Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closure suggestion

Options
  • 19-10-2020 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am a BOI customer since November 2016 and I still have my current account (originally a Graduate Student Account) maintained in University of Limerick Branch. The account was for receiving my Postdoctoral Salary from University of Limerick (Nov 2016 - Oct 2018 ) and National University of Ireland Galway (Nov 2018 - May 2019).[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have maintained the account till date as there were some chances of me returning to Ireland for work. However, as those changes did not work out I would like to close my account now.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]My last official credit has been a tax refund of 695 euro received from revenue.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]After that, I used my BOI debit card twice in India, to withdraw INR 10000 and make a payment of INR 8000 (near about). Unfortunately, after that my debit card also stopped working in Indian ATMs. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]In this regard I will also request the authorities not to issue any debit card further as I am not a resident of Ireland any more.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have left Ireland and returned to India on 14th July 2019. Hence my Ireland Cell number has stopped working. Since then I have not been able to operate the account.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I would request to close my account now as there are no chances of me to return to Ireland anymore.[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] If possible I would request you to transfer the amount remaining in my account to my State Bank of India, bank account. I can furnish the details once my request is approved. The details of this account was submitted to BOI during opening of my BOI account as a supporting document.  [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Suman wrote: »
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I am a BOI customer since November 2016 and I still have my current account (originally a Graduate Student Account) maintained in University of Limerick Branch. The account was for receiving my Postdoctoral Salary from University of Limerick (Nov 2016 - Oct 2018 ) and National University of Ireland Galway (Nov 2018 - May 2019).[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have maintained the account till date as there were some chances of me returning to Ireland for work. However, as those changes did not work out I would like to close my account now.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]My last official credit has been a tax refund of 695 euro received from revenue.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]After that, I used my BOI debit card twice in India, to withdraw INR 10000 and make a payment of INR 8000 (near about). Unfortunately, after that my debit card also stopped working in Indian ATMs. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]In this regard I will also request the authorities not to issue any debit card further as I am not a resident of Ireland any more.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have left Ireland and returned to India on 14th July 2019. Hence my Ireland Cell number has stopped working. Since then I have not been able to operate the account.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I would request to close my account now as there are no chances of me to return to Ireland anymore.[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] If possible I would request you to transfer the amount remaining in my account to my State Bank of India, bank account. I can furnish the details once my request is approved. The details of this account was submitted to BOI during opening of my BOI account as a supporting document.  [/font]
    Good morning Suman,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If your address and contact phone number are correct on the account you can apply to close it online using the attached link. Please ensure to bring the account to a zero balance to enable the account closure to be completed. You can transfer funds using 365 Online or withdrawal at an ATM/Branch.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If your address and/or contact number has changed you can call us on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 to have your address updated. Alternatively, you can send a letter of request to your branch to have the account closed. The letter should include a copy of your passport and your contact number.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-current-account/[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I hope this information helps and if there is anything else we can help with please get in touch.

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan[/font]

Advertisement