Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Account Opening

Options
  • 19-10-2020 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I will soon be moving from Lebanon to Ireland to start a new job. While preparing for my move, I noticed that I needed to have a proof of address in Ireland to open a bank account and that PPSN correspondence or a letter from my employer stating that I was starting a new job would no longer be accepted a proof.

Since I will be renting, utility bills will not be in my name. What documents can I provide to open an account as soon as possible?

Alternatively, can I open a non-resident account (online or as soon as I land) then convert it to a resident account when I am able to provide a proof of address in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi drdre1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

For proof of address we can accept:
    • Household Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Household Charge, Home Broadband and Home Phone)
    • Revenue documents, Tax Credits, PIN Verification letter & P21 Balance Statement (P45 & P60 are not accepted)
    • Statement from another Financial Institution
    • Credit Card statement from a regulated bank
    • Property Tax letter
    • Department of Social Welfare letters relating to claim, benefit or pension
    • Motor Tax
    • Health or Home Insurance letters/documents
    [*]

To apply for an account online you need to be living in Ireland. If you would like to make an application before you arrive you can do this with our Coming To Ireland Team here

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement