Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man (Pulp Fiction)

Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth - See You Again (Furious 7)

Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)

Lustra - Scotty Doesn't Know (Eurotrip)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Soggy Bottom Boy's - I am a man of constant sorry (O brother, where art thou?)
    C.W. McCall - Convoy (Convoy)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,249 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth - See You Again (Furious 7)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

C.W. McCall - Convoy (Convoy)

Kenny Loggins - footloose
    Aztec Camera - Somewhere in my Heart (47 Meters Down: Uncaged)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man (Pulp Fiction) Vs Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Blue Hawaii)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) Vs Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth - See You Again (Furious 7)
    Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) Vs Aztec Camera - Somewhere in my Heart (47 Meters Down: Uncaged)
    C.W. McCall - Convoy (Convoy) Vs Lustra - Scotty Doesn't Know (Eurotrip)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man (Pulp Fiction) Vs Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Blue Hawaii)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) Vs Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth - See You Again (Furious 7)
    Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) Vs Aztec Camera - Somewhere in my Heart (47 Meters Down: Uncaged)
    C.W. McCall - Convoy (Convoy) Vs Lustra - Scotty Doesn't Know (Eurotrip)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Blue Hawaii)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man (Pulp Fiction) 7 Vs 3 Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Blue Hawaii)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) 7 Vs 1 Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth - See You Again (Furious 7)
    Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 6 Vs 4 Aztec Camera - Somewhere in my Heart (47 Meters Down: Uncaged)
    C.W. McCall - Convoy (Convoy) 5 Vs 5 Lustra - Scotty Doesn't Know (Eurotrip)

I would have picked Aztec Camera over both of these, neither are great. Though, as a movie song Convoy is more iconic and would have won had there been no time limit.

R1/M13 Iggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

R1/M14 Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

R1/M15 Lulu - To Sir With Love (To Sir With Love) Vs Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid)

R1/M16 Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever)

Iggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Lulu - To Sir With Love (To Sir With Love) Vs Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid)
    Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)
    Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid)
    U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Lulu - To Sir With Love (To Sir With Love) Vs Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid)
    Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

ShaneU wrote: »
    ggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

Same please

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)

U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Iggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting)
    Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Lulu - To Sir With Love (To Sir With Love)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Iggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Jesus, some really tough match ups

Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) - both great songs, Lose Yourself is really speaks for the film
    Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing) - love my 80s!
    Lulu - To Sir With Love (To Sir With Love) - though it is one of the few Dylan songs I like, I like Lulu too.
    U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever) - really like this one and I think it is one of my nominations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

eminen
    u2
    dirty dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing
    Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
    U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Eminem
    Bryan Adams
    Bob Dylan
    U2

Iggy Popp - Lust For Life (Trainspotting) 3 Vs 7 Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) 3 Vs 7 Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Lulu - To Sir With Love (To Sir With Love) 4 Vs 7 Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid)
    Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) 7 Vs 2 U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Batman Forever)

A few contenders there, and more on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

jyst watched both clips again... lulu fits the scene in the film better. Gosh making some strange choices here.

Lulu

• Registered Users Posts: 86,249 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

speckle wrote: »
    jyst watched both clips again... lulu fits the scene in the film better. Gosh making some strange choices here.

Lulu

I thought so too.

R1/M17 The Undertones - Teenage Kicks (Good Vibrations) Vs Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin' (Midnight Cowboy)

R1/M18 John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights (Grease) Vs Irene Cara - Flashdance... What a Feeling (Flashdance)

R1/M19 Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft (Shaft)

R1/M20 Coolio - Gangster's Paradise (Dangerous Minds) Vs Elmer Bernstein - Main Theme (The Magnificent Seven)

The Undertones - Teenage Kicks (Good Vibrations) Vs Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin' (Midnight Cowboy)
    John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights (Grease) Vs Irene Cara - Flashdance... What a Feeling (Flashdance)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft (Shaft)
    Coolio - Gangster's Paradise (Dangerous Minds) Vs Elmer Bernstein - Main Theme (The Magnificent Seven)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Advertisement