Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)
    The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night) Vs The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners) Vs Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) Vs Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV)
    The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV) 4 Vs 7 Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)
    The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night) 5 Vs 5 The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners) 5 Vs 7 Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) 1 Vs 7 Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

I'm going to take Hallaz vote to break the tie in the second match as I'm not interested in either

R1/M57 Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky) Vs The Verve - Bitersweet Syphony (Cruel Intentions)

R1/M58 Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (Back to the Future) Vs Liam Clancy, Pat Clancy and Tommy Makem - The Parting Glass (The Guard)

R1/M59 Paul Simon - America (Almost Famous) Vs Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

R1/M60 En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Set it Off) Vs Wings - Live and Let Die (Live and Let Die)

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky) Vs The Verve - Bitersweet Syphony (Cruel Intentions)
    Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (Back to the Future) Vs Liam Clancy, Pat Clancy and Tommy Makem - The Parting Glass (The Guard)
    Paul Simon - America (Almost Famous) Vs Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)
    En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Set it Off) Vs Wings - Live and Let Die (Live and Let Die)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (Back to the Future)
    Abstain
    Wings - Live and Let Die (Live and Let Die)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Seeing as Absolute Beginners aint getting through. I thought I would post this. It's a great wee film with loads of comedy based in around a time with some serious issues with more than a sprinkle of music. With both Ray Davis, Bowie and Sade appearing amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Verve - Bitersweet Syphony (Cruel Intentions)

Liam Clancy, Pat Clancy and Tommy Makem - The Parting Glass (The Guard)

Paul Simon - America (Almost Famous)

En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Set it Off)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

the verve
    paul simon
    the clancys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky) Vs The Verve - Bitersweet Syphony (Cruel Intentions)
    Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (Back to the Future) Vs Liam Clancy, Pat Clancy and Tommy Makem - The Parting Glass (The Guard)
    Paul Simon - America (Almost Famous) Vs Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)
    En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Set it Off) Vs Wings - Live and Let Die (Live and Let Die)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now
    Johnny B. Goode
    America
    Don't Let Go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV)
    Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction) Vs John Carpender - Main Theme (Halloween)

Survivor - Burning Heart (Rocky IV) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)
    The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (A Hard Days Night) Vs The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness (The Commitments)
    David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (Absolute Beginners)
    Vs Sinead O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart (In the Name of the Father)
    Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2) Vs Seal - Kiss From A Rose (Batman Forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell (Pulp Fiction)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

Liam Clancy, Pat Clancy and Tommy Makem - The Parting Glass (The Guard)
    Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Paul Simon - America (Almost Famous)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Rocky
    Johnny B Goode
    Louis Armstrong
    En Vogue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Lirange

Bill Conti
    Chuck Berry
    Louis Armstrong
    En Vogue

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky) 5 Vs 4 The Verve - Bitersweet Syphony (Cruel Intentions)
    Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (Back to the Future) 6 Vs 3 Liam Clancy, Pat Clancy and Tommy Makem - The Parting Glass (The Guard)
    Paul Simon - America (Almost Famous) 3 Vs 5 Louis Armstrong - We Have All The Time In The World (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)
    En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Set it Off) 2 Vs 6 Wings - Live and Let Die (Live and Let Die)

Last few for this round on the way and we can kick off round 2 in the evening

R1/M61 Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (Loser)

R1/M62 Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Jeremy Irons - Be Prepared (The Lion King)

R1/M63 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump) Vs Otis Redding - Try a little Tenderness (Pretty in Pink)

R1/M64 Randy Newman - You've Got a Friend In Me (Toy Story) Vs Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero (Footloose)

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (Loser)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Jeremy Irons - Be Prepared (The Lion King)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump) Vs Otis Redding - Try a little Tenderness (Pretty in Pink)
    Randy Newman - You've Got a Friend In Me (Toy Story) Vs Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero (Footloose)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)
    Otis Redding - Try a little Tenderness (Pretty in Pink)
    Randy Newman - You've Got a Friend In Me (Toy Story)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (Loser)
    Jeremy Irons - Be Prepared (The Lion King) - CRUEL KOL. VERY VERY CRUEL :(
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump)
    Randy Newman - You've Got a Friend In Me (Toy Story)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump)
    Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero (Footloose)

Advertisement