Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

eagle eye wrote: »
    About two weeks at most from being overrun without a lockdown.

How do the numbers compare with March/April?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

JimToken wrote: »
    Restrictions are like car parks

If there's only 1 free car park it'll be jammers

Yes but (if they ban doubles) it still the case that only two people will fit on a tennis court at one time and those two people will be separated by the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Sent it onto a mate who's a Garda in Dublin (posted a few things he's said to me before), his reply was basically changes nothing, might act as a deterrent but that those calls are bottom of a queue and get the standard we'll send a car when it's a available response, said they haven't been and won't be responding to calls all night long in relation to gatherings. He says other colleagues have said that if you wanted you could spend the whole night on just calls for gatherings and they don't.

His inspector told them this morning to police the same was as they have been throughout.

Are the guards not quieter than ever though, or certainly will be again when we go into lockdown. Crime figures went right down for the 5 months or so when our movements were restricted and before pubs/restaurants opened. With people not being out in town, there’s no drunken crowds to control, no anti-social behavior, no fights, not even pubs/restaurants to check up on to ensure they’re following the guidelines.

If they bring in this power, what else will the guards be doing that they can’t respond to calls of this nature, when the rest of the country are in their homes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

polesheep wrote: »
    The whole house party thing was wildly exaggerated. There are far more significant factors at play in the spread of the virus.

Exactly. House party as defined by NPHET is a few people meeting in a house for a cuppa tea and a bun. Almost none related to 4am booze fests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Review after 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why was it deleted?

No idea 18th and 19th links removed but the files still in the background if you know where to look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

I work in the public sector..my boss is telling me with confidence we'll be back in our offices in November. Wonder where she's getting that from? No real review i thought in the 6 weeks..

Was he talking to Mickey Martin this morning or do you think he made it up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Are the guards not quieter than ever though, or certainly will be again when we go into lockdown. Crime figures went right down for the 5 months or so when our movements were restricted and before pubs/restaurants opened. With people not being out in town, there’s no drunken crowds to control, no anti-social behavior, no fights, not even pubs/restaurants to check up on to ensure they’re following the guidelines.

If they bring in this power, what will the guards be doing to they can’t respond to calls of this nature, when the rest of the country are in their homes.

Not at the moment they're not anyway, as busy as ever and as much overtime as they want for checkpoints.

Still have to check pubs and restaurants during level 5 they were told. Open for takeaway so they'll still be going around checking.

There was a lull in the first few months but they don't expect that now during the winter. Unfortunately from his experience a huge spike in domestic violence related calls and requests for welfare checks related to such. Those calls will always take priority.

If they bring in this power, what will the guards be doing to they can’t respond to calls of this nature, when the rest of the country are in their homes.

sure the Gardaí have their own issues with members of the force doing tests and carrying on regardless, get your own house in order Drew before you bang on anyone else door.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40064792.html

They've as much right to be fining people as this eejit has to be on RTE!

https://www.northernsound.ie/monaghan-professor-says-coronavirus-combination-spanish-flu-great-depression/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Pleased to see several friends of mine are still in employment as their employers started to stock essential items after the last lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not at the moment they're not anyway, as busy as ever and as much overtime as they want for checkpoints.

Still have to check pubs and restaurants during level 5 they were told. Open for takeaway so they'll still be going around checking.

There was a lull in the first few months but they don't expect that now during the winter. Unfortunately from his experience a huge spike in domestic violence related calls and requests for welfare checks related to such. Those calls will always take priority.

Before my current job I worked taking calls and logging incidents onto the Pulse system.

The amount of inane nonsense the Gardai actually get called out to is truly eye opening. Talking shadows in alleys, a rustle of a bin, some randomer walking down the street type sh1te.

I can only imagine what it's like now with the extra restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Sounds to me like Dobbo has some symptoms

He's often sinusy and nasal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Hearing of lots of retail outlets that aren't closing

Is there some loophole ?

mean gene wrote: »
    Was he talking to Mickey Martin this morning or do you think he made it up

She's trying to keep us on our toes i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Pleased to see several friends of mine are still in employment as their employers started to stock essential items after the last lockdown.

Nicely done

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

I work in the public sector..my boss is telling me with confidence we'll be back in our offices in November. Wonder where she's getting that from? No real review i thought in the 6 weeks..

My take on that is your boss is out of touch and borderline delusional.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Qiaonasen wrote: »

Civil service manager...

Yeah probably about right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Necro wrote: »
    Before my current job I worked taking calls and logging incidents onto the Pulse system.

The amount of inane nonsense the Gardai actually get called out to is truly eye opening. Talking shadows in alleys, a rustle of a bin, some randomer walking down the street type sh1te.

Did anyone ring in to report their snowman has been stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Hopefully they ll get their stock levels up. We'd ordered 2 items for collection last week and when it came to collect, one of the items were out of stock. Bit of a dose if you have to travel.

Luckily it was just an additional item. We usually have most of the kids stuff gotten before halloween in general, avoids disappointment.

"Well son, there was an outbreak of Covid in the North Pole, and the elves had to go into Level 5 lockdown, so Santa had get all his toys from the cheap ****e in Lidl"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Is there some loophole ?

Great news, I hope more follow suit...

Qiaonasen wrote: »

She's anything but i can assure you! She's playing the game of don't get too comfy working from home.

Is there some loophole ?

Yes, if you sell food or drink - or newspapers you don't need to close.

I heard a couple of toy stores recently started selling newspapers and magazines.

Its unbelievable, have heard some absolutely mental calls. One recently rang up every 20 minutes to say there were 2 young lads out kicking a ball on the street and that it was causing anxiety as they're spreading the virus.

How on earth can you be going around dealing with that all day long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

So these re-infections aren't outliers. But we live in Ireland so that's an exception.

I think you took the wrong thing from that article, but then that seems to have been the intention.

NATURE: Re-infection w/seasonal coronaviruses related to SARS-CoV-2 is common "suggesting it's a common feature for all human coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2"

Is there some loophole ?

Yup click and collect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

spookwoman wrote: »

Do we really need Holihan speaking

Surely he can advise the government and the government spoke to us last nite

Did anyone ring in to report their snowman has been stolen?

No we only had the TrafficWatch line open to the public. The rest was the Gardai themselves contacting us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Was your previous username Narco?

:pac:

Sounds a bit like the irish X Files

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

A friend of mine works in revenue. They've been told April '21 at the earliest before they will be back in the office.

What sector are you in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement