Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situ regarding attending an adjudication if we go to Level 4 or 5.

Options
  • 19-10-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hey - thoughts please...

I have to attend an adjudication on Thursday this week at the RTB due to my old landlord taking a minor claim out against me.

When Level 4/5 is introduced in coming days, do I still have to attend this by law?

I live 8km from RTB also.

They are telling me I do. I've been told by a senior Gardai it's not an 'essential service' so I shouldn't have to attend.

It'll be in a room in the RTB with 4 other people.

I am surprised they are still planning to go ahead with it considering we supposedly won't even be able to have one person into our own home etc.
    No online/zoom etc. service has been offered.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lesalare wrote: »
    due to my old landlord taking a minor claim out against me.

What did he say you did? That's the most important question here.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Effects wrote: »
    What did he say you did? That's the most important question here.

It's basic stuff like saying I didn't pay rent when I did and have the bank transfers to prove it. Left house without replacing lightbulbs etc. It's pretty nuts the whole thing but they have a history of doing same to other previous tenants. I have lodged counter applications etc... I'm not massively worried about the actual claim against me.

I just find it odd that they are saying to have to attend in a level 4/5 situ. Where 'no gatherings are allowed indoors'.

I'm not really looking for advice on the contents of the case.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The courts/adjudicator will follow the government guidelines precisely, let the adjudicator tell you what to do, don't try and second guess their interpretation of the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lesalare wrote: »
    It's basic stuff like saying I didn't pay rent when I did and have the bank transfers to prove it. Left house without replacing lightbulbs etc.

Sounds like a pain to deal with. Surely he knows you'd have proof of having paid rent, and it's easier for the LL to just change the bulbs himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If the RTB are telling you to attend i would, it could go against you otherwise - people with small amounts of power frequently like to exercise it to the max.

• Advertisement
Advertisement