Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Finished watching Fittest Families there, had a massive bowl of apple crumble, hot custard and cream.

Safe to say I’ll never star on that program 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Some show.

Thanks for that. If you think of it, could you remind us in here sometime on Wednesday? I'm hopeless to watch tele but I'd like to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Finished watching Fittest Families there, had a massive bowl of apple crumble, hot custard and cream.

Safe to say I’ll never star on that program 👍

We had banoffe, ohs birthday cake....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Thanks for that. If you think of it, could you remind us in here sometime on Wednesday? I'm hopeless to watch tele but I'd like to see this.

There's another country show thingy on at 3.45 on BBC1 or 2 every day this week.

Don't know what it is bar it was announced on Countryfile this evening.

• Advertisement

For the first time ever I’m looking at the decorations thinking I can’t wait to get them down and away.
    Have never felt like that before and I feel bad for it.

We had a nice time but it has been overshadowed by stress and upheaval, herself taking calls all over Christmas with Covid, big impact with staff out and trying to provide a service.

Thursday morning the crates are out and these stupid decorations are going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

For the first time ever I’m looking at the decorations thinking I can’t wait to get them down and away.
    Have never felt like that before and I feel bad for it.

We had a nice time but it has been overshadowed by stress and upheaval, herself taking calls all over Christmas with Covid, big impact with staff out and trying to provide a service.

Thursday morning the crates are out and these stupid decorations are going away.

Ours came down yesterday

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ours came down yesterday

Little Christmas on Wednesday, so straight after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

This is the kind of day when we need Buford on the scene. Must give him a shout later. :)

Only on Boards since June but sad to see him gone. Pass on greetings from me. Hope all is well for him. Fierce frosty here. Watched fittest family last night too. Fair play to them. I’d be lucky to last ten seconds on that wall challenge! Have to bring one of the kittens to the vet. Off form. What is it about pets? They are always tugging at my heartstrings (& costing me a fortune!) Have a good day lads!

The Beauford over in the motoring forum is obviously a different poster ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Working from home for the foreseeable again now. Used to use the parents back sitting room as an office. Hard going setting up nd tking down the setup daily here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Working from home for the foreseeable again now. Used to use the parents back sitting room as an office. Hard going setting up nd tking down the setup daily here

I take it you have a pc rather than laptop Kev? I use the kitchen here up to about 8 then bring laptop into another room. Would be a pain if it was a pc.

Up at 3.30am tomorrow to monitor systems to make sure the first of the inbound brexit shipments come through as they should. Plus exports tonight. Awkward timings. But handy I can do it from home rather than being in the office.

The Beauford over in the motoring forum is obviously a different poster ?

I noticed that aswell. Doing a motor home. Don't think it's our Buford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

NcdJd wrote: »
    I noticed that aswell. Doing a motor home. Don't think it's out Buford.

He told me he wasn't coming back.

Can we get a go fund me page going to build a memorial to him.?

Maybe a gold cow pat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The rescue helicopter is just after flying over, I seldom see it in Longford. Hopefully some poor soul isn't in trouble.

He told me he wasn't coming back.

Can we get a go fund me page going to build a memorial to him.?

Maybe a gold cow pat :)

Or a retirement present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

NcdJd wrote: »
    I take it you have a pc rather than laptop Kev? I use the kitchen here up to about 8 then bring laptop into another room. Would be a pain if it was a pc.

Up at 3.30am tomorrow to monitor systems to make sure the first of the inbound brexit shipments come through as they should. Plus exports tonight. Awkward timings. But handy I can do it from home rather than being in the office.

Ive a laptop and then an additional screen and keyboard etc. Im well kitted out now in fairness but we are living in a granny flat at my parents for the moment saving for a mortgage and its tight enough for space.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Fascinating programme on RTE 1 Cricket's Irish Roots. Theory that cricket is based on an old Irish game called kets. Recommended watching.

A site where you can play around on and have a look at the various satellites and choose the different spectrum's. From infrared to vegetation to heat to moisture to dates.

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/sentinel-playground/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Water John wrote: »
    Fascinating programme on RTE 1 Cricket's Irish Roots. Theory that cricket is based on an old Irish game called kets. Recommended watching.

Was on in tbe background here didnt take much interest in it, the club local to here produced a few handy hurlers over the years had a great run in the early 2000s and was hone of the dodger too it was only founded in tbe 50s but up until then it was a famous area for Cricket.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Getting tyres on the Trooper this evening, and some guys just have the most interesting stuff in the corner of their shed.....

uDzaneI.jpg

Feckin Imgur down and couldn't add photo..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Getting tyres on the Trooper this evening, and some guys just have the most interesting stuff in the corner of their shed.....

Have have ya spotted now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Tell us more...

Water John wrote: »

History of Ireland and Britain (and France) is merged completely.
    For example Wales used to be part of Ireland. Or really when the Roman Garrison left. A lot of Welsh, Cornish and people from Devon left for Brittany, France.
    The Irish in the southeast of Ireland went across the Irish sea and settled in southwest wales (some reports a lot of wales) when they buggered off for France.
    The Britons left their great briton and settled in their little briton. And named their lands in France after Cornwall and Devon.

Loading mad sucklers and weanlings today in poor conditions.

Bed now with back wrecked.
    Medicated and few shots of brandy and port.

Made me appreciate the modest setup we have at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just opened tub number 10ish of celebrations or whatever. Bountys are actually nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just opened tub number 10ish of celebrations or whatever. Bountys are actually nice

Nice to be still nibbling at them into the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The only sweet that gives you seconds. You're still eating it even though you've finished it.

Jjameson wrote: »
    I decided to cycle to the village yesterday for a loaf and the paper, slapped on my side in the village on black ice..
    Shoulder not good since. Hope no lasting damage as have movement but the moral of the story...
    You’d be better eating bounty bars.

Hope the shoulder mends soon, I had a narrow escape this morning. Retired sheepdog ran out of meds, I decided to go to the vet for a refill. Almost cost me my van, back end slid out into the other lane on a corner.

Steer into skid and pray.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Gave away the tubs of sweets here to neighbours with young kids. Reckon they'll appreciated more.

Advertisement