Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the hunt for... Giant Revolt 2 (2021)

Options
  • 19-10-2020 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting a new B2W scheme rothar and I've been doing some research on bikes that would fit my needs. I've come to the conclusion that a gravel bike would fit my needs (commute through the city which has pretty poor roads! And on weekends I try and do a bit of endurance/long spins)

So, I whittled it down from a few options (Merida Silex, Orbea Terra, Giant Contend AR) and I think the one that would suit my needs best would be a Giant Revolt. I've decied on the Revolt 2 mostly because it fits my budget, but I'd probably go up to the Revolt 0 if the difference was worth it!

Thing is none of my local bike shops (I live in Dublin city centre) have the Giant Revolt... I'm presuming due to impending lockdowns there's still a huge demand for bikes?

Just wondering if anyone would have any hints/tips on where I could find one? If I'm sure of the frame size required I have no problem getting it from farther afield!

Appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction!

OR alternatively, a recommendation of another model gravel bike in that range!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Have you tried Giant on the long mile road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Google and a few phone calls could be your friend! Especially right now, you might get lucky by searching further afield as very few shops are likely to have the bike in stock ready to sell and all will be relying on the same supplier / distributor.

So I think in general stock and lead time could be a challenge but there should be plenty of places to try. Some examples from a quick search below.

CSS sell them but show that you need to contact them on stock.

Giant store as mentioned above list them and talk about potential delays.

Thinkbike in Rathmines also sell them but showing as out of stock currently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if your requirements for a gravel bike are specifically because of city centre roads, i wouldn't be so worried. i commuted on 25c tyres, most bikes you'd buy now with disc brakes would easily take 28s or bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cheers guys

Yeah - I should note I've mailed quite a few places. I suppose I'm just exploring every avenue in terms of turning stones! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

if your requirements for a gravel bike are specifically because of city centre roads, i wouldn't be so worried. i commuted on 25c tyres, most bikes you'd buy now with disc brakes would easily take 28s or bigger.

I hear ya! There's a few things I like about the revolt, I'm a fan of that upright frame (MTB) style as I find it very comfortable.

It leans more towards a road frame too, I plan on doing some long spins on the weekend and possible travel with it, so its ticking a few different boxes especially if I buy a second set of tyres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement