Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does the Left hate so much?

Options
  • 19-10-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

In the latest case of wrongthink, Malala Yousafzai has been abused and subject to threats once again. From the Taliban? No, from the Woke. She had the sheer audacity to encourage votes for a friend of hers running as a Tory in uni elections.

Of course that's just this weeks one so far. In the Uk, female Tory MPs are called all sorts (https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18786034.yobs-shout-awful-sexist-abuse-bishop-auckland-mp-walks-home-shops/), racist abuse is showered on Rishi Sunak and other BAMEs who the woke deem guilty of race treachery.

The stuff I've read about ACB from "progressives" could have come straight for Elliot Rodger's diary.

What is it about the people that claim to champion women, minorities etc and the hatred they hold for them? Is it the dejected lover type situation, not being able to deal with their idealised view of some people and the realities that they're real people, able to think for themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

In the latest case of wrongthink, Malala Yousafzai has been abused and subject to threats once again. From the Taliban? No, from the Woke. She had the sheer audacity to encourage votes for a friend of hers running as a Tory in uni elections.

Of course that's just this weeks one so far. In the Uk, female Tory MPs are called all sorts (https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18786034.yobs-shout-awful-sexist-abuse-bishop-auckland-mp-walks-home-shops/), racist abuse is showered on Rishi Sunak and other BAMEs who the woke deem guilty of race treachery.

The stuff I've read about ACB from "progressives" could have come straight for Elliot Rodger's diary.

What is it about the people that claim to champion women, minorities etc and the hatred they hold for them? Is it the dejected lover type situation, not being able to deal with their idealised view of some people and the realities that they're real people, able to think for themselves?

The same reason those on the far right do the exact same thing; they're hypocritical morons with a one eyed view of the world where anything that doesn't fit into that view is a danger.

They're two cheeks of the same arse, and yet all they produce between them is shi*e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

randd1 wrote: »
    The same reason those on the far right do the exact same thing; they're hypocritical morons with a one eyed view of the world where anything that doesn't fit into that view is a danger.

They're two cheeks of the same arse, and yet all they produce between them is shi*e.

one has huge cultural power and friends in the media to beat the band , the other has none

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

What a load of BS - its loaded questions like this and the ever increasing polarisation of our society (encouraged by the way we just love American culture, and people with adverts to sell - i.e. YouTube bubbles and twitter nonsense).

Don't buy it people, don't play the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    one has huge cultural power and friends in the media to beat the band , the other has none

The other controls the media.

Either way, they still remain two cheeks of the same arse.

Disingenuous generalisations in order to win at internet.. over and over and over

• Advertisement

Incidentally there is absolutely no mention of anything politically motivated (Other than calling her a Tory Cnut) - that could be from a left winger, a centrist - a slight conservative or someone who doesn't give a sh!t about politics.

These threads really wind me up as it does nothing but keep us stuck in this divisive mud.

(Also - your link to the article is broken)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What even is the left? Ireland is practically a communist state compared to the USA for example, if they suggested our social welfare and housing policies in America they'd be locked up for being so obviously members of the red party.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The white straight male is a hate magnet for the left, and anyone who isn't white but dares align their support for the white straight male is labelled as a traitor to their race and has their intelligence sharply brought into question. All from the "tolerance, diversity and inclusion" brigade. And that's before any of the Christian/Jewish religion is brought up, then it becomes frenzied.

Danno wrote: »
    The white straight male is a hate magnet for the left, and anyone who isn't white but dares align their support for the white straight male is labelled as a traitor to their race and has their intelligence sharply brought into question. All from the "tolerance, diversity and inclusion" brigade. And that's before any of the Christian/Jewish religion is brought up, then it becomes frenzied.

More generalised horsesh!t - you believe that? For real?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

As a straight white male, I dare not leave my house these days for fear of attack. Grim grim times for us.

Fortunately, one brave soul has immortalised our plight in song.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    As a straight white male, I dare not leave my house these days for fear of attack. Grim grim times for us.

Absolutely - I live in fear of all this hate from the left - the mobs out to attack me. I'm terrified. Sometimes I pretend to have a mixed race uncle just to be able to pop down the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

km991148 wrote: »

Are you denying that there is a targeted campaign against the white straight male? No such thing as gender quotas, diversity quotas, etc...?

You see here folks, straight out denial from km991148 and then they casually laugh it off by bringing up a mixed-race uncle as some attempt at humour.

osarusan wrote: »

Aye, you could look at a woman crooked then all of a sudden the feminazis descend on your doorstep and browbeat you to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Hmmm.

I see far more threads and users on this site bashing the far left than the far right.

And when the far left get up in arms it’s usually about things like a man being asphyxiated by a cop in the street or a domestic terrorist plot to kidnap a US governor... things that would upset most people.

And here are the right getting upset about... Malala is criticised over a student election.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

km991148 wrote: »
    It's somewhat true K. Or at least in the victimhood/victimiser narrative of many groups the Straight White male is pretty much top of the totem in the victimiser pantheon. However I say somewhat true and only within a small group of people mostly online who come across more numerous and louder than they actually are. Much like the alt right types. If you look at the vast majority of "outrages" on Twatter look at the number of followers the twats calling outrage have. It's nearly always barely into double figures. Same for the Youtube sh1stirrers. Occasionally this does spill over into the real world, but mostly in Universities and the like and much more in the US, where we've imported this divisive bollocks from.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Are you denying that there is a targeted campaign against the white straight male? No such thing as gender quotas, diversity quotas, etc...?

You see here folks, straight out denial from km991148 and then they casually laugh it off by bringing up a mixed-race uncle as some attempt at humour.

If you’re looking for somewhere to take refuge, try Leinster House, where men (mostly white) make up 80% of your representatives.

Today, the decisions that will effect the entire country are being made by Leo, Micheal, Eamon, Patrick, Tony and Ronan - not a female in sight.

So calm yourself. White men are very much in control.

I don't think there is a targeted campaign, no. I think there has been some missteps along the way of too much positive discrimination and the like in order to make up for a lot of mistakes in history.

A much more worrying trend is commentary such as this that tries to frame everything in a polarised left vs right. Lots of people operating in their bubbles and trying to join dots where often there really aren't any.

Most of the time, the people pushing these agendas are pretending to be for or against X or Y when really, they just want to sell more headlines, youtube ads whatever.

It works best if people keep playing the game..

Don't really appreciate your style of posting tbh

Denial of what exactly?
    You make a claim then go on to assume it and then before I even try to speak on the subject you will cite that as denial and positive reinforcement of your own proposition.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Well this discussion is as informative as I would have expected it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

I see you are "new" here

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

KiKi III wrote: »
    Today, the decisions that will effect the entire country are being made by Leo, Micheal, Eamon, Patrick, Tony and Ronan - not a female in sight.

Cry me a river.
    Women make up about 50% of the voters. So shut up crying.
    You have a vote, use it and shut up.

• Advertisement

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Cry me a river.
    Women make up about 50% of the voters. So shut up crying.
    You have a vote, use it and shut up.

I always use my vote.

I’m not crying.

I made a point which I’m more than entitled to and I did it with more grace than you.

I will not “shut up” no matter how much you would like me to.

Would you like to take a few minutes to do some deep breathing or have a peppermint tea and then come back and have a more civilised discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's somewhat true K. Or at least in the victimhood/victimiser narrative of many groups the Straight White male is pretty much top of the totem in the victimiser pantheon. However I say somewhat true and only within a small group of people mostly online who come across more numerous and louder than they actually are. Much like the alt right types. If you look at the vast majority of "outrages" on Twatter look at the number of followers the twats calling outrage have. It's nearly always barely into double figures. Same for the Youtube sh1stirrers. Occasionally this does spill over into the real world, but mostly in Universities and the like and much more in the US, where we've imported this divisive bollocks from.

I agree with you but disagree on your comment that it's only a small group online.
    Irish media is quite infected with this and we see evidence that the student body is also.

On a recent but rare listen to newstalk - I heard some fool (20 white irish) lecture an older guy (think he was the editor of the mirror) on his white privilege. This stuff appears on RTE and Matt Cooper a lot too.

You'd be mad to deny it's existance .

It's great to say its mad stuff and ignore it but unchallenged this crap become official policy is the only voices are cheering it.

In the global media, there is a concentrated effort against white people (men in general) . Whether that is funded by foreign actors and aided by self loathing leftie academic/media types it's kinda unclear but it is there.

This is my point. I am not denying there are hateful people there. But there are a lot more "commentators" who are just really making a fast buck out of it, which leads to people trotting out these generalisations all the time. I am sick of it.

Often these occur with major societal issues where we cannot simply boil things down to left vs right. Pro vs Against (whatever subject) but yet we very easily try and group them and categoriase them and use them validate that we must be good becasue I dont agree with X and X is favoured by the right.

Its like everyone just decided to fcuk it all about 5-10 years ago and stop giving a fcuk in exchange for funny memes and youtube clips.
    where we've imported this divisive bollocks from.

And yes - the US are great at exporting all their culture - wish they would just get the fcuk out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

In before the lock

A targeted campaign against the white straight male :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

KiKi III wrote: »
    If you’re looking for somewhere to take refuge, try Leinster House, where men (mostly white) make up 80% of your representatives.

Well the elite top end of western society is most certainly majority White and male alright K and that's always been the case. On the lower rungs where the rest of us non elites live it's a little different. Which gender is the more likely to die before 40, be killed or injured in general and in work, be in prison, be undereducated, jobless, addicts, homeless, have fewer social safety nets? Just about the only outlier in adult males(it's roughly equal in children) is they're by some margin less likely to be sexually assaulted than women. In Western societies the degrees of societal protection goes from children, women and then men. Think on this; in the US there are considerably more shelters for the pets of the sufferers of domestic abuse than there are shelters for male sufferers of domestic abuse. IIRC in Ireland there are precisely zero such shelters.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    In before the lock

There just aren't enough opportunities :'(

In before the lock

More like men are expected to more look after themselves rather than expect society to do it. No conspiracy required and it's been the case throughout history and that's reflected in the difference in the stats between the genders. The problem is too often we look to the elites of societies and say ah well they're all/mostly men therefore... The thing is those on the top, and I would say especially men, care little about the men who are failures and embarrassing. Women will garner more sympathy. It's actually incredibly sexist towards both.

Well the elite top end of western society is most certainly majority White and male alright K and that's always been the case. On the lower rungs where the rest of us non elites live it's a little different. Which gender is the more likely to die before 40, be killed or injured in general and in work, be in prison, be undereducated, jobless, addicts, homeless, have fewer social safety nets? Just about the only outlier in adult males(it's roughly equal in children) is they're by some margin less likely to be sexually assaulted than women. In Western societies the degrees of societal protection goes from children, women and then men. Think on this; in the US there are considerably more shelters for the pets of the sufferers of domestic abuse than there are shelters for male sufferers of domestic abuse. IIRC in Ireland there are precisely zero such shelters.

We can both do that Wibbs.

Which gender is more likely to be killed by a partner in heterosexual relationships? Which gender is more likely to experience rape? Which gender is most likely to be left as a single parent when one parent walks out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

my 10 cents.

• Advertisement

In before the lock

Yes, though the fact any such question about the genders is instantly responded to with derision, dismissal and mirth, even when the numbers don't match up should tell us something. Not so long ago the roles of women in society were responded to in a similar manner. Again remove the elites from society. Just because most billionaires are men doesn't mean men are richer than women below those levels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement