Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Glen Frey - The Heat is On (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle (Tropic Thunder)
    The Wonders - That Thing You Do! (That Thing You Do!)
    Percy Faith - Theme from a Summer Place

Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) ig Lebowski)
    (tough choice) - > Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance)
    Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By (Casablanca)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Glen Frey - The Heat is On (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle (Tropic Thunder)
    The Wonders - That Thing You Do! (That Thing You Do!)
    Summer Place

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The Commitments - Whiter Shade of Pale (The Commitments) 3 Vs 7 Glen Frey - The Heat is On (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden (Jerry Maguire) 6 Vs 7 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle (Tropic Thunder)
    Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange (The Lost Boys) 5 Vs 7 The Wonders - That Thing You Do! (That Thing You Do!)

Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (Shrek 2) 4 Vs 7 Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) 7 Vs 4 Kenny Rodgers - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (The Big Lebowski)
    Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance) 7 Vs 6 Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong (An Officer and a Gentleman)
    Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart (Risky Business) 3 Vs 7 Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By (Casablanca)

No votes were counted for match48 as it was posted in error, will run it now with correct songs

Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World)
    Michael Sembello - Maniac (Flashdance)
    Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By (Casablanca)

R1/M48 Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) Vs John Carpender - Main Theme (Halloween)

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) Vs John Carpender - Main Theme (Halloween)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Chuck Berry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

pulp fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) Vs John Carpender - Main Theme (Halloween)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I will also vote for Chuck Berry.
    Not a fan of the film, but the soundtrack is class!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

John Carpenter - Main Theme (Halloween)

Chuck berry

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) 7 Vs John Carpender - Main Theme (Halloween)

Surprised there was no love for Halloween given the season that's in it

R1/M53 Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

R1/M54 The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night) Vs The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)

R1/M55 David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners) Vs Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)

R1/M56 Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) Vs Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)
    The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night) Vs The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners) Vs Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) Vs Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night) Vs The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners) Vs Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) Vs Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)
    The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners)
    Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Advertisement

david bowie
    seal

Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous) ; one of my noms, great song, iconic movie scene

The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night)

Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father) ; because I know how much Necro loves her... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners)
    Pharrell Willams - Happy

Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father) ; because I know how much Necro loves her... ;)

As much as you love CCR amirite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)

Necro wrote: »
    As much as you love CCR amirite :D

Don't affectionately abbreviate their name as if they aren't the biggest a*seholes to have ever roamed the Earth.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Kolido Is this try a little tenderness in addition to the one by otis in pretty in pink or is it all the same?

ChannelNo5 wrote: »

Kolido Is this try a little tenderness in addition to the one by otis in pretty in pink or is it all the same?

different version I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

First 2 I'm not too fussed about, and the next 2 I love all 4 songs

Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) - I think this is already decided but the I love The Minions and this song indeed makes me happy.

• Advertisement

survivor

Advertisement