Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Thanks, were the cuts labelled? I was asked for a lamb this year but didn't go ahead with it. Thinking of it for next year.

Yes everything labelled and labelled clearly too.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Had Lancashire Hot Pot tonight, lovely made with lamb shoulder, carrots mushrooms and a good dash of Yorkshire Relish before cooking.
    Layer of thinly sliced potatoes on top.
    Crunchy on the upper side, creamy underneath.
    Am like a beached Fungi here...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Had Lancashire Hot Pot tonight, lovely made with lamb shoulder, carrots mushrooms and a good dash of Yorkshire Relish before cooking.
    Layer of thinly sliced potatoes on top.
    Crunchy on the upper side, creamy underneath.
    Am like a beached Fungi here...

How do you know what a beached fungi looks like????????

Reggie. wrote: »

Bloated. Could be mistaken for dead.
    :pac:

Bloated. Could be mistaken for dead.
    :pac:

Mmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Yes everything labelled and labelled clearly too.

Local Abattoir does same here for us
    And if we don’t have a lamb they can source one
    We don’t get legs or fillets, all in chops or Cutlets with 4 shanks & the neck in stewing meat

Highly recommend it to everyone to try, even go 1/2’s with another house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Local Abattoir does same here for us
    And if we don’t have a lamb they can source one
    We don’t get legs or fillets, all in chops or Cutlets with 4 shanks & the neck in stewing meat

Highly recommend it to everyone to try, even go 1/2’s with another house

We fitted the whole lamb in a standard freezer easily too we didnt need to buy a chest freezer.

Better living everyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Reggie. wrote: »

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/10/19/divers-find-dolphin-mass-grave-in-dingle/

Not quite what Neks looks like I hope:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »

Away outta that, have days work done already!

8ZQtiOk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

8ZQtiOk.jpg

What day would that be......hopefully back to some sort of normality on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

8ZQtiOk.jpg

RIP Fungi. :(

blue5000 wrote: »

Investigation needed on his farm

NcdJd wrote: »
    RIP Fungi. :(

We are either burying a whale, or rising a Cairn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Leave our Holly down here in West Cork out of it. Won't hear a word said against her.
    https://twitter.com/HollyCairnsTD?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Water John wrote: »
    Leave our Holly down here in West Cork out of it. Won't hear a word said against her.
    https://twitter.com/HollyCairnsTD?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

My impression is that Chris O' Sullivan seems to be a decent egg down there when it comes to biodiversity etc. issues. Would my impresssion be right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Birdnuts wrote: »
    My impression is that Chris O' Sullivan seems to be a decent egg down there when it comes to biodiversity etc. issues. Would my impresssion be right??

You’d be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

You’d be wrong

OK - I thought he had something to do with the Whale and Dolphin group down there:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The listeriosis cow is so much better today. Her neck has straightened and she is not holding her head to one side. When I checked on her tonight she was content and chewing her cud.
    I took a photo of her this morning with three others that are also in the sick bay. One had half a clute on her off side hind when we bought her but it's growing on nicely, the other has a problem with her hip (it clicks when she is walking) and the last one was bought recently and has mastitis in one spin.
    Edit - Which one of the four do you reckon is the listeriosis cow?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Base price wrote: »
    The listeriosis cow is so much better today. Her neck has straightened and she is not holding her head to one side. When I checked on her tonight she was content and chewing her cud.
    I took a photo of her this morning with three others that are also in the sick bay. One had half a clute on her off side hind when we bought her but it's growing on nicely, the other has a problem with her hip (it clicks when she is walking) and the last one was bought recently and has mastitis in one spin.

My guess is the small one on the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭Base price

My guess is the small one on the right?
    I'm not going to say just yet - will see if other posters agree with you or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭Grueller

2nd from left

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

greysides wrote: »

How can you read the tags? Even with zooming them in I can't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

Second from the right. The one not eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'd say it's the one with the mouth full of silage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭148multi

41331, she's making up for lost time.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭148multi

whelan2 wrote: »
    How can you read the tags? Even with zooming them in I can't

Perhaps dept training 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

The one on the right with the fluffy hair doo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I would have said second from left. Never heard of listeriosis until I googled it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Left to right
    mastitis
    clute
    hip
    listeriosis

Advertisement