Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options
1733734735736737739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Checking the blood pressure here - some game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Should have been a free at the very end for a replay.

However, I'll take a Clare win as Donal Óg must be the most unlikeable pundit going.

Hope patsy is enjoying himself down the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Brilliant win. Delighted for Clare & Tony Kelly especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

No team deserved to lose. An advertisement for the game. My heart goes out to the Cork players. What a superhuman effort and then to fall by 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Tk some man when to step it up when it was needed. We'll never have the likes of him again in Clare. I'm off to ennis to join in the celebrations if anyone wants to do the herding for me for a few days, up the banner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Cork will be sore after that, two clear frees at the end not given, a pity such an exciting game had to end like that.

It's a long time since we had a final that was even close and then this, neither side could get away from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭50HX

Delighted for Tony Kelly & Conlon, some servants.

CClare grew into the game after a ropey 10min start

The ET took from it as a spectacle a bit I thought, they were out on their feet a replay would have been fair also

Great to see a sport that has not succumbed to the money merchants & it's our game to make it even better. Nearly everything else has been tainted.

Patsy ringing in sick for the week on both jobs?😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Biden stepping down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭RockOrBog

Could Liz Cheney run for the democrats, that's who I'd pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Cork went for a goal and it was saved, Clare went up and got a point. Terrible decision to go for the goal. Easy for me to speak I know.
    what a game though. Pity it wasn’t a replay, my heart goes out to cork. Ref could have easily pulled for a free at the end and I don’t think much would have been said to him regardless of the jersey pull. Again easy for me to say and it’s a tough job. He was great for the game today bo doubt as all the pundits are saying. We are so lucky to have hurling as our game and to be seeing the great teams we see. Thank god for slow motions and being able to rewind on the tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

REf got a fair wallop on the head too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Cork were unlucky not to get those two frees but they were lucky that shot on goal hit the half-back’s boot. These things usually balance over the course of a game.

It’s different when you’re a neutral watching but for all the technical brilliance and great scores today, the crowd seemed subdued at times.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Advertisement