Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I have a wireless connect Wi-Fi. signal is good in the sitting room where the first router is connected via cat5 to the external dish. I have a second router ( cat 5 and power supply, identical to the first one) in the office which is too far away from no.1 and can't pick it up. I can't get them to talk to each other. running a cable won't work as I can't access the roof voids. any ideas?!! I've gone on line and teide working in the addresses but it didn't work.
    thanks!

have a look at crosstalk solution on youtube

this one may help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

Congratulations to our two new moderators, emaherx and Albert Johnson!
    Hope it goes well for ye!

Cheers, I guess the cats out of the bag now.
    Odelay wrote: »
    Due to budget cuts all they get is a can of fanta and a hand shandy. Coke and hookers are now out of the budget.

There's Fanta? nobody mentioned Fanta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Odelay wrote: »
    Due to budget cuts all they get is a can of fanta and a hand shandy. Coke and hookers are now out of the budget.

I'd say it's more like a glass of diluted miwadi and a photo of a cow's arse. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Congratulations to our two new moderators, emaherx and Albert Johnson!
    Hope it goes well for ye!

Thanks for the good wishes. There's no escape now although theirs no one more amazed and equally disturbed at the revelation than myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Thanks for the good wishes. There's no escape now although theirs no one more amazed and equally disturbed at the revelation than myself.

It was your huge level of disturbance that we found strangely alluring Albert :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Let the hunger games begin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

NcdJd wrote: »
    I'd say it's more like a glass of diluted miwadi and a photo of a cow's arse. :D

Legend has it one of them is Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Congrats to the new mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

greysides wrote: »
    AND THE WINNER IS.... White Clover, with a record breaking time of (at least) 7 hours.

Yes, the mods are very glad to welcome emaherx and Albert Johnson to the team.

It's been a slightly fraught trip for them but they're finally into the inner sanctum. :)

Is there a prize? Do I get the same perks as the mods?!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Is there a prize? Do I get the same perks as the mods?!!
    You get to shake the can of Fanta before giving it to the newly appointed to open;) Be nice now for a couple of weeks at least.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

blue5000 wrote: »
    You get to shake the can of Fanta before giving it to the newly appointed to open;) Be nice now for a couple of weeks at least.

Reminds me of The Christmas Toy Show when Tubridy asked the kid what she liked to drink, to which she replied Fanta. He then proceeded to pour himself an entire bottle for himself. Dont think she was happy

Btw does mean those of us in the galley - have to row twice as much with the extra mods and all that ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

The information super highway is fairly well choked up this morning with all the students logging on. It's nearly as bad as traffic in a small town with 3 schools beside each other at 5 mins to 9 on a Monday morning.:eek:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

First class for youngest lad was a no show by the teacher. You'd think he'd send an email to say it wasn't going to be on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    First class for youngest lad was a no show by the teacher. You'd think he'd send an email to say it wasn't going to be on

That’s poor form.
    Our 6th class are working off ore recorded video lessons. I thought it was a bit of a cop out but it allows flexibility. 12YO currently down mucking out stables and feeding chickens. She can do schoolwork when she has that done.

Derelict stone shed backing onto one in use. Frost knocked a section which of course damaged the shed in use.

Am rubbish with stonework but when weather improves it will need patching and pointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »

Maybe his Internet went out or something like that.
    All the oldest lads teachers bar one made contact yesterday with him and a few gave half hour classes. He is not short of schoolwork after the day anyhow!
    The younger lad has seesaw on the go, interesting enough he wasn't grasping a few bits yesterday that the parents were trying to do in a book but he could pick it up from the video online and the little computer games to help learning way easier. He is mad for computers and it must just come handier to him that way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Derelict stone shed backing onto one in use. Frost knocked a section which of course damaged the shed in use.

Am rubbish with stonework but when weather improves it will need patching and pointing.

I'm not great either, which is a pity seems as we have so many of the things all around us. I reckon the slower the better, plenty of looking at what will fit nice and always make it flat for the lad going on top.

That’s poor form.
    Our 6th class are working off ore recorded video lessons. I thought it was a bit of a cop out but it allows flexibility. 12YO currently down mucking out stables and feeding chickens. She can do schoolwork when she has that done.

All of the courses I've done, and am doing offer recordings which I think is great. One can rewind and replay is something is missed or unclear. Some, even some quite expensive ones (well up in the '000's) work exclusively off recordings, which you offer feedback and questions to mentors after watching within a certain time frame.

All of the courses I've done, and am doing offer recordings which I think is great. One can rewind and replay is something is missed or unclear. Some, even some quite expensive ones (well up in the '000's) work exclusively off recordings, which you offer feedback and questions to mentors after watching within a certain time frame.

LC girl did Easter grinds last year with a private Dublin college, they were doing a special 5 for 1 offer at the time so 5 subjects for €120 covering half of the curriculum.

They provided hard amd soft copy of the notes, plus an online class. I got some screen grab software and recorded the classes and it’s a great his, she still watches them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

Are some lads here posting in the vegan forum again? Why do ye do it to yourselves?!

• Advertisement

I'd recommend this book on traditional stone buildings and repair by Patrick McAfee

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nPJHYQKIL._AC_SY400_.jpg

He also did one stone walls which is very good.

endainoz wrote: »
    Are some lads here posting in the vegan forum again? Why do ye do it to yourselves?!

Why not ??

In fundamentally disagree with allowing posters to start a threads using “only x can post” next they will have a traveller bashing thread started with the comment “no travellers or balanced views allowed”

It’s an open forum, I felt I had something to contribute amd I did, if they are not ready for my opinion (which was fair and balanced) they need to grow a pair amd get over their insecurities.

If they want to talk in secret, let them go get an secret forum somewhere, but that would just give the impression of weakness amd embarrassment at what they have to talk about.

They need to grow up and be able to discuss their position with those they would so easily demonise without a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

Why not ??

In fundamentally disagree with allowing posters to start a threads using “only x can post” next they will have a traveller bashing thread started with the comment “no travellers or balanced views allowed”

It’s an open forum, I felt I had something to contribute amd I did, if they are not ready for my opinion (which was fair and balanced) they need to grow a pair amd get over their insecurities.

If they want to talk in secret, let them go get an secret forum somewhere, but that would just give the impression of weakness amd embarrassment at what they have to talk about.

They need to grow up and be able to discuss their position with those they would so easily demonise without a second thought.

But you know well they won't grow up, and they will still demonize us. I totally agree with what you said by the way, but arguing with people like that is the equivalent of banging your head against a wall. I was just questioning if it's really worth the effort.

But you know well they won't grow up, and they will still demonize us. I totally agree with what you said by the way, but arguing with people like that is the equivalent of banging your head against a wall. I was just questioning if it's really worth the effort.

Bit like beef farming, hardly worth the effort but it’s what we do.

It’s a massive group brain fart by veganism to think that more vegan products in shops equates to an awakening of society to the riotous path.

What’s happening is that conglomerates have realised that there is a section of society that will eat compressed wood shavings if it’s packaged as vegan and they are rushing to milk the market for every easy euro it can get.

All best public health advice across the planet agree on one thing. Eat less processed foods - yet they can’t see that all that is being offered is more and more hyper processed “food” with more and more suspect ingredients. It’s a health crisis in a box, but because it fits the narrative they are heralding it as some sort of dawn of a new civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

Most mortals are
    gozunda wrote: »
    I'd recommend this book on traditional stone buildings and repair by Patrick McAfee

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nPJHYQKIL._AC_SY400_.jpg

He also did one stone walls which is very good.

producing relatively square and aesthetically appealing walls from the most irregular shaped objects is nothing short of witchcraft!

Having said that, thanks for the link I could do with dabbling in these black arts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

It’s a massive group brain fart by veganism to think that more vegan products in shops equates to an awakening of society to the riotous path.

What’s happening is that conglomerates have realised that there is a section of society that will eat compressed wood shavings if it’s packaged as vegan and they are rushing to milk the market for every easy euro it can get.

All best public health advice across the planet agree on one thing. Eat less processed foods - yet they can’t see that all that is being offered is more and more hyper processed “food” with more and more suspect ingredients. It’s a health crisis in a box, but because it fits the narrative they are heralding it as some sort of dawn of a new civilisation.

Great Post.

Glad you brought that up.

Yesterday a comment appeared on the forums tab which made bs claims from the CEO of Impossible Foods that animal agriculture was solely responsible for the loss of diversity globally.

I replied on topic, made no nasty remarks - referred to the CEO of that company etc and for that got banned.

Meanwhile the usual coterie of posters responsible for 99% of the personal abuse and general attacks on farmers and farming and who posted abuse on Buford, farmers in general and myself in the same thread got a free pass, albeit posts removed. But did they get infracted? Did they fuk.

Just two months ago Panch started a helpdesk thread on these issues and where the Admin of Boards finaly acknowledged that posters farmers or otherwise - had an open right of reply to farming / agriculture related topics on that forum. Looks like that's not been honoured.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058134585/5/#post115439558

Patsy was not wrong.

Still waiting for that Feedback thread we were promised....

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058138639/1/#post115525015

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Very sad stories on the Indo today of children from orphanages farmed out to farmers, it's unbelieveable that the neighbours and teachers of these children allowed the savagery to go on.
    Island of saints and scholars m'arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I’ll be pre recording my lessons and uploading them- a colleague in my dept, live taught today and the internet couldn’t drive the PowerPoint through zoom.

I’ll have work assigned that they can print. I’ve also offered to post notes to those that can’t access online.

A few schools around are doing a full tt of online lessons and the children are struggling. It takes a lot of energy to look at a screen all day.

Advertisement