Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Same statement from me again as above.

How do you know it was a machete?

You couldn't possibly see from that clip. You just see him swinging something.

All ye get your information from social media and decide your point of view in those first ten seconds.
    It's not a reflection on anyone just the world today.

It's been widely reported in the media it was a machete, you said it yourself he was swinging something, I highly doubt it was a handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's been widely reported in the media it was a machete, you said it yourself he was swinging something, I highly doubt it was a handbag.

A bunch of flowers..

I'd say it's nearly certain there'll be another enquiry like that one with the armed gardai in the nw. Maybe not with today's footage nowadays.

Some very emotive language being used by all sides on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Irish race hustlers get a belated Christmas present. Their own scumbag criminal to worship like a saint.

They will never ask themselves how they'd like their son or daughter to be in these situations. In the shop or the gardai having to deal with him. Shoot the knife and mental health excuses. And more importantly of all play the race card. Any politician pandering to this crowd should never get another vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

whelan2 wrote: »
    The lad was mentally ill. There is no proper treatment here anymore. Here take a few pills and wait for them to work, instead of hospitalization. Forget what might happen in the meantime while waiting for them to kick in.

I wonder was he though, it's often used as a get out of jail clause in these circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Just out of town now. I was going to que up for Supervalu and I noticed 2 people in the line who have tested positive for covid a week ago. I decided the few messages weren't worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

How did that info get in the public domain?

Was there a press release or something or Chinese whispers?

I would maybe thank your post if it were a verified statement or maybe I wouldn't. I'm contrary that way. :D
    I'd probably wait till official proceedings were finalized before offering judgement.

I'm reminded of Maggie Thatcher praising the soldiers for opening fire on "armed" protesters the night of bloody Sunday.

Nowadays we don't have Maggie but back and forth social media with everyone "knowing" the truth straight after an incident.

(I'm not having a go at ye Nek. But ye know where I'm coming from and getting at. Only those present know the full story and even then there's a gap between hand and mouth.)

I was going by a report on Independent. ie that stated that he was pepper sprayed twice and Tasered twice , but did not lay down his knife.
    By the time the official report comes out, we'll have forgotten what happened,....
    Never been compared to Maggie Thatcher before.. must be my, er, feminine side coming out... :D

You have that sense of authority to you. :) :pac:

The difference in news though.

I commented on a fatality in the weather thread.
    That news still hasn't made national news.
    I guess next of kin still haven't all been informed yet.

I'm a little young for it all but I'm guessing that that's the way news used to be years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

The lad was mentally ill. There is no proper treatment here anymore. Here take a few pills and wait for them to work, instead of hospitalization. Forget what might happen in the meantime while waiting for them to kick in.

Mentally ill - it must be the new get out of jail card for scumbags.
    He battered someone out on the street that morning, tried to rob a petrol station and then went into the spar and battered the manager , while armed with a machete. And then swung at the cops. A huge loss to society!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

That’s the usual excuse for large knife attacks here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

enricoh wrote: »
    Mentally ill - it must be the new get out of jail card for scumbags.
    He battered someone out on the street that morning, tried to rob a petrol station and then went into the spar and battered the manager , while armed with a machete. And then swung at the cops. A huge loss to society!

The new excuse is usually having a low IQ, didn’t finish school and easily led. Read any court report regarding our biggest scumbags and this is their defence. The judiciary are the biggest problem in this country allowing this scutter as a credible excuse. Mental health my hole, it’s a cop out used by gob****es who never had to accept reality in their lives because mammy and daddy mollycoddled the poor auld pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Just cancelled sky after 13 years- they increased from €26 to €39 with our telling and when I dug further, they were increasing to €41.50

2 hours on phone, agreed to €42 for the new sky q thing and they would take on Netflix bill.

Put on the kids channels and they were blocked- so I rang back, another 40 minutes and told them to keep it to heck.

It was only a back up if internet went tough but they can watch dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Be careful Knight, many of these are very difficult to get to cancel Direct Debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Water John wrote: »
    Be careful Knight, many of these are very difficult to get to cancel Direct Debit.

Sky absolutely broke my heart. Would love to see there whole little merry go round collapse over dodgy boxes and the premiership paying people 300k a week

2018na wrote: »
    Sky absolutely broke my heart. Would love to see there whole little merry go round collapse over dodgy boxes and the premiership paying people 300k a week

Signed up for sky in the house I'm renting with a few friends. 50 a month including wifi. Never had sky here at home. I'd like to get my hands on a dodgy box but you need good wifi

Eir just as bad, family member couldn't get them to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Signed up for sky in the house I'm renting with a few friends. 50 a month including wifi. Never had sky here at home. I'd like to get my hands on a dodgy box but you need good wifi

Sky soured me that much I don’t even want a dodgy boxðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Eir just as bad, family member couldn't get them to cancel.

Eir are the worst of the lot. Shower of w#$%÷=s

At least their consistent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ahhh now, didn’t they explain that the poor customer service is because the Peolle of Sligo are an ignorant unskilled bunch incapable of working at customer service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

No internet or phone here with 3 weeks. Eir CEO was in front of some committee, the stink of not giving a **** off her, while not surprising, is still a bit incredible for a services company. Surely a law can be brought in to bring customer service to some mandatory level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Mooooo wrote: »
    No internet or phone here with 3 weeks. Eir CEO was in front of some committee, the stink of not giving a **** off her, while not surprising, is still a bit incredible for a services company. Surely a law can be brought in to bring customer service to some mandatory level.

she was on primetime or cbl, she's some tulip to put it midly,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Jb1989

The difference in news though.

I commented on a fatality in the weather thread.
    That news still hasn't made national news.
    I guess next of kin still haven't all been informed yet.

I'm a little young for it all but I'm guessing that that's the way news used to be years ago.

Heard that on the news at 6, very sad.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Heard that on the news at 6, very sad.

It was released after 5pm.
    Terrible accident but it wasn't as straightforward as on the news.

Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Happy New Years Eve lads! Haven’t been on Boards for a while. Took a break after seeing some really nasty posts on After Hours. Don’t understand how cruel some posters can be. Rant over. Missed this place. Hope ye are all well. I’m off to break in my new hiking boots. Have a good day!

I hope you didn't go off up the hills on your own in new boots:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was just checking on one of the supposed dry cows that is now due to calve and the good news is the listeriosis cow is eating hay. Her head is still cocked to one side but it is an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    I was just checking on one of the supposed dry cows that is now due to calve and the good news is the listeriosis cow is eating hay. Her head is still cocked to one side but it is an improvement.

Great news. Happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

Had to take the wife and kids for a covid test earlier. They are coughing and runny noses. Wife is very much by the book and gp sent them for a test. I was driving but I didn't bother getting tested. She wouldn't accept my diagnosis for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

straight wrote: »
    Had to take the wife and kids for a covid test earlier. They are coughing and runny noses. Wife is very much by the book and gp sent them for a test. I was driving but I didn't bother getting tested. She wouldn't accept my diagnosis for some reason.

How come you didn’t get a test?

• Advertisement

How come you didn’t get a test?

Close contacts are no longer being tested anyway, system overloaded.

Advertisement