Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Welcome to Round 4

First to 9 votes or 3 hour time limit (Least conceded votes in the previous rounds combined followed by my vote to break a tie)

Playlist

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin)
    Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)
    John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're the one That I Want (Grease)
    Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider)
    Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)
    Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)

R4/M1 SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)

R4/M2 Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)

R4/M3 Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

R4/M4 Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

(picking all the home teams!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

FMac
    Bruce
    Medley/Warnes
    Eye of the Tiger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

easy rider
    footloose
    underworld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Same please Kol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

starship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild - legendary movie song
    Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing) - good fun song
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger - love the opening to this, great song

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

- All handy enough choices.

Eye of The Tiger vs Born Slippy is a lot tougher. Ultimate 80s vs Ultimate 90s. I think Eye of the Tiger just about beats out Underworld. It’s known the minute you hear it.

Survivor- Eye of the Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

The Chain - I'm rooting for this in the finals

Bruce - because his fine a$$ beats a fun song

Mannequin - ive already said my peace, doesn't need any other explanation

Born Slippy - - this song is bound to get you of the sofa & motivated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anyone else find it a bit weird voting for another song because it fits the scene/film better than the one you might prefer listening too?

• Advertisement

speckle wrote: »
    Anyone else find it a bit weird voting for another song because it fits the scene/film better than the one you might prefer listening too?

You don't have to do that... You've put those reasoning restraints on yourself buddy, vote whatever way you want, no one can stop you...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

That's what I am doing too, cos if it's more recognizable from the film, then wouldn't it be considered the best 'movie song'?
    I wouldn't go youtubing some I've been voting for, just to take a listen though.

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) 9 Vs 8 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) 9 Vs 7 Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) 9 Vs 5 Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) 9 Vs 3 Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not Kenny Loggins :( The HORROR

R4/M5 Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

R4/M6 Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)

R4/M7 Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain) Vs Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)

R4/M8 Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) Vs John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're the one That I Want (Grease)

Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)
    Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain) Vs Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)
    Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) Vs John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're the one That I Want (Grease)

You don't have to do that... You've put those reasoning restraints on yourself buddy, vote whatever way you want, no one can stop you...

giphy.gif

Just trying to be fair to the thread title or it might just as well be named vote for your favorite song or film or artist. Yes anyone can vote anyway they want to... I am just trying to respect the work that goes into deciding on a theme and organising the thread. That is my choice, but each to their own :)

Kolido wrote: »
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) 9 Vs 8 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)

Fcuk

Eminem
    stand by me
    Eric Idle
    Simple minds

Axel F
    Ben E King
    Eric Idle
    Simple Minds

• Advertisement

Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop)

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)

Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)

Advertisement