Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

_Brian wrote: »
    What value if any have Lakeland shares ??

I googled but couldn’t see a straight answer.

Face value of £1 per share, I think.
    Now as far as I can remember, there were bonus share issues back in the 80's and 90's
    ( unless I'm mixing them up with FBD)

The situation used to be ( Killeshandra era) that you needed to find someone willing to sell you their shares or a portion thereof, to become a shareholder.
    This in turn had to be approved by the Committee.

OK.
    I’ll feed that back so.

Something between FA and nothing would be the summary

The value is that they allow you vote, which is not of great importance at the moment considering probably less than 10% attend AGM etc., but could become important in the future.
    If they ever went down the PLC route for some reason, then you would see a value established

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭forgottenhills

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Face value of £1 per share, I think.
    Now as far as I can remember, there were bonus share issues back in the 80's and 90's
    ( unless I'm mixing them up with FBD)

The situation used to be ( Killeshandra era) that you needed to find someone willing to sell you their shares or a portion thereof, to become a shareholder.
    This in turn had to be approved by the Committee.

I had a quick Google and found a link from Lakeland which shows that the co-op were allowing new milk suppliers to purchase new shares at 5c a pop earlier this year. So that is likely to be the par/face value of their shares (not the actual worth of the shares as discussed in my earlier posts). They also pay a small annual dividend per share.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Went to get a take away from a restaurant nearby last night. Rang in and ordered - no bother. Drove over to collect then and there was a woman in front of me collecting her takeaway. Lad behind the counter asked for money and she went on a rant about the price of it. Things like it should be way cheaper now they have no staff and only a chef working, and they have no washing up or cleaning to do anymore. I thought she was a bit ignorant of the whole situation with businesses struggling.

My own order was about a tenner more expensive than the other place in the village, and truth be told, wasn't as nice. Wouldn't be in a mad panic back for another take away. Disappointing really cos when they were open for sit downs the food was 100% all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Here's for a good appetiser.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fsai-closures-5324974-Jan2021/

Gives new meaning to the phrase “dishing the dirt”. comments section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

I see Cootehill mart is closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Went to get a take away from a restaurant nearby last night. Rang in and ordered - no bother. Drove over to collect then and there was a woman in front of me collecting her takeaway. Lad behind the counter asked for money and she went on a rant about the price of it. Things like it should be way cheaper now they have no staff and only a chef working, and they have no washing up or cleaning to do anymore. I thought she was a bit ignorant of the whole situation with businesses struggling.

My own order was about a tenner more expensive than the other place in the village, and truth be told, wasn't as nice. Wouldn't be in a mad panic back for another take away. Disappointing really cos when they were open for sit downs the food was 100% all the time

We get a takeaway each weekend. I also get one wherever we are going for my parents . Alternate between 3 or 4 different places. We have dropped one as the covid measures are crap. One of the places gives us a free dessert for my parents each time we go. Some places are making an effort

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

emaherx wrote: »
    I see Cootehill mart is closing down.

Been hearing talk of anGerman supermarket chain using the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000r258

Just watched the first episode of this. Nice wee programme, although not all farming related.

On tonight again at 7:35pm on BBC1 NI.

I thought I recognised the fella at the castle, then I remembered he was in a programme about his uncles (takes a minute to tune into the thick accent!):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Been hearing talk of anGerman supermarket chain using the site.

Couldn't see it closing so quickly if that was the case, by they time they get planning and all it would be nearly a year. They were planning on opening soon a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Couldn't see it closing so quickly if that was the case, by they time they get planning and all it would be nearly a year. They were planning on opening soon a few weeks ago.

It’s a terror the way the Brady family businesses declined.

For two decades they must have had 50% of all the weddings in Cavan in the hotel, very popular bar, nightclub a couple of nights a week, plus five popular livestock marts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

For two decades they must have had 50% of all the weddings in Cavan in the hotel, very popular bar, nightclub a couple of nights a week, plus five popular livestock marts.

Which were the five marts?

They were before my time, but my late father had good time for them when the ran the Mart in Carnaross.

tanko wrote: »
    Which were the five marts?

Carnaross, Mohill, Dowra, Cootehill and Cavan..

Five weddings out of our house including my own. I’d say I was at 20 weddings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Is it set in stone it's not reopening or just going to take time for a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

TG4 doing a programme on the big snow of 47

Do you know what the name of that documentary was? Would have been an interesting watch

Seen this on Argiland,
    A statement from the management said: “Jimmy O’Reilly and Carmel O’Reilly, the directors of Station Road Mart Ltd, wish to announce that as of and from January 15 [last Friday] the company will not be operating the mart premises at Stations Road, Cootehill, Co. Cavan.

“The directors of Station Road Mart Ltd wish to express their profound gratitude to all their loyal customers, staff and suppliers. The directors further wish to state that Station Road Mart Ltd is and always has been solvent.”
    So maybe it will re open under new management, it was doing well I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

ruwithme wrote: »
    Is it set in stone it's not reopening or just going to take time for a deal?

It's gone i think, i can't see it opening as a mart again unfortunately.

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    It's gone i think, i can't see it opening as a mart again unfortunately.

You’d wonder what’s the plans for the site. It’s a cracking stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Bullocks wrote: »
    Do you know what the name of that documentary was? Would have been an interesting watch

It was only 30 mins. Made in 2014 . 47 Blian an Sneachta Mór. Or something very like it. It was shown instead of live GAA yesterday.

You’d wonder what’s the plans for the site. It’s a cracking stand.

The only place in Cootehill thad'd be better for a Lidl/Aldi would be that fellows salvage yard.
    I hope if there is a german supermarket going in, that they'd preserve the old railway station buildings on the site.

The only place in Cootehill thad'd be better for a Lidl/Aldi would be that fellows salvage yard.
    I hope if there is a german supermarket going in, that they'd preserve the old railway station buildings on the site.

Salvage yard would be too close to the corner I’d say. Some stuff in there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Secondary school have a step challenge going. Great to keep them active. A fair bit of rivalry going on too. Cheating too. Daughter was top yesterday with just over 25k steps. She's feeling it today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    Secondary school have a step challenge going. Great to keep them active. A fair bit of rivalry going on too. Cheating too. Daughter was top yesterday with just over 25k steps. She's feeling it today

I was often tempted to tie the phone on the dog, she walks multiples of what I do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I presume ye all are following dlf this week on multi species mixes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dlf_irl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Rare breed is on utv now. you'll get it on UTV+1 at 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Over 23k today, had 10k done at 8 o clock saturday morning as we thought it was a job and knock kind of day, gad 20k done before oneo clock knock off in the end. Bought a huawei fit band in lidl over christmas because you cant manage what you dont measure.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Suckler

If you know someone with a defender give them the fitbit, the vibrations off the gearstick rattle up the steps fairly quick!

Advertisement