Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭littlevillage

speckle wrote: »
    The Pixies... what a crazy original scene at the window and the buildings imploding.. never seen it before.

Great scene and the song fits the scene soo perfectly. IMHO its the winner of this competition.

But there have already been shock exits here....soo nothing is for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic)
    Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone (Top Gun)
    Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (City of Angels)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Keala Settle - This Is Me (The Greatest Showman) Vs Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic)
    Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes (Dirty Dancing) Vs Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone (Top Gun)
    Pixes - Where is my Mind? (Fight Club) Vs Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (City of Angels)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Eric Weissberg - Dueling Banjos (Deliverance)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

The greatest showman
    Top gun
    Good dolls
    Born to be wild

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Keala Settle - This Is Me (The Greatest Showman) 6 Vs 5 Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic)
    Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes (Dirty Dancing) 1 Vs 7 Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone (Top Gun)
    Pixes - Where is my Mind? (Fight Club) 2 Vs 7 Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (City of Angels)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) 7 Vs 1 Eric Weissberg - Dueling Banjos (Deliverance)

Celine Dion out in R1, thats a big shock imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Kolido wrote: »
    Keala Settle - This Is Me (The Greatest Showman) 6 Vs 5 Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic)

Celine Dion out in R1, thats a big shock imo.

I have some friends that can't stand her in general or the song in particular.
    Having said that, This is Me is one of my nominations, so very happy that it went through :)

R1/M41 Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire (Chariots Of Fire) Vs Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)

R1/M42 Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) Vs Sixpence Non the Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That)

R1/M43 Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly (Once)

R1/M44 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Bodyguard) Vs Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place (A Summer Place)

Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire (Chariots Of Fire) Vs Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)
    Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) Vs Sixpence Non the Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly (Once)
    Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Bodyguard) Vs Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place (A Summer Place)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire (Chariots Of Fire)
    Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin)
    Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Bodyguard)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sixpence Non the Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That)

Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly (Once)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire (Chariots Of Fire) Vs Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)
    Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) Vs Sixpence Non the Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That) abstain
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly (Once)
    Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Bodyguard) Vs Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place (A Summer Place)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)
    Sixpence Non the Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That)
    Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly (Once)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) (this song is a strong 'un)
    Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place (A Summer Place)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

glen marketa
    greatest showman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire (Chariots Of Fire) - classic!
    Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) - one of my favourite animated films ever
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) - difficult one but I will vote for the classic 80s
    Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Bodyguard) - overplayed but another classic!

whitney houston
    sixpence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Could of gone either way on most of those.

Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire (Chariots Of Fire) 6 Vs 3 Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)
    Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) 5 Vs 3 Sixpence Non the Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) 5 Vs 4 Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly (Once)
    Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Bodyguard) 7 Vs 2 Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place (A Summer Place)

I will throw 2 batches up now and call it a night, should get R1 finished tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

R1/M45 The Commitments - Whiter Shade of Pale (The Commitments) Vs Glen Frey - The Heat is On (Beverly Hills Cop)

R1/M46 Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden (Jerry Maguire) Vs Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle (Tropic Thunder)

R1/M47 Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange (The Lost Boys) Vs The Wonders - That Thing You Do! (That Thing You Do!)

R1/M48 Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) Vs Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place (A Summer Place)

The Commitments - Whiter Shade of Pale (The Commitments) Vs Glen Frey - The Heat is On (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden (Jerry Maguire) Vs Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle (Tropic Thunder)
    Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange (The Lost Boys) Vs The Wonders - That Thing You Do! (That Thing You Do!)
    Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) Vs Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction)

• Advertisement

R1/M49 Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (Shrek 2) Vs Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)

R1/M50 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) Vs Kenny Rodgers - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (The Big Lebowski)

R1/M51 Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance) Vs Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong (An Officer and a Gentleman)

R1/M52 Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart (Risky Business) Vs Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By (Casablanca)

Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (Shrek 2) Vs Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) Vs Kenny Rodgers - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (The Big Lebowski)
    Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance) Vs Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong (An Officer and a Gentleman)
    Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart (Risky Business) Vs Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By (Casablanca)

people are strange
    ccr

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Glen Frey - The Heat is On (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden (Jerry Maguire)
    The Wonders - That Thing You Do! (That Thing You Do!)
    Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle (Tropic Thunder)

Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (Shrek 2)

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World)

Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance)

Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart (Risky Business)

Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange (The Lost Boys)

whiter shade of pale
    as time goes

Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (Shrek 2)

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World)

Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance)

Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart (Risky Business)

SummerPlace

Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now )
    Kenny Rodgers - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (The Big Lebowski)
    Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong (An Officer and a Gentleman)
    Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By (Casablanca)

• Advertisement

pulp fiction
    joe and jennifer
    counting crows

Advertisement