If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for TV

Options
  • 19-10-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, just wondering what the best tv for a budget around 400 quid would be. Was currently looking at the 55 inch Hisense, wondering is there a better option for in and around this budget. Happy with any size 40 inch Mainly for watching tv off a virgin box and a bit of PlayStation.
    Regards

Darren

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Daz527 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what the best tv for a budget around 400 quid would be. Was currently looking at the 55 inch Hisense, wondering is there a better option for in and around this budget. Happy with any size 40 inch Mainly for watching tv off a virgin box and a bit of PlayStation.
    Regards

Darren
    Thanks for the post Darren!

I think the best bang for your buck would be the Philips 43PUS7805. It's a lot smaller than a 55" but the panel uses a local dimming backlight which gives one of the best pictures and it also supports Dolby Vision which is quite rare at that price point at the moment! They have the ambilight as well which looks great but can be switched off if you don't like it!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204868-philips-43pus7805-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daz527

Cheers David for that, looks great and I will purchase today. I assume booking through the website is best? Thanks

Cheers David for that, looks great and I will purchase today. I assume booking through the website is best? Thanks
    Thanks for getting back to me Darren!

The website would be the quickest way, you can order directly through the link below!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204868-philips-43pus7805-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

You can order in whichever currency suits you! Let me know if you have any issues!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daz527

Cheers for the help, ordered today. Much appreciated

Cheers for the help, ordered today. Much appreciated
    Thanks so much for the order Daz527!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.