Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry cheese chips

Options
  • 19-10-2020 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all
    Moved to Dublin13 few months ago. Originally from the Meath where curry cheese chip is popular. My closet chipper in Dublin is raymos but not fan of there curry.
    I prefer a darker type curry.
    So any ideas of chipper that does good curry cheese chips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Giulio's in Baldoyle beside the White house pub, fantastic grub. Really good curry sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Dublin is garlic cheese chip territory, you'd probably be hard pushed to find a good curry cheese chips. Do Supermacs do one?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Should you ever find yourself on Richmond St, Aprile do a dynamite one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Should you ever find yourself on Richmond St, Aprile do a dynamite one.

I'll second that, I wouldn't eat it personally but my wife swears by Aprile

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Dublin is garlic cheese chip territory, you'd probably be hard pushed to find a good curry cheese chips. Do Supermacs do one?

Supermacs do one but the portions are very small and they use that really cheap stringy cheese rather than proper grated cheddar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Will definitely check out place baldoyle. After lockdown will check the other place mentioned.
    Ah supermacs is ok but chips could be better

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Out of your way, but Kebab Mia in Kimmage does a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

BeerNut wrote: »
    Out of your way, but Kebab Mia in Kimmage does a good one.

Couple of new places in the area, that and pizza baker on Ravensdale. Didn't enjoy the pizza but kebab mia is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

griffdaddy wrote: »

No it won't. When you're ordering curry chips just ask them to throw some cheese in. It's a chipper, they make it right in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Cienciano wrote: »
    No it won't. When you're ordering curry chips just ask them to throw some cheese in. It's a chipper, they make it right in front of you.

I don't know what 'it' is but thank you for explaining the mechanics of curry cheese chips.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it just cheese like cheddar, or cheese curds like poutine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Etc wrote: »
    Giulio's in Baldoyle beside the White house pub, fantastic grub. Really good curry sauce.

Honestly my favourite chipper. It's top notch.

Advertisement