Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

How come you didn’t get a test?

Wife didn't request it for me I guess. No symptoms. Fairly sure they don't have it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Water John wrote: »
    Close contacts are no longer being tested anyway, system overloaded.

Staff being taking off testing to give vaccinations?
    Or are the two completely separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Staff being taking off testing to give vaccinations?
    Or are the two completely separate?

Totally separate. Don't have capacity to perform the analysis from the swabs. Sending some off to Germany everyday now to try test as many as possible. Things have gone seriously arseways in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Close contacts are no longer being tested anyway, system overloaded.

My nieces husband was tested today and they're isolating now until result comes back, but the rest of the family weren't tested

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

When my nephew was being tested last week as a close contact they said it was ok for his mother to continue teaching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

wrangler wrote: »
    My nieces husband was tested today and they're isolating now until result comes back, but the rest of the family weren't tested

Thought the tests were within the day

Reggie. wrote: »

2 to 3 days

straight wrote: »
    2 to 3 days

We have lads that got tested and had results within 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We have lads that got tested and had results within 4 hours

Was that through a private lab?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

When I went to teh beacon for a procedure in september they tested me going in the door and told me it'd be two hours.
    However they forgot until I was in the theatre half an hour later and did it any way but hte result came back in two hrs, they would've got a right shock if it was positive and the procedure over

• Advertisement

No the normal drive thrus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got tested twice in Drogheda hospital ( was an inpatient) results text to me in about 18 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Got tested twice in Drogheda hospital ( was an inpatient) results text to me in about 18 hours.

Ya, had three tests (two public, one private) and each one was back the following afternoon.

Our young lad used to get regular coughs at the child minders, que tests. Doctor put him on a stronger inhaler for his childhood (we hope) asthma, no more coughs, no more tests.

One sour note I feel I should reflect on was our Govt's caving to the we must have Christmas brigade. It's what has us in the position we're in right now. They need to man the fcuk up from here on out and deal with this thing for what it is. No more hallmark moment weakness'.

Ya, had three tests (two public, one private) and each one was back the following afternoon.

I feel left out. Never had one

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

I had got the hang of them by the third one. :D

I had got the hang of them by the third one. :D

Ya had the nose cleaned out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Daughter has a “birthday cake” for the pony in the fridge.

Garlic chaff, pony mix, grated carrots and molasses.

https://ibb.co/dPqY1Yk

I probably won’t have a slice 😂😂

_Brian wrote: »
    Daughter has a “birthday cake” for the pony in the fridge.

Garlic chaff, pony mix, grated carrots and molasses.

https://ibb.co/dPqY1Yk

I probably won’t have a slice 😂😂

Might be a gap in the market.

• Advertisement

Might be a gap in the market.

I’m not going to lie, the garlic chaff brings an interesting aroma to the place.

Brought in the new year dinner with a few steaks 🥩 from the heifer we butchered before Christmas.

Really happy with the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

_Brian wrote: »
    Brought in the new year dinner with a few steaks 🥩 from the heifer we butchered before Christmas.

Really happy with the meat.

Had a Leg of Lamb here from a lamb we bought off a friend here too, nicest lamb ive had in a long time, at €170 everything included it wasnt too bad value. Noticed no neck chops, neck steaks or liver either must put a request in for them the next time.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Made another lot of sausage meat stuffing, had it with chicken and roasties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Getting hungry reading this thread ha. Dinner consisted of sprouts, spuds and sausages. Would lash into another Christmas dinner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

whelan2 wrote: »
    Made another lot of sausage meat stuffing, had it with chicken and roasties.

Ha - we had sausage meat as well... was savage... :)

Christmas family dinner was supposed to be on the 31st. Well the two of us will have turkey and stuffing for another day or two.

Had a Leg of Lamb here from a lamb we bought off a friend here too, nicest lamb ive had in a long time, at €170 everything included it wasnt too bad value. Noticed no neck chops, neck steaks or liver either must put a request in for them the next time.

If I might ask, what breed of lamb was it, weight, how was it packaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

If I might ask, what breed of lamb was it, weight, how was it packaged?

Would have been one of last years lambs was just by chance he had a few left over, was over 20kg of meat all up i reckon not sure of the breed though, packaged in plastic bags not vac pack, arrived fresh and thrown straight in the freezer.
    Usually gets them hung for a few weeks but with the demand in the meatworks at this time of year it didnt go ahead.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

Would have been one of last years lambs was just by chance he had a few left over, was over 20kg of meat all up i reckon not sure of the breed though, packaged in plastic bags not vac pack, arrived fresh and thrown straight in the freezer.
    Usually gets them hung for a few weeks but with the demand in the meatworks at this time of year it didnt go ahead.

Thanks, were the cuts labelled? I was asked for a lamb this year but didn't go ahead with it. Thinking of it for next year.

Advertisement