Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) 7 Vs 7 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) - Expires at 15:00

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) 9 Vs 3 The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black (Apocalypse Now)
    Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me) 9 Vs 1 Pete Cetera - Glory of love (The Karate Kid Part II)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) 9 Vs 2 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) 8 Vs 4 Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) - Expires at 15:50

2 matches to resolve, but let's finish this round

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kolido wrote: »
    Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous) 7 Vs 7 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) - Expires at 15:00

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) 9 Vs 3 The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black (Apocalypse Now)
    Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me) 9 Vs 1 Pete Cetera - Glory of love (The Karate Kid Part II)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) 9 Vs 2 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate son (Forest Gump)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) 8 Vs 4 Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin) - Expires at 15:50

2 matches to resolve, but let's finish this round

Elton John wasn't up against Queen... Queen were up against Bruce.

Think you've made a mistake there somewhere.

R3/M13 Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

R3/M14 Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)

R3/M15 Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)

R3/M16 Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Arthur
    Axel F
    Rocky
    Tiny Dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur)

Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill). I HATE TINY DANCER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Queen Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Arthur
    blues bros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Mannequin - this was such a tough decision. GP is a brilliant song that will never date imo, but when I was a nipper I was mesmerised by the mannequin video. & have always had a soft fuzzy feeling when I hear that song.
    Judging by the year of the song too, I am now claiming this as my earliest childhood memory!

Back to the future - because its a movie I'd watch til the day I leave this world

Ghostbuster - just because its a fun song:pac:

The Chain - again, as I've said previously, I love this song & any cover I've heard of the song too

(If ever I've to choose between Mannequin & The Chain, ooh i'll have very sweaty paws!)

Purple Rain - just like the song

Bruce - is getting my vote because he's a bit of a ride;)

Kiss from a Rose - one of the most beautiful songs made

Born Slippy - Tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson

• Advertisement

Paint it Black - simply just a good road trip song

Stand by Me - a nice song

Fortunate Son - I'm voting for this song over Em because I don't know the song but I like it!!

Footloose - another fun song

Dirty Dancing - just prefare it over the other song

Axel Foley - because I love Eddie Murphy movies

Simon & Garfunkel - I like this song & the rocky song too, but I'm choosing S&G because I wouldn't in a million years sit down & watch a rocky movie. Not even if Bruce asked me!

Tiny Dancer - again another tough decision because I love a bit of Duran Duran. But I really like this song so I'm gonna vote for Elton

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)

elton john

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Peter Cetera - Glory of love (The Karate Kid Part II)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur)

• Advertisement

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) 8 Vs 8 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) *

Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) 9 Vs 4 Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin)

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) 5 Vs 9 Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) 9 Vs 6 The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) 9 Vs 3 Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) 9 Vs 6 Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

* Bruce conceded 7 votes to Queens 9 in the previous two rounds

Advertisement