Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I bought a run-around jeep last year and its going like a train. Was meant to be for a few weeks but.... ita going well. Trying to get back to a van but they are mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Well I know a lad with plenty of off farm income and he bought a crew cab and said it was one of the worst mistakes he made because of the cost of running band repair,

I had hoped to be allowed to transfer to work 5 mins from home and I was going to go vintage but HR wouldn’t allow the love so no I’ve a 30 minute drive so when I’ve 2/3 years of accounts done in my own right, I’ll look then,

I just need something safe to keep plugging away,

i had no radio for about 4 years doing some long drives and I didn’t mind tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

And now we go to Noel Furlong with Foreign Affairs..

"Well Mick you drilled the hole. But someone else put the bolt in".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

The Smyth lad in Westmeath brings in a lot of crew cabs from the UK and some of them do be reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Vans are gone mad money indeed.

after adding 60k kms and 3 years I’d nearly get the same for my partner as what I paid for it.

• Advertisement

Dacia Dusters seem to be very popular on the roads now.

1.5 diesel engine. Same as the Qashqai. So economical enough. And 4wd option. With a big boot.

And hasn't the same price tag as the premium brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Jayus,that's expensive banking charges.

Can't figure the draw of it, at that time of year.

You'd wonder have they matched up the 4wd ratio on those tracks with what was there before in the wheel.

Assuming they did. It'd suit you down to the ground.😃

I wouldn't have a clue about mechanical stuff, I can drive and break things pretty good though. It looks a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

Not sure if the link works but if you're serious about tracks there's a kubota morooka on DoneDeal there from 40 days ago advertised for just over 9k. 70hp.

You'd have more of a tractor for less money. And not an awful big yoke either.

Ah no, land would be cut to ribbons with tracks here as the place is wet when I'd need a vehicle. It'd go where I wanted it to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Niallers87

We were looking at a ford ranger for a bit of towing and that, have heard mixed reviews on them, just wondering has anybody any experience of them?)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I had a yolk with no radio for a couple of years as well and I used to listen to YouTube on my phone instead. A good phone holder suction cupped to the windscreen and a proper charging cable and plug into the 12 volt socket means you can keep the battery topped up during the journey.

My brother got me a receiver that plugged into the radio to allow me to connect to the radio via Bluetooth and that has revolutionised the whole set up as you can get a bit more volume for podcasts ect. I subscribed to YouTube premium and I think it's the best €11.99 I spend each month. Limitless content and no ad breaks, I use it every day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I’ve a 1.4d Duster.

* Not much pulling power but then I don’t be pulling much

* Very light on fuel

* Was a few grand cheaper than a similar Qashqai as far as I remember

* No fancy bells and whistles which I prefer and very few trips to the local garage

I’d like to get a 2.0d next time but hopefully the 2015 one I have lasts a few more years yet

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Have the same as yourself.

Use it to bring calves to the mart which it does no bother.

I came from a petrol passat before this and the Duster is way more livelier and pulling power.

You'd think hard of going back "down" in a car with the higher seating position.

Have the 4wd version just because I could see the benefit in 4wd from the Suzuki carry in crossing rough ground. I've used the 4wd just occasionally on icy roads. But it's there.

Early models were truly awful to drive. New models are a decent vehicle and I’d consider one next time round

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I had a Spotify account but never really used it so can't comment. It could be equally as good but I'm happy with YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Thought of you @Base price when I saw these

• Advertisement

That's what I have, an am transmitter. The radio works, it just raises my blood pressure too much to tune into a station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What's 2 inch steel pipe going for roughly.

2 inch galvanised blue band pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cows r us

€40 per length

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

I see an article on The Kilkenny Peoples facebook page informing us of the closure of a restaurant on Kieran Street, for those not familiar with Kilkenny Kieran Street is below High Street, pedestrianised and has a high thoroughfare.

The restaurant in question was a vegan/vegetarian outfit, which is hard to believe the way the world is going as even the dog on the street nowadays knows plant based is the way forward.

The comments on the post were to the tune of "never heard of it" "where was this beside i cant place it" and one caught my eye that said "25€ for cabbage mash and vegetable gravy (soup) is it any wonder it didn’t work".

Strangely enough theres a restaurant just off Kieran Street called The Butcher, which is going from strength to strength. Ive not been yet but i believe its there 5/6 years whereas i think the other place wasnt even there a year. As far as i know its the only restaurant in Kilkenny that has a booking fee (€20/head, refundable on show up). Even stranger again in regards pricing its €28 for a steak (which cut im not sure but i think thats the lower end of the price range) thats before you add anything else to the plate even sauce is charged as an extra. How this place is thriving i dont know but if anyone from here is ever in Kilkenny it might be worth a visit maybe yell be able to make heads or tails of it!

On a side note ive just had a Wagyu Striploin i picked up in a Supervalu last week in Waterford. Hell of a lot better experience than ive had with Wagyu in Australia both in the field and on the plate. Reasonably priced too for what you get at about €8 for a nice sized one, a lot better value than paying €25 for mash and veg plus i dont feel like **** after eating it.

Was mash and veg not something served to young kids mashed up in a bowl whenever they were dining alongside the parents or has that changed since i was a chap?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The whole vegan thing is still in it's infancy, despite what the talk is or what you read/hear. I can't see it going away nor should it as it has a place in the food system. It's a choice and people can choose to eat vegan or not. The problem is that a lot of places opening were hoping this was the next big thing and hoped to ride the wave to success. Except it's not a wave but a small ripple. Hopefully whoever is behind that place haven't lost their ethical shirt off their back and can dust down and try something else.

It’s been around a long time, I’ve a relation been a vegan maybe 40 years.

there’s massive churn, something like 87% drop it within a year, then of the remainder something like 50% cheat regularly.

so it just comes down to virtue signaling really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We spent the afternoon/evening vaccinating 120 odd reared dairyXbeef calves along with the few SH/SHX suckler calves that I keep with Bovipast & Bovillis IBR.

When we finished OH caught me by surprise with this -

Post edited by Base price on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

That's some bobby dazzler - well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Packrat

Congrats!

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

Advertisement