Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing SIM PC

Options
  • 19-10-2020 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to build a PC for gaming. Mainly for motor-racing games like F1 2020, Project Cars 2, Asstto Corsa (Competizione). Also the Lego Batman/Avengers type games.

I have a case (a Cooler Master, not sure which model, but about 8 years old) and an Antec 550W power supply. I also have a 1TB HDD out of an old NAS, but I'm guessing going SSD is the better option for the main drive.

1. What is your budget? €850-€1050

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, as above

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Case, power supply, DVD drive

5. Do you need a monitor? No, have two existing Dell P2219H (1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz)

5a. If yes, what size do you need. n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz. Yes, would like to upgrade to a large curved screen, or 3 larger screens, possibly VR too (all better suited to the racing games)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Credit card

9. When are you purchasing? Next month or so

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kildare, but I should be okay.

Was thinking something along the lines of this (slightly above budget but willing to stretch if it'll last me longer):
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€234.95 @ Komplett)
    Motherboard: *ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard (€132.62 @ Custompc)
    Memory: *G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (€136.46 @ Custompc)
    Storage: *Intenso High Performance 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€95.95 @ Custompc)
    Video Card: *MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB MECH OC Video Card (€474.99 @ Currys PC World)
    Total: €1074.97
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-19 13:42 IST+0100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Wait a month or so. There's new superior cpu's and gpu's on the way in that price bracket.

Order from the UK too. Mainly Amazon. It's going to be a lot cheaper.

You could order the above for about €150 less.

For 1080p 60hz monitors though even the above is overkill so I'd be looking at a new monitor as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

BloodBath wrote: »
    Order from the UK too. Mainly Amazon. It's going to be a lot cheaper.

You could order the above for about €150 less.
    Just set location to UK in Partpicker - same items - £792.67 (€874)... That's a bit of a difference!
    BloodBath wrote: »
    For 1080p 60hz monitors though even the above is overkill so I'd be looking at a new monitor as well.

My plan would be to upgrade them next year once I figure out how much space I'm going to have (And if I get a Play Seat)

Advertisement