to happened as I thought Boards.ie were on the ball when it came to potential legal claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Base price wrote: »
    Those same fundamentalists are spouting untruths about Irish farmers - I'm nether a rapist, murderer or a cruel farmer. My, yours and every other livestock farmer is governed by Irish and EU animal and welfare legislation.
    IMO it was vile and despicable that the V&V charter was allowed to be changed thereby insinuating that we (Irish farmers) were operating outside the law. TBH I was surprised that it was allowed to happened as I thought Boards.ie were on the ball when it came to potential legal claims.

Speaking from experience I've come to the conclusion that some farmers are no better themselves....... spouting groundless accusations without evidence, No amount of refuting will get through to them saddos either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Base price wrote: »

And then they deleted the entire thread father than leave it to show the "movement" in a bad light.
    Still throwing out the line about "innocent " animals any chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    And then they deleted the entire thread father than leave it to show the "movement" in a bad light.
    Still throwing out the line about "innocent " animals any chance they get.

I despise that in any walk of life, sticking in baseless adjectives to make your cause seem more righteous or to pull at some heartstrings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

People get fed up. From the off, the vegan row reminded me of the drawing about "can't go to bed, there's someone wrong on the internet". It's a pure timesink getting involved with fundamentalist.

Yeah tbf I wouldn't be far behind you with that - that said - though there's a difference between the occasional oddball fundamentalists and being officially sanctioned.

People need to stand to that imo ...

Advertisement