Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

QF/M1 Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)

QF/M2 Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) Vs Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) Vs Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Mannequin
    Streets of Philadelphia

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) ; have always loved the song and the film which is why I nominated it, and its also been the ringtone on my phone for over 10 years, which means nothing, just thought it was a fun fact to throw in.

Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) ; great song that works great in the film, but also the absolute adoration Bruce gets around here annoys me in these tournaments to the points
    that even if I like the song, I don't want to vote for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me - the better song and also the better movie, I nominated it and I have a feeling it was nominated by a few others too

Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) - it suits the movie so much, it's one of Eminems best songs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) Vs Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) - gotta stick with my nomination - I wouldn't be a huge Bruce fan but adore this song and the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) - an absolute 80's classic
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) - like both songs and I think both work great in the concept of the films, but on top of that Philadelphia is one of my most favourite films ever.

At the 2 hour mark my count (not definitive)

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin)3 Vs Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) 8
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile) 4 Vs Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Simple Minds
    Eminem

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Simple Minds
    Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Starship Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin)
    Eminem Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

I will count the votes later, in the meantime, here is the other QF matchups

QF/M3 Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me) Vs Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)

QF/M4 SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)

Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me) Vs Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me) - A great song from a great film, based on a great novel!
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) - not a big fan of the Rocky films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

bright side of life

eye of the tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Ben E. King Stand By Me (Stand By Me)
    Survivor Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Stand by Me
    Eye of the Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me) Vs Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)

Very tough choices

Eric Idle
    Easy Rider

Stand by Me
    Eye of the Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)

Advertisement