Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

greysides wrote: »
    I'm no doctor, but long term, that might be better than a dislocation. Less arthritis.

Oh that's great. I dislocated my ankle in 2005. Something to look forward to I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

dzer2 wrote: »
    This has being my question from the start.

Isolate anyone with it for 2 weeks mandatory enforced. After 6 weeks see where you are. The more times you lock down the less people will adhere to them.

People losing patience

whelan2 wrote: »
    I did the main Christmas order in early November. Not a sign of it a month later. Most of the stuff was reduced. They refunded me a week or so ago.

Got a reply just now blaming the French Govt & DPD. They have no idea what side of the border the parcel is. It's like trying to smuggle someone out of East Germany 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Any one know would pre calving minerals being fed to bull do them any harm ?

Have the bull in a pen with a few incalf sucklers - I want to sprinkle a bit of lifelong precalving minerals on the silage - would it do any harm to the bull ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

josephsoap wrote: »
    Any one know would pre calving minerals being fed to bull do them any harm ?

Have the bull in a pen with a few incalf sucklers - I want to sprinkle a bit of lifelong precalving minerals on the silage - would it do any harm to the bull ?

NOT A GOOD IDEA! Too much minerals in the urine blocks the urethra. Bulls have a longer and narrower urethra and no requirement for that much minerals.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

greysides wrote: »
    NOT A GOOD IDEA! Too much minerals in the urine blocks the urethra. Bulls have a longer and narrower urethra and no requirement for that much minerals.

Thanks grey sides that’s what I was kind of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Brother just texted 2 positive cases in his son's junior infants class. They are to isolate for 14 days. His wife is a primary school teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Brother just texted 2 positive cases in his son's junior infants class. They are to isolate for 14 days. His wife is a primary school teacher

Yea, local school has closed here too
    Six cases including one teacher

There was a school lately, I can't remember which county, had something like 15 cases. The principal text parents due to situation we're closing school. Dept told him to keep school open.

Go figure.

Christmas holidays can't come quick enough . In this case the child was sent in with a fever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Christmas holidays can't come quick enough . In this case the child was sent in with a fever.

The sacrifices are others count for nothing with situations like that. It's the lack of basic commonsense like that (plus the shortened movement period), that mean I probably won't get to see my parents over Christmas.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I've said it many many times, and no doubt will again in the future. A lot of people are absolute ****ing morons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I'm not far for a town where the population doubles this time of year....there seems little or no restrictions apply to those returning from abroad and are blatantly going around most with no masks putting multiple people at risk...but I guess I'm not allowed say that out load.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

Dozer1 wrote: »
    I'm not far for a town where the population doubles this time of year....there seems little or no restrictions apply to those returning from abroad and are blatantly going around most with no masks putting multiple people at risk...but I guess I'm not allowed say that out load.

I think i know where you're talking about, Just happened on another thread where I see them referred to as kealers! Never heard that expression before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

There was a school lately, I can't remember which county, had something like 15 cases. The principal text parents due to situation we're closing school. Dept told him to keep school open.

Go figure.
    Above in Mayo and then there was one in Kerry that had similar numbers but mass testing and the 280 student school closed immediately.... but nothing to do with Norma Foley being not a million miles from the second school.

Dozer1 wrote: »

Hape of wealthy dubs rocked up here for Christmas, I'll put money on it they'll stay for new years regulations or not.
    Above in Mayo and then there was one in Kerry that had similar numbers but mass testing and the 280 student school closed immediately.... but nothing to do with Norma Foley being not a million miles from the second school.

Correct, it was Claremorris iirc.

What's the alternative?

Surely everyone can be more careful, how is it that most people that I know have avoided getting it, people with families at school, grandparents looking after children, all the local schools have stayed open ........UNTIL NOW
    It's not rocket science

Was that second family death in Ramsgrange due to Covid, tragic if it was

That Ramsgrange thing is an absolute cluster****. Heard today (like wrangler) that the son of the lady who's funeral that everyone attended died today, or yesterday, from covid. And the priest is on a ventilator. Whole bunch of idiots who attended that funeral. Plus must be near 100 confirmed positive.

That Ramsgrange thing is an absolute cluster****. Heard today (like wrangler) that the son of the lady who's funeral that everyone attended died today, or yesterday, from covid. And the priest is on a ventilator. Whole bunch of idiots who attended that funeral. Plus must be near 100 confirmed positive.

Big crowd today at that local MND funeral, hope it doesn't go the same way, town was still packed three hrs later

wrangler wrote: »
    Big crowd today at that local MND funeral, hope it doesn't go the same way, town was still packed three hrs later

Wife told me that. She was over that way at her mothers earlier. Ya have to wonder at people when the local school has confirmed cases.

It is hard though for funerals in particular. It's a very Irish thing to feel the overwhelming need to pay your last respects and show the grieving family that ya were there and thinking about them. It's a fantastic trait and one we should cherish. We just need to be a little smarter about it for a while longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Seems 2 sons got it, one dead, other in ICU. Talk of a 150 people in a marquee tent in a pub, 2 day wake.

It would be very hard to feel sorry for the people who organised it, if they were carried.

Enough others will end up on the slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

wrangler wrote: »
    Surely everyone can be more careful, how is it that most people that I know have avoided getting it, people with families at school, grandparents looking after children, all the local schools have stayed open ........UNTIL NOW
    It's not rocket science

Was that second family death in Ramsgrange due to Covid, tragic if it was

just got an email from the rector , Christmas Day service cancelled , on line only,

they already had allocated the seats for safe social distancing but i think they were afraid that the once yearly parishioners that are not on register might turn up

Base price wrote: »
    Just home and he has a broken collar bone.

How is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Passed through local village earlier today. People, moreso elderly coming out from daily mass. Was going to stop at the shop but kept going instead.
    Close all these non essential things down until the vaccine has been given to the more vulnerable at least. Go home and say a few prayers.
    Change behaviour, haven't been to a funeral since last January.

Collar bone break is uncomfortable as you really can't rest or sleep well. Best wishes to him.

Water John wrote: »
    Passed through local village earlier today. People, moreso elderly coming out from daily mass. Was going to stop at the shop but kept going instead.
    Close all these non essential things down until the vaccine has been given to the more vulnerable at least. Go home and say a few prayers.
    Change behaviour, haven't been to a funeral since last January.

Our priest tested positive last week. He is doing online ceremonies and has someone to cover a mass in the church on Christmas day. Feel sorry for him as there was no church ceremonies at Easter and now he's missing Christmas too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It is hard though for funerals in particular. It's a very Irish thing to feel the overwhelming need to pay your last respects and show the grieving family that ya were there and thinking about them. It's a fantastic trait and one we should cherish. We just need to be a little smarter about it for a while longer.

We are in the middle of a sudden death in the family at the moment and it’s a massive additional stress to be honest. 95% of people are great but there’s those that want to be arms around you and shaking everyone’s hand no matter if they know who it is or not. Of course they mean well, but it’s a worry.

_Brian wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a sudden death in the family at the moment and it’s a massive additional stress to be honest. 95% of people are great but there’s those that want to be arms around you and shaking everyone’s hand no matter if they know who it is or not. Of course they mean well, but it’s a worry.

Sorry for your loss Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

How is he now?
    The tablets are helping a lot and he sleeps/doses for a hour or so after taking them. He ate the dinner and tea so that's a good sign and spent the day in an armchair by the fire in the good room which is a novelty for him.

_Brian wrote: »

They're risking lives, The bereaved in Ramsgrange probably thought they meant well too.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Sorry for.your loss Brian

Stay as safe as you can

Advertisement