Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The White Lotus [HBO] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

😮😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

2.01 laid some groundwork - tensions abound, whose world might crumble, trouble sleeping, that story about a bloke losing his head and foreshadowing. The opening scene on the beach immediately brought to mind 'alright, who is going to die this time?' and sure enough...

Hopefully we'll learn more about the hotel staff and what interference they've to run.

All episodes directed and written by Mike White, same as season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Liking the new Cast. Good Opener

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm back to not liking having to wait between episodes, really enjoyed the 2nd episode too, would love to be able to binge them. Surprised how fast Albie and Portia happened so something is definitely going to happen to 1 or both.

"It's not a sunset, it's a penis"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A real take charge of the situation episode, with the consequences still to come and a Godfather reference too. A reminder also of how intoxicating things can be.

"So, she'll be sleeping with your father?"

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

3 episodes in and nothing has happened there is no thread to follow its poorer than first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think they have set up the toxic nature of the friend and Father. I'm enjoying it so far even if it is slower than the first season.

Enjoying the 2nd series.

Although the ultra neurotic/needy levels of Tanya (whilst acted quite well) is starting to grate ....

F Murray Abraham is class on screen.

Michael Imperoli is very wooden.

Meghann Fahy is stunning , and plays the part very well.

the cracks are starting to show, and the facade is slipping ....

2.03 had a lot going on.

The couple that "never fight", sending a message to your spouse and we got the details when Harper and Daphne are alone, male and female bonding. That, more Godfather references, patriarchy ramblings from Twitter or Stanford, followed by the "I've always supported women/I'm a feminist" routine, and your services are no longer required, with a diminishing revenue stream for Lucia and Mia and the role of relics and loneliness. The reviewer on AV Club mentioned Tanya's story being a bit thin this time around. Quite a weighty question to ask a tarot card reader about your marriage. Portia/Albie aren't going to work out.

Expect tourism visits in Noto to pick up, given its architectural splendour.  

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

It's certainly has less laugh out loud moments.

Invested enough overall to stick with it and see how it plays out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Yes, instead of being manic the hotel manager just seems pi##d off with everything. I think her character will evolve - just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That reminds me, some folks on Reddit were trying to detect clues in the credits.

i was actually doing that in the last 2 episodes !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Im not trusting that Albie fella. His Dad is a sex addict, his granddad is a dirty old man, and yet Albie is this perfect guy. I'm not buying it. I bet Portia is the one that ends up sleeping with the fishies and it's Albie as the one who puts her there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The White Lotus” has been renewed for Season 3 at HBO.

The news of the renewal comes as creator Mike White’s hit anthology series has aired just three out of seven episodes of its second season. Like the seasons before it, the third season will follow a new group of guests at an entirely different White Lotus resort. The first season was set in Hawaii, while the second is set in Sicily.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/white-lotus-renewed-season-3-hbo-1235436872/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Brilliant so far, as good as the first season

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

I like her but I really miss Armond’s shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

First 2 episodes of season 2 amusing, with its awkward dissections of relationships and backgrounds, but nothing particularly engrossing (apart from Imperioli's). Having said that, season one took a while to be invested in also. Its progress is still oddly mesmerizing, aided of course by the soundtrack. As in the first series, death was the foreshadowed backdrop, but quickly dropped as the characters and their foibles develop. Like the first, it feels the need for the pace to pick up a bit though; the first series revolved around the concierge's downward spiral in connection with the death, paralleled here with the Michael Imperioli character, but this is probably a bit too obvious. I suppose an anthology shouldn't follow the same pattern; I'm thinking the "We never argue" couple; sublimation outlet required there somehow I'd say.

• Advertisement

I wonder is the anthology format a whodunnit, without a central sleuth? Every season we get fed a death/deaths and we observe the relationships, and have to figure out who gets killed and why. Hotel cluedo, where we're the sleuths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I think it's better than the first season and I thought that was excellent. Best show on tv at the moment imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Really enjoyed the 4th episode, it's really coming into form now. Tom Holland and his gay friends are a great addition. Loving the Albie and Portia story now with the cheeky Essex boy's involvement.

Or, "Hotel chain "White Lotus"-set Cluedo game of who gets killed by whom" renewed for 3rd season. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

Yeah thought esp 4 had loads of content and a good spattering of the humour moments.

Warming up nicely after what seemed a slightly slow start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Randomly looked up one of the places they were having dinner on one of the trips I think and found it, looks pretty good!

2.04, with the trappings and consequences of behaviour, transactional? A healthy dollop of foreshadowing too. Trust is very much in short supply. Is there something here about false promises? Tanya gets to unburden herself, accompanied by the island's story and that soundtrack. Most of the episode was closer to the beach and therefore to death i.e. the bodies of first episode and on that note, is it the 'never fight' couple who'll survive the Italian trip unscathed? Throw in some church ridin', imagery because the revelations here are getting a little biblical. Piano man can't hit any of the right notes. Harper's stomach is churning, much like the ocean. Conscience being tested all the way, yo.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Not as good as season one as the manager of the hotel from Australia was irreplaceable

still good though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Really enjoyed the 5th episode. Great characters, great storyline ... really starting to build up to the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This is better. He was funny but it made the whole thing a bit of a Carry On.

This season is way more dark and tense and mysterious as to which of the relationships is going to explode and how.

Its a diamond cast, especially Aubrey Plaza, who I'm not normally too excited about, but she's brilliant here. I also love Mia the singing prostitute, I just feel she's going to be central to something in the climax, but not sure why.

Advertisement