Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastro Issues due to Water - Togher Area

Options
  • 19-10-2020 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone living between the Western Road, Wilton, Togher bounds experiencing vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea? My partner was struck down with these on Saturday night and I got sick yesterday. I called my sister who lives nearby and she said they all have it in her house too.

When I went to the chemist to get immodium I got the last packet, which I found interesting.

I noticed our water was brown just now so I called Irish Water and they said there were routine Water Improvement flushes going on (which we didn't get any notice about) but only since this morning.

Anyone else get sick after drinking the water in these areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

s1ippy wrote: »
    Hi, anyone living between the Western Road, Wilton, Togher bounds experiencing vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea? My partner was struck down with these on Saturday night and I got sick yesterday. I called my sister who lives nearby and she said they all have it in her house too.

When I went to the chemist to get immodium I got the last packet, which I found interesting.

I noticed our water was brown just now so I called Irish Water and they said there were routine Water Improvement flushes going on (which we didn't get any notice about) but only since this morning.

Anyone else get sick after drinking the water in these areas?

My mum had similar issues, living in Togher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I spoke to my neighbours on both sides and they were affected as well. Both by the water issues and subsequent illness.

Pretty inconvenient timing for the water to be making people sick during covid, we have tests scheduled for tomorrow :(

Stay at home, stay hydrated, get sicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Water was very discoloured earlier today, Glasheen/Togher area. Seems a bit better now, but won't be drinking it for a while!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Irish Water never seem to give notice anymore for works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Thats mad. I was feeling pretty sick yesterday and last night. Never even dawned on me that water. It was nothing major , just felt a bit crampy and stuffed feeling

Saw that they were doing works near lidl last week ( togher local group had posted in case potential water outage. Surely connected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Interesting, had a bit of an upset stomach alright the other night, though was only for a few hours and sorted with a peppermint tea. Had totally written it off as a freak occurrence/me fuucking up some bit of cooking leftovers but it hit a bit quick for that. Add me to the list!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Just to follow up, we got a stool and water sample tested and both showed the presence of campylobacter. The water sample was over 48hrs old (left over in a bottle). That has an impact on the quality of the sample, although I think that caveat may just mean that the quantities may have been greater.

We're not drinking tap water anymore.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Just to follow up, we got a stool and water sample tested and both showed the presence of campylobacter. The water sample was over 48hrs old (left over in a bottle). That has an impact on the quality of the sample, although I think that caveat may just mean that the quantities may have been greater.

We're not drinking tap water anymore.

Jesus. Did ye report to Irish water? I feel even sicker now- thats from faeces?
    By the by, was just saying to my partner today that its only in the past year or so have noticed a really strong taste of chlorine in the water. Wonder if anything to do with Togher transfering to the city and a change in how water is processed?

Advertisement