Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

Not a bad morning, must have brought the good Connemara weather with us 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Hope ye left some good weather in Connemara, heading over your way for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Two kids will do that to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭DBK1

Sitting in Dublin airport enjoying a pint now and heading over for the match!

The airport must be the only place where you can drink pints at any hour of the morning while eating breakfast and no-one bats an eyelid😂🍻

Hon Ireland 🇮🇪 🇮🇪🍻🍻

• Advertisement

Don't know how they can farm bad land like this at all 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I was up in Dublin yesterday for the Luke Combs concert. The price for food and drinks in Dublin versus Paris is crazy, I'd spend more in Dublin in a night than Paris. Four of us went up, drove up, parked at the red cow, luas in and out. It was a great concert and a nice atmosphere. It was a younger crowd than I was expecting. I was talking to a fella from clonee and he said his our version of garth brooks. Back up in bed by 1am. Hotels were looking for €300 for the night 🤯

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

The Irish in Cricklewood: https://youtu.be/2IE7OYQwsHs?si=5XQTa5wei32wwL94

These Irish emigrants are probably an embarrassment to the Establishment types here, who’d prefer to forget that there’s another Ireland outside their little comfortable circles.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

My uncle had a shop on Cricklewood Lane. Sold everything irish. Newspapers from all over the country to denny sausages. We used to go over in the summer for a few weeks when we were kids. Helped out in the shop met some great characters. This was 20-25 years ago so there was still alot of irish there. Slowly over the last 20 years they either died or moved home or away from London. He closed the shop there a few years ago and moved out of London too. Cricklewood is now full of polish, Albanians, Romanians and others. My uncle should write a book on all his experiences with the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Theirs a good case study for leo/micheal/ and Eamon this morning over in New Zealand with the labour/green coalition turfed out

The above policy they where trying to drive through was their main downfall in rural areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Didn't see this discussed here or if it's even known here.

Glyphosate may lose it's derogation in this country.

For all the talk of the nitrates derogation in this country by all farmers and sundry. It looks like the Glyphosate derogation was being tried to be kept under the radar and it was hoped that it was gone through for a few more years. So this announcement and vote looks to have sideswiped some. But the vote wouldn't have happened without politicians and the politicians make the rules. Now the politicians want to make sure it's derogation is not renewed in this country.

First version of it being tested.

I’m assuming I’ll be making modifications so didn’t put it too far away from the gap 😀

You're assuming too it'll stay at the gap and not dragged across the field by one who wants to wear it as a hat. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Could you put a few blocks or even a few inches of concrete in the bottom of it for a bit of weight. Them might not be able to lift it with their heads then

Good idea. I’ve 6-inch blocks in the yard that are only in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

Dreadful standard for a quarter final match , whoever wins tonight has a bye to the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Downpours and hail showers here since yesterday evening. First batch of cattle in shed this morning. More will be following next weekend. Can still keep drystock and some lumps out for a while yet.

I’ve only 30 calves so they wouldn’t get thru a round bale of straw or hay before the rain.

I have a round feeder and looked into getting a cover for it but I’m trying this first. The IBC tank hasn’t been used for water in a few years so thought I’d try converting it into something useful.

We’ll see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You know those u shaped bars they hammer down on goalposts to keep them in place? You could use them

Garryvoe in Ballycotton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Cattle/calves don't mind wet hay or straw in a feeder for up to 10 days, in my experience. Use a circular feeder with a pallet under the hay. You can always take away any hay that's left if stock leave the field - with a grab.

She (Grace) always struck me as not very bright. I bet she hasn't a clue as to the chemistry involved and none of the ramifications of her decision.

Poor Ireland.

(Not poor as in poor but poor as I'm feeling sorry for the rugby team.)

By his article in this week's Journal G Potterton will be very unhappy with this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah, gutted for them. They didn't fire on all cylinders tonight, but nearly got the try that Beauden Barrett held up.

She knows alright.

Well maybe partly. She's anti nuclear too.

In their minds everyone should be organic.

There's no denying though there's more babies born with different ailments than there ever were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Grueller

I wonder if the numbers were crunched on that smn, would it be correct? Or is the difference that we dont bury them in septic tanks in Galway anymore?

In the 1950s a relation was born with Downs Syndrome, the parish priest arrived when the child was three weeks old and announced they would take her. The childs mother refused to give the child to him and was the talk of the parish I believe.

Another factor I believe is the older age that we are all having families at. I honestly think that there is an optimum point in your physiology for having a family. There is a definite correlation between older age at giving birth and higher incidence of Downs Syndrome.

Or I could be completely wrong.

• Advertisement

There's more chemicals than ever in the vicinity of humans. Coupled too probably with radiation from all sources. And then your age of what medics refer to geriatric parents. All factors.

I've known chemical users where they had children born with deformities. The chems were part of their profession.

You'd know where the Green party are coming from on this. Organic farmers migrate that way and party members migrate to looking for Organic food.

It's the food quantity and if they've gone too far in rhetoric is the issue. Some think Organic can get the quantity. But there's a lot of tillage farmers in this country say they can't do without Glyphosate.

If it comes to a decision from our Ag minister. He won't ban it. But I'm not sure what way or how it'll be decided here.

Advertisement