Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The White Lotus [HBO] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

What doesn't make sense is, Tanya stayed at the party after seeing the photo.Instead of confronting him.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

If I recall correctly there are a few dead bodies in the sea at the beginning of this season, and Rocco identifies them as guests of the hotel. Maybe a capsized boat with guests that are not characters in the show? It would be a ballsy twist if there are no deaths/murders amongst the main characters and everybody we know just shrugs their shoulders at the tragedy and heads home.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭cobham

I tried to get another look at first episode but not there in sky on laptop but others are? My guess is Tanya and ?. Greg must get nothing if she dies hence the blackmail scam??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ep 1 is still on the sky player.

I just watched back the opening scene, Rocco says that more guests "have been killed". Only Daphne is seen on the beach (which I don't recall featuring in any other scenes during the series? Always seemed to be the pool).

They've kept up the suspense well till the last episode anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Those pimp dudes have to be mafiosa, so I can imagine the killing(s) being some sort of an attack on the hotel complex, connected to unpaid money that their working girl hasn't been paid or something. Perhaps its innocents caught in the crossfire.

Obviously the scam on Tanya is going to explode as well, but I just don't see it being a violent situation, but maybe creepy drunken 'nephew' attracts some heat that kicks off an incident.

Hard to know, but its fun guessing and its been a brilliant series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Really enjoying it .....

Made the mistake of starting episode 6 , and went off to put on the kettle ....

I had to make a dash to the Pause button when i heard all the moaning right after the opening credits !!! 😲😝

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

it's a good show and definitely think that this season is a decent bit better than last year's one.

however i wonder how well the formula will work for a third season as it's a bit predictable now -

1. set out a stall of positions based on characters' opinions on values or actions
    2. flip it around the other way to expose hypocrisy and / or delusion

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think it'll only be 1 body in the sea, others in the hotel. It was kept vague at the start as to whether all the deaths were on the water anyway. Also saw that Quentins boat is in background of 1st episode, so would imagine something happens there, be it on purpose or accidentally. Very much wish the episode was out now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Remember there's a gun in play now. But might not be used at all.

Will Ethan explode ? Harper is playing him like a piano at the moment!

Will Portia save Tanya from what looks like a set up, or will she be too late....?

Will Dominic still be more wooden than the hotel tables and chairs ?

Whats gonna happen with Mia and Valentina? blackmail for the singing job?

Will Lucia go to the U.S with Albie? Or will the pimp do some damage ??

Really loving this show !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭cobham

Tanya et al boated off to Palermo so something could happen on boat when arrived back to resort in darkness and body not noticed til morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Excellent show. No fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Really enjoyed that. Nothing was overly surprising in the finale but felt they tied everything up pretty well while leaving things open enough for us to fill in some blanks.

I'm sure some will have issues but I felt every character stayed within their flawed selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I thought the finale was pretty good. Not that surprising though.

Will have to do something about the formula, every season featuring a bunch of shallow people is hard to keep interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tanya was such a daft farcical character, I thought they’d keep her alive, she died in a farcical manner but I’d prefer they kept her alive and she could afford to pay a team of lawyers to get her off several murders

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

just wow. haven't enjoyed tv like that last episode ever i think. wrapped it up beautifully. mike white is seriously talented. didn't see the gun rampage coming at all, it got pretty dark at times unlike the last series. 5 out of 5.

Maybe they'll do exclusive ski resort next

The "high-end gays" didn't come out of that too well.

Daft but sure whatever.

So are you supposed to be left thinking that Ethan rogered Daphne over on the island?

• Advertisement

Loved the Finale......

Felt sorry for Albie .. but not surprised...

The gun was a bit of a surprise, but Tanya trying to get into the boat was a good ending.

I liked what happened Valentina , and Mia got her wish...

Portia - was a bit surprised she was that cold hearted ? about Tanya ....

Did Ethan fcuk Daphne ? That was nicely done, to have you make up your own mind.

Really loved it all throughout ..... Can it keep making new series though?

I think even Albie knew he was getting made

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In life I do like things tied up in a nice neat bow, which is naive I know, but for that reason I didn't enjoy the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Anyone else disappointed with the Grandad, Dad, and son, Albie storyline. I just thought it took up some much screentime yet for last three episodes it was just the same plot going at a very slow pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I know Italy is expensive but 50 K to a hooker !? Was that her pimp she embraced in the closing scene.? Overall brilliant entertainment but the shooting scene was a bit sanitized. It's hardly an under 18 rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The 50k wasn’t for bedroom favours rendered, she sold him a line about wanting to get away to safety from a (fictional ) pimp , guy was so indoctrinated with liberal guilt and WOKE idiocy , he’d have given her his left nut if she asked

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

no, that scene was showing that there was no "pimp" or "stalker" at all, he was just some concierge from another hotel that she obviously had roped into pretending, in order to scam albie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Yes, I picked that up. Did Albie not appreciate he was being taken for a ride or did he not just care. ? Also I'm surprised Greg did not put in an appearance.

Advertisement