Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

The Mayo footballers of the rugby world... unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Gillespy

If that cross kick just bounced a foot lower for Kelliher or Barrett wasn’t a prick and didn’t hold up Kelliher, I think it was, over the line. Best quarter final exit so far. The draw really screwed Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭older by the day

Do anyone in Ireland agree with me, that they should have played for second place in the pool all along. Let SA take first. I would take France any day over NZ.

Anytime I say it, fellows think it's mad

Don’t think so, France beat NZ convincingly in the opening game. At home I don’t think anyone is beating them. Dupont is back so that opening is closed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle...

‘tis very unfortunate to come up short for the 8th time in a 1/4 final at a World Cup especially when there has been just 10 rugby World Cup tournament...

not sure bout best quarter final exit either.. I’m old enuf to remember Gordon Hamilton’s try in the corner in lansdowne road against the wallabies in 1991... it put Ireland ahead with only a couple mins to go... wallabies player Michael lynagh got a try more or less from the kick off to put them back in front and win the game....

Post edited by awaywithyou on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

They could only go to the well so often. Every player looked tired tonight after playing every game. The breakdown was lost far to often to win the game. France would also have came out on top tonight if we played them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Ireland were out on their feet at the end. Too many players played too many minutes in the group games.

Harder to swallow thou when they were probably the best Irish squad ever at a World Cup

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Tomorrow night will answer my question. It will be interesting to see. I thought NZ defence played very well. But Ireland did make the simple little errors. Anyway it will some other team tomorrow that loses

Born in 85 so don’t remember that. For all their mistakes tonight, they took it into the red and pushed the mythical All Blacks all the way, they went out on their shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I did think we had used the same players for too long.

Beating the minnow's could have been done with the other squad players.

A lot will have changed by 2027

• Advertisement

Tricky the way the games fell. Built well towards South Africa and then couldn’t take Scotland lightly. No disgrace losing to the All Blacks in a close game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Had a tear in my eye at the final whistle, so close but yet so far

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Grueller

My emotions on it would be that we are every bit as bad as the english or worse with the hype machine. We give out about them every world cup, but I was spreading the last few load of slurry yesterday and no matter what station I turned on it was wall to wall hype over what was only a quarter final.

I am actually sick over the loss, and I have no skin in the rugby game, but mainly because of the way we over hyped ourselves. Autumn tests are what we call practice matches in GAA. Beating a real top tier nation in them is night and day compared to in a tournament that really matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

The worst bit about that game was Australia try to win was from a move they'd previously done in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Only a kick of the ball between them but we played them with an extra man for 20mins and couldn’t take advantage of it. It’ll haunt us for a lot longer than the previous q/f losses. That’s some bunch of players we have.

I'm quoting myself I said that we should have played for second in the group. I was wrong. We could not beat NZ or France or SA this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Few cattle broke out.

My good forcefield fencer must have been struck by lightening a few weeks back so went for the old one it replaced and it was going grand.

something has gone wrong with the power to sheds and 3 weanlings got out when I was away for day for OHs bday.

my sisters BF is very excitable and was driving them mad. So I said just open wire into another paddock and they would walk in themselves.

so came home and was putting lads to bed and same story. I just had to telll him to leave them and I’d move in am- when he went in home; I got to move the cattle up to the back of shed. Might just house to feck. Land saturated.

personally too stretched parenting and working and definitely financially., very fed up this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,416 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We played sub part, esp in the first 20 mins. We gave them a 13 to nil start adv. To say we came back from that and almost twice stole the match is amazing. The freak ball bounce from the crossfield kick was the losing of it. They're four top rugby teams in the world and we are one of those. It could have been an Ireland v South Africa final. Gutted for the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Pleasantly surprised to discover the gallagher fencer that was hit by lightning had a 3 year lightning warranty. Lucky I had the receipt. Forcefield may have a warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Gutted for the players, all right.

NZ had done their homework.

The "skip pass, loop, repeat" that worked up yo now was very effectively shut down every time, no gaps opened up.

The advances we made were where we totally improvised, the stuff NZ hadn't expected.

Add in poor /slow work at the breakdown, and the fact that the lads were taking ball standing still by the last ten minutes, plus a few unlucky bounces of the ball, and the writing was on the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

They will fix it for a fee anyway. They are based in shannon so I’ll pop it down.

the fee will be less than a replacement and it’s a great machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Great match last night between France and South Africa, Both teams so fit, Ireland looked very tired on Saturday, our subs weren't great and the starters were out on their feet after playing so much over the last few weeks.

They gave us great rugby though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Hi All,

I posted on here a few times over the past number of weeks about a fundraiser i was organising for my GAA Club. Unfortunately it wasnt someone here that won but we can look forward to another year of football on the back of your support.

Massive thanks to all from everyone in Carbury GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

f@ck it . rain coming Tuesday afternoon now and not Wednesday like forecast and my nephew booked Wednesday off work to help wrap silage for me

Guess be a few late nights ahead

Next year my niece will be able to wrap just not drive on the road, that will be a big help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Grueller

Thats it in a nutshell cv. Government big reveals on these schemes are fanfare for the press but do very little for the farmers bottom line most often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Or live off your "off farm" wage and invest the farm profits on tax efficient improvements that make life simple for you.

Fencing, gates, handling facilities, lighting, maintenance.

Not hard to run farm at a "loss" but have a great set up that's safe and easy managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,416 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If you have enough income from the job to live on, then use all funding opportunities, Schemes and Tams to improve the farm and the business on it. The farm will also help cover a lot of expenses, part of car, telephones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

@Siamsa Sessions how's the hay feeder working out?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

So far so good. They dragged it maybe 20m from where I left it, but didn't knock it over or break it yet. No head stuck in it either so far.

I'm giving it to a group of 6 smaller calves for the coming days so hopefully they'll be OK with it too.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Is the burning deadline October 31st or November 30th?

Advertisement