Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to cycling - how do people deal with punctures?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jim wrote:
    .... Is it possible to check via some website whether the front or back tyre is better for preventing punctures and which is say a faster tyre?....
    There's always a trade off.

Your back tyre (Durano Plus) will be slightly faster and have less rolling resistance than your front tyre (Green Guard) but your front tyre will be more puncture resistant.

(That said, neither of those tyres would be considered 'fast' but both have good puncture resistance).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Classic sign of underinflated tube.
    Could well be, though I did have a good go at the tyres earlier in the week having read the advice here about the dangers of under inflation. Unfortunately, the gauge on my Joe Blow seems to be dodgy, only giving a reading at the peak of the downstroke, so it is difficult to get a firm reading.
    No spare tube?
    I did have a spare, but I was just a bit nervy about finding glass or a thorn in the tyre at the side of the road. My last puncture was a thorn which took two people to get out of the tyre back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.. the gauge on my Joe Blow seems to be dodgy, only giving a reading at the peak of the downstroke...
    My Joe Blow is the same. I'm never sure if the downstroke or 'settled' indication is the real one.

Advertisement