Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was O Connor the last Irish (Republic of Ireland) player left ?

Teehan and Lennon are yet to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

adam smith doing the commentating , strange hearing him away from the boxing

game on

Deciding set and Willie has the darts!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant fight back. Come on Willie!

• Advertisement

That missed 112 is going to be the game-changer isn't it :(

EDIT: Yep...

balls , it was there for him , yet again , unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Willie as usual not consistent enough.

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great fight back to get back in the match but fell apart in the final set. Had his chances. I think a bit of sports psychology could really help his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Good opening set there from Krcmar similar average to when he lost narrowly to Michael Smith recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Quite an odd lineup tonight with no 'big' star in the lineup. I suppose J DS is no normal joe soap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Missed the pre-match and post-match interviews about Jamie Lewis and can only find online that he had many "problems" and developed "bad habits". Anyone know anymore about what he went through? Was just curious.

In any case it was an exceptional comeback and great to see him get the win. Although I did feel a bit for Woodhouse also. He was bordering on Rob Thornton levels of frustration with himself there.

Some tension between Meulenkamp and Krcmar :D

Edit: Krcmar looks like he's having some panic attack on stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Meulenkamp seems like a sound lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Missed the pre-match and post-match interviews about Jamie Lewis and can only find online that he had many "problems" and developed "bad habits". Anyone know anymore about what he went through? Was just curious.

In any case it was an exceptional comeback and great to see him get the win. Although I did feel a bit for Woodhouse also. He was bordering on Rob Thornton levels of frustration with himself there.

Nothing against Woodhouse, but delighted for Lewis
    Saw him in one of the Euro tour events a few months ago and think he barely managed 70 AVE and was beaten 6-0, looked like a lad battling some demons

Wasn't he a semi finalist here a few short years ago?

boomdocker wrote: »
    Nothing against Woodhouse, but delighted for Lewis
    Saw him in one of the Euro tour events a few months ago and think he barely managed 70 AVE and was beaten 6-0, looked like a lad battling some demons

Wasn't he a semi finalist here a few short years ago?

He actually only averaged 57. He was suffering with extreme anxiety. Delighted he won.

Brilliant 148 checkout from Lauby to level this match. The pace is great to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I could watch these two play all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Think the wrong crowd noise was played there just before Lauby's second last dart at double. Think it could have put him off.

Unlucky Lauby, hope he gets a tour card in January. Very Entertaining to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Great stuff
    Good player Ryan Searle

• Advertisement

Really like Ryan Serle, no dramas, decent player, gracious when he loses and seems to be an all round sound lad. Delighted he won but he might want to consider some specs!!!!

TbL

Degag wrote: »
    Think the wrong crowd noise was played there just before Lauby's second last dart at double. Think it could have put him off.

Very harsh that, completely ruined his rythm.

Really enjoyable game. Lauby a very good player. In with a real chance of getting a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

cracking game,best match so far and some amount of 140,s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Very harsh that, completely ruined his rythm.

Really enjoyable game. Lauby a very good player. In with a real chance of getting a card.

I didn't realise the crowd noise was there in person for the darts players, thought it was just for viewers at home.

Wonder if they'd prefer no noise

siblers wrote: »
    I didn't realise the crowd noise was there in person for the darts players, thought it was just for viewers at home.

guerney was complaining about it earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

peteeeed wrote: »
    guerney was complaining about it earlier

My heart bleeds for him, making all that money and giving out about the noise

Decent of DeSousa acknowledging Smiths 138 check out. You don’t see much of that anymore

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

siblers wrote: »

I think i read earlier in the year that players were generally in favour of it.

Reckon it might be even more offputting than alive crowd when the "wrong" noise is played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

El Sueño wrote: »
    I could watch these two play all night

Brilliant game of darts high quality fast paced played between two very talented sporting characters no whinging no moaning no excuses great stuff.

• Advertisement

A terrible watch but Mansell played well there with a near 94 average. Puha was rubbish, didn't win a leg and averaged 79.

I'm not expecting much better from Chinese qualifier Liu in the next one.

Advertisement