Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering a bike in germany

Options
  • 18-10-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

recall a few years ago lads talking about a great german company that delivered bikes to ireland.

cant recall the name of the company. anyone know who in Germany was providing alot of bikes directly to consumers in ireland.

xmas is coming up soon and i need a bike delivered soon.

Comments

Canyon maybe? Haven't looked recently but they always made you wait for a bike even in normal times. I was looking during the summer for a family member and there was a 3 month delivery window. Not unheard of even in normal times for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

recall a few years ago lads talking about a great german company that delivered bikes to ireland.

cant recall the name of the company. anyone know who in Germany was providing alot of bikes directly to consumers in ireland.

xmas is coming up soon and i need a bike delivered soon.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/
    https://www.rosebikes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bike sales are through the roof. Taiwan and Portugal are flattened trying to keep up.

Canyon or Rose are the brand's but beware lead times. Is this a kid's bike though? Rose/canyon would be a big spend for a child's Xmas present.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

German Bikes Manufacturers

Peugeot (DE) 13.0M.

Trek Bicycle. 1.5M.

CUBE Bikes. 384k.

Focus Bikes. 263k.

CINELLI. 237k.

Radon Bikes. 150k.

Canyon (Default) 147k.

KHEbikes. 111k.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

I think an earlier post relating to Canyon delivery times may be unfair. I ordered an in stock bike from Canyon in June. It took about two weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

thank you very much all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i bought off bunnyhop.de before, caad 10, took about 4 weeks to arrive, but no issues with it. All fall under the ec consumer rights regulations, so buying off a german/dutch/eu online shop should be the same as buying from an Irish online shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

Zen0 wrote: »
    I think an earlier post relating to Canyon delivery times may be unfair. I ordered an in stock bike from Canyon in June. It took about two weeks to arrive.

Same here, I ordered a bike Oct 6th, it arrived on the 12th, it was in stock and a brand new model which could have been a factor.

It did arrive with a puncture, which happens I suppose, but they have now sent a tube so no complaint there.

Zen0 wrote: »

May 2021 now for the bike I looked at back in the summer with an October shipping date!!!

Quick check of whats is stock there at the minute and it's not great at the lower end of things.

They aren't alone though I looked at an Orbea for myself and was told the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

I've bought bikes from both of these German shops,never an issue,very professional and great to deal with.
    Grabbed a couple of bargains over the years.

https://www.fahrrad-kaiser.de/

https://www.linkradquadrat.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

salamiii wrote: »
    German Bikes Manufacturers

Peugeot (DE) 13.0M.

Trek Bicycle. 1.5M.

CUBE Bikes. 384k.

Focus Bikes. 263k.

CINELLI. 237k.

Radon Bikes. 150k.

Canyon (Default) 147k.

KHEbikes. 111k.

Have you a link to this information?
    That Peugeot figure shocks me. Just wanted see more details thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I ordered a kids bike from bike24.com on Friday and it shipped today.
    They are owned by Wiggle. That can be a good or bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I ordered a kids bike from bike24.com on Friday and it shipped today.
    They are owned by Wiggle. That can be a good or bad thing.

They were for a while but are back on their own again this past year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

I've bought bikes from both of these German shops,never an issue,very professional and great to deal with.
    Grabbed a couple of bargains over the years.

https://www.fahrrad-kaiser.de/

https://www.linkradquadrat.de/

Not to derail the thread but can I ask how you managed to get a bike delivered from linkradquadrat and how much did it cost ?

When I asked them 4 years ago about delivery to Ireland, they quoted me €220 delivery and it was take it or leave it as they wouldn't entertain any other courier other than the one they used.

I then tried them again earlier this summer but they refused to ship to Ireland and said I had to arrange to have my own courier come and collect the bike but prices due to the packaging size were inhibitive so I had to leave it.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    They were for a while but are back on their own again this past year or so.

That's good to know. I should have known something was up. Their customer service was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Kop Idol wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread but can I ask how you managed to get a bike delivered from linkradquadrat and how much did it cost ?

When I asked them 4 years ago about delivery to Ireland, they quoted me €220 delivery and it was take it or leave it as they wouldn't entertain any other courier other than the one they used.

I then tried them again earlier this summer but they refused to ship to Ireland and said I had to arrange to have my own courier come and collect the bike but prices due to the packaging size were inhibitive so I had to leave it.

Hi KI,

I bought a Focus bike from Linkradquadrat five years ago,they charged me €150 shipping.I did not mind the price because of the huge savings I made.

Fahrrad Kaiser charged me €90,again I was happy enough to pay this.

Hi KI,

I bought a Focus bike from Linkradquadrat five years ago,they charged me €150 shipping.I did not mind the price because of the huge savings I made.

Just to add to the shipping costs discussion, Bike24 charged €90.
    I didn't mind as kids bikes are like hen's teeth at the moment and they had a decent selection

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

I ordered a frameset off these guys a few years ago. Great service and arrived within a week from Germany to Ireland.

https://edelrad.de/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

Hi KI,

Same here. €150 to get a new bike delivered from the Netherlands a month ago direct from the factory.

I've a feeling over 50% of the shipping price is insurance cover for damage during transit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement