If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade-in

Options
  • 19-10-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi there, silly question but I have a Yamaha Rn500 and was wondering if you accept trade in for something more modern, I was looking at the Denon Ceol RCDN11.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Hi there, silly question but I have a Yamaha Rn500 and was wondering if you accept trade in for something more modern, I was looking at the Denon Ceol RCDN11.
    Hi Nibs05,

Thanks for the post but unfortunately we don't accept trade ins on products!

I could do you a brand new one at £499 sterling though if that makes it any more tempting?

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Aye I thought so, I’ll throw it up on adverts and come back to you on that offer.

Aye I thought so, I’ll throw it up on adverts and come back to you on that offer.
    No problem Nibs05, keep me posted!

Hi,

Just following up and have a couple of questions, is there a difference between the Denon Ceol RCDN11 and the Marantz MCR612, secondly I have a pair of Q acoustics 3020, are either of these systems okay to pair with them. Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Nibs,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

As you probably know the Ceol N11 and the Marantz MCR-612 come from the same stable - but there are some subtle differences - the most significant difference is the Marantz MCR-612 has two sets of speakers outputs which can come in really handy.

There are also quite significant difference from an audio quality, Marantz is engineered by Sound United to be a notch ahead of Denon and the amp section of the Marantz is slightly better than the Denon and that is apparent in an A/B demo - but if you are streaming low res audio or MP3 - TBH you will not notice much difference - if you are using Cd or hi-res audio - especially at the top end there are differences..

On both - 3020 - Classic speakers and they will sound great, although both system are really capable of driving better speakers and getting the best out of better speakers..

Apologies again for the delay - we have lot's of both N11 and R612 available from stock - keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi guys, thanks for the quick reply

I think I’ll go for the Denon RCDN11 in white, I only play the odd cd and mostly use Spotify and internet radio. How do I go about payment and delivery etc.

Edit: do you have the MCR612 in silver/gold as well ?

Regards 

I think I’ll go for the Denon RCDN11 in white, I only play the odd cd and mostly use Spotify and internet radio. How do I go about payment and delivery etc.

Regards 
    Nibs,

we have the N11 available from local stock in Black / Grey / White - we have lots of the MCR612 in Black available locally - Silver/Gold is a special order - I can check availability with Marantz for you if you like?

Keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Regards 
    Nibs,

we have the N11 available from local stock in Black / Grey / White - we have lots of the MCR612 in Black available locally - Silver/Gold is a special order - I can check availability with Marantz for you if you like?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Please if you can 

Regards 
    Nibs,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Please if you can 
    Leave it with us and we'll see what we can find!

Regards 
    Nibs,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Please if you can 
    Grand thanks, I only realised it came in that colour yesterday and looked smart. If you can’t get that colour I have my head set on the MCR612 in black.

• Advertisement

Regards 
    Nibs,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Please if you can 
    Grand thanks, I only realised it came in that colour yesterday and looked smart. If you can’t get that colour I have my head set on the MCR612 in black.
    The MCR612 is a stunning unit as well Nibs05, it would be my first choice but I'll see what I can find for you!

Kind regards

David

Hey guys

Sorry to seem pushy, any joy in getting a MCR 612 in silver/gold if not I’ll just order it in black, also I’ve got 2.5mm van damme blue, is this sufficient with the q 3020’s. Last question I promise! Would you recommend using banana plugs ?

Hey guys

Sorry to seem pushy, any joy in getting a MCR 612 in silver/gold if not I’ll just order it in black, also I’ve got 2.5mm van damme blue, is this sufficient with the q 3020’s. Last question I promise! Would you recommend using banana plugs ?
    Hi Nibs05,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We haven't heard back from Marantz unfortunately regarding the Silver/Gold version but we do have stock in black!

I think the Van Damme cable would be a great one to use with the 3020s, it looks like good quality cable! The banana plugs do make it a bit more convenient connecting the speakers and amp! I'd recommend the Cambridge Premium 4mm Plugs if you wanted to add them!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11060-cambridge-audio-premium-4mm-banana-plugs-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey guys

Hi Nibs05.

You can use your current speaker cable with no issues.
    You would not be required to use Banana plugs and can just use the bare copper ends.

If you did want to go for banana plugs there is the SureGrip SG100 priced at £29.99 for 8.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13686-audioquest-suregrip-sg100-gold-banana-plugs-set-8-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-4-pairs.aspx?swapstore=1

There is still no luck on the MCR612 in silver/grey arriving to us at the store, however I see our main warehouse is now showing a handful in stock there.
    I should be able to get one of these shipped out for you.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13706-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-silver-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi kenny

Thanks for the reply 

So I’m looking at the MCR 612 at £549 (€599) in black
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

Plus while looking at your banana plug I see you’re doing a bundle offer on the the Cambridge audio cable and plugs £29.49 (€36.99)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13514-stereo-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-6-mtrs-cambridge-audio-4-mm-premium-banana-plugs-4-pairs-stereo-cable-plugs-bundle-less-than-1-2-price.aspx?swapstore=1

The bundle seems good value even if I don’t use the cable.

I’m happy to go ahead if that’s seems good.

Nibs,

we have added the cable bundle to the MCR612 web page for you with an additional discount - you can check it out here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx?swapstore=1

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Nibs,

we have added the cable bundle to the MCR612 web page for you with an additional discount - you can check it out here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx?swapstore=1

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John

Thanks for that much appreciated, I’ll order it now online.

Nibs,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John

Thanks for that much appreciated, I’ll order it now online.
    Thanks for that Nibs05, let me know if you have any issue with the order!

Kind regards

David

Hey guys

Received it yesterday, it’s a beast I have to say, just wanna say thanks for your help and wouldn’t hesitate using richersounds again.

Hey guys

Received it yesterday, it’s a beast I have to say, just wanna say thanks for your help and wouldn’t hesitate using richersounds again.
    Excellent News Nibs05 :)

Now you can sit back and enjoy the MCR612.

If you come up against any issues or questions please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.