Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does the Left hate so much?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

KiKi III wrote: »
    I always use my vote.

Would you like to take a few minutes to do some deep breathing or have a peppermint tea and then come back and have a more civilised discussion?

Im on the tea, thanks.
    But I'm not the one crying about the big bad white men in Ireland, that were voted in. Big moaning head on you!!!!
    Dry your eyes. We all voted, and we're stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Billy Mays wrote: »
    In before the lock

A targeted campaign against the white straight male :pac: :pac: :pac:

If there wasn't why does one hear the term "white privilege " being thrown about frequently. Why is race mentioned at all? Why are large sections of the media frequently talking about enforced quotas always at the expense of white men.

km991148 wrote: »
    There just aren't enough opportunities :'(

Well done
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Im on the tea, thanks.
    But I'm not the one crying about the big bad white men in Ireland, that were voted in. Big moaning head on you!!!!
    Dry your eyes. We all voted, and we're stuck with them.

Actually, I responded to someone claiming white men are experiencing a serious, coordinated discrimination campaign with a statistic that shows white men are still very much in control of our institutions.

You responded by telling me to shut up twice and to stop crying twice. It wasn’t a very helpful input.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

We can both do that Wibbs.
    OK, but my list is considerably longer.
    Which gender is more likely to be killed by a partner in heterosexual relationships?
    According to UK figures it's more women, but men make up betwene a quarter and a fifth of such killings.
    Which gender is more likely to experience rape?
    Yep, and as I happily pointed out that is heavily predisposed towards women.
    Which gender is most likely to be left as a single parent when one parent walks out?
    Yep, more likely to be women. However in the case of divorce where one partner decides to leave the marriage it's 70% women who do the leaving and are more likely to get a favourable financial and family outcome in court. Less so here in Ireland thankfully. In the US it's a bloodbath by comparison.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Bill Burr SLAMS WOKE Cancel Culture On SNL...

the bit about PRIDE month getting the whole month of JUNE .. sunny weather , t-shirts , and BLACK history month getting the month of February , raining, grey, short days , dark and they were a people who were actually enslaved ... thats hilarious ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Actually, I responded to someone claiming white men are experiencing a serious, coordinated discrimination campaign with a statistic that shows white men are still very much in control of our institutions.
    Yes they are and have always been pretty much, but again what happens at the top end of a society does not reflect what happens below it.
    You responded by telling me to shut up twice and to stop crying twice. It wasn’t a very helpful input.
    +1

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

paw patrol wrote: »
    If there wasn't why does one hear the term "white privilege " being thrown about frequently. Why is race mentioned at all? Why are large sections of the media frequently talking about enforced quotas always at the expense of white men.

Well done
    :rolleyes:
    Is it? Where do you hear it being thrown about?

The only place I see or hear the term 'white privelege' is on here funnily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Danno wrote: »
    Are you denying that there is a targeted campaign against the white straight male? No such thing as gender quotas, diversity quotas, etc...?

We had a good run in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

D.Q wrote: »

"We"? Speak for yourself; I'm Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,432 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Has there ever been a Godwin's law type study into how all threads that contain ? In the title are pure drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Do you know, I barley get 20% more than my female colleagues.. disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Most of the Irish media based in Dublin are mad left obsessed with Travellers rights , Black lives matter etc etc from their cocoons in SouthDublin . They don’t want to hear of travelling gangs robbing all round them or riding the welfare system . Black on Black knife crime like we see in London etc etc

I suppose the fact there are no traveller or black gangs in Donnybrook or Rathgar helps

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yes they are and have always been pretty much, but again what happens at the top end of a society does not reflect what happens below it.

Perhaps not. We don’t really have an elite here in Ireland though in the same way as countries that have monarchies and lordships and the like.

I would like to see a Dáil that’s more working class, more lower middle class, more gay, more brown... because that would be more reflective of society at large and surely that’s the point of a democracy.

Here’s a question for you to mull over: If an 80% male Dáil is not serving the average man who is under a variety of societal pressures (as your posts say), is it not time to try something different? To find new ways to encourage people from all walks of life - male and female - to run for office?

On a side note, the immediate move to personal abuse from the likes of Abel Ruiz is one of the things that actively discouraged women from participating in public life. Rape and death threats toward female politicians are common. Men get that abuse too but to a lesser degree.

Actually in Ireland women are more likely to have a third degree education and get paid more than men(17% IIRC). The women's council or Ireland had that on their webpage, but it didn't last long... This changes after kids come along though. The wage gap is generally a load of bollocks and demonstrably so. Put it this way, if women worked the same jobs and the same hours and got the same results as men, but you could pay them 20% less? Why would anybody employ a man? Waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What is the world coming to.

CURSE YOU HATEFUL LEFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

What is the world coming to.

CURSE YOU HATEFUL LEFT!

I know tight, I got almost double when I started working. Don't even get me started on the transgender immigrants!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

...Which gender is most likely to be left as a single parent when one parent walks out?

Which gender nearly always gets custody of the kids as determined by the courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Which gender is more likely to be killed by a partner in heterosexual relationships? Which gender is more likely to experience rape? Which gender is most likely to be left as a single parent when one parent walks out?

Your first point conveniently leaves out that lesbian relationships massively over represent in domestic violence.

Which gender is more likely to experience violence in general, suicide, homelessness,

There are disadvantages to being of either gender, but in terms of female victims there are infinitely more financial, health and housing supports for the victims of what you have stated above.

When a relationship between two low income people with a child breaks down in almost any western country, the mother and child are protected by the state and the father is out on his ear.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Actually in Ireland women are more likely to have a third degree education and get paid more than men(17% IIRC). The women's council or Ireland had that on their webpage, but it didn't last long... This changes after kids come along though. The wage gap is generally a load of bollocks and demonstrably so. Put it this way, if women worked the same jobs and the same hours and got the same results as men, but you could pay them 20% less? Why would anybody employ a man? Waste of money.

I was mainly taking the piss.. but as a hiring manager in my industry - if you are a lad getting paid less than a woman you are really sh!t at negotiating. This is pure anecdotal and not representative of my own hiring policies. Just what I see around me.

Anyway - this is way off topic for this thread - I was just trying to turn hate into humour. Mostly unsuccessfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Perhaps not. We don’t really have an elite here in Ireland though in the same way as countries that have monarchies and lordships and the like.

I would like to see a Dáil that’s more working class, more lower middle class, more gay, more brown... because that would be more reflective of society at large and surely that’s the point of a democracy.

Here’s a question for you to mull over: If an 80% male Dáil is not serving the average man who is under a variety of societal pressures (as your posts say), is it not time to try something different? To find new ways to encourage people from all walks of life - male and female - to run for office?

On a side note, the immediate move to personal abuse from the likes of Abel Ruiz is one of the things that actively discouraged women from participating in public life. Rape and death threats toward female politicians are common. Men get that abuse too but to a lesser degree.

If the correct number of working class, brown or gay people aren't voted in should the electorates choice be overruled and the less popular candidates that have the right skin colour or sexual orientation be put into the Dáil regardless to make up the numbers ?

Your first point conveniently leaves out that lesbian relationships massively over represent in domestic violence.

Which gender is more likely to experience violence in general, suicide, homelessness,

There are disadvantages to being of either gender, but in terms of female victims there are infinitely more financial, health and housing supports for the victims of what you have stated above.

When a relationship between two low income people with a child breaks down in almost any western country, the mother and child are protected by the state and the father is out on his ear.

All you’re illustrating with the questions above is that a male-dominated political establishment has not worked out well for men.

Try voting some more women in. We couldn’t do much worse.

More generalisations - but really you all sound like there is something to 'win' - all I see is when it comes to people who are going through difficulty (male, female, black, white, left, right, gay, straight) - there are no winners.

More support for women's shelters inst an attack on men. Some positive discrimination is often a misguided attempt at correcting some imbalance (again not an attack).

Now using these topics to sell ad space - that is closer to an attack on our society - but everyone is too busy arguing the toss with each other to care or even notice.

Oh they may not have grand titles but we most certainly have an elite in this country. A small group of yep majority men who control the basic running of the state. It was even worse in the past.
    Sure, I would agree to a fair degree. Though care would be needed around tokenism. EG the percentage of Brown people in Ireland is pretty tiny overall, contrary to the stirrers on both sides of that debate, one or two TD's would well cover it percentage wise. Gay folks would be significantly more in play, though who's to say how many are Gay but don't come out(which is a pity in of itself).
    Again I'd agree, though I'm not so sure much would change on that particular score. It's very embedded in the human psyche. That is women need more "protecting". It's one area that was in play in the bad old days of clear sexism and it survived feminism and if anything has become to be more in play as feminism went through its various waves. The Suffragettes campaigned for equality and even for women to be hanged for capital crimes at the same rate as men, because back then they weren't and were more likely to get prison. Today you have feminists campaigning for less gaol time for women.

Go back through history and men were the expendable gender(save for the leaders) women were a resource, the booty, if a "perishable" one. This is even reflected in our genes. More female lines have survived down to today than male. The human race has many more "mothers" than "fathers". For obvious reasons. If a tribe loses all but a handful of men because of war or disease but the majority women survive then that tribe has a good chance of surviving. If all but a handful of the women die then it's going extinct.

I really doubt a more "rainbow" coalition would change that by much. Doubly so if they're steeped in the current victim/victimiser narrative as many would tend to be.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    If the correct number of working class, brown or gay people aren't voted in should the electorates choice be overruled and the less popular candidates that have the right skin colour or sexual orientation be put into the Dáil regardless to make up the numbers ?

Of course not. That would not be democracy. That would be very dangerous.

What I’m suggesting: Encouraging people from all walks of life to run for office is very healthy for democracy.

All you’re illustrating with the questions above is that a male-dominated political establishment has not worked out well for men.

Try voting some more women in. We couldn’t do much worse.

The next time a woman resembling Thatcherite policies ends up on my ballot, I absolutely will. She's definitely one of my political heroes. I struggle to find any candidate who represents the economic policies I'd like to see. They could be a disabled moderate muslim woman, if they offered to cut taxes on small businesses and 'high earners' (by Irish standards which is 50-150k) I'd give them my first preference in a heartbeat.

Sadly the only diversity offered on the ballot is from parties that I'd never vote for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,432 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Why? Do people start threads? With questions?they already think they know the answer to?

WrenBoy wrote: »

That is often the incorrect assumption made. The answer is of course not. If the proportional amount of people don't make it then it could be an indicator that the system of providing the opportunities may not be working (it could also mean that a lot of the candidates were just sh!te).

These efforts to eliminate discrimination are just that - efforts to eliminate discrimination at all levels - education, chances further down the food chain etc

I don't think anyone (regardless of background) want to see someone get a pass based on skin colour (for example) - just as they shouldnt be denied based on the same.

• Advertisement

More generalisations - but really you all sound like there is something to 'win' - all I see is when it comes to people who are going through difficulty (male, female, black, white, left, right, gay, straight) - there are no winners.

More support for women's shelters inst an attack on men. Some positive discrimination is often a misguided attempt at correcting some imbalance (again not an attack).

Now using these topics to sell ad space - that is closer to an attack on our society - but everyone is too busy arguing the toss with each other to care or even notice.

I never said any of these things were an attack on men. But we had a society in the 50s where women were at 0 and men were at 4 in terms of supports, now women are at 7 and men are still at 4, Id like to see a strategy where both can get to 10, no party offers this, the moderate ones are putting women to 10 but leaving men at 4, the hard left putting women to 10 and moving men to 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement