Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 5 Restrictions - Q & A Megathread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

But nothing is giving me an answer.

When you are in a long term relationship but living more than 5k or in different counties its very challenging not to travel. Especially if they're other issues eg. Mental health etc.

Are you travelling? Can we travel?

I asked a similar question during the last lockdown. There are many couples who live apart for various reasons. The flippant “can’t ye just move in together” really pissed me off. Not sure how far apart you both are but I would just declare yourselves a bubble and carry on, taking all reasonable precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is someone allowed to drive me to my essential work? Providing I have a letter?
    They will not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Is someone allowed to drive me to my essential work? Providing I have a letter?
    They will not?

If it's the only way if getting there, then yeah, of course. I presume they are from the same household. I don't see how they'd need a letter if they are an essential worker's only means of getting to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

touts wrote: »
    I would say if you can go online go online. My son has grinds and they have moved online to zoom. They are working very well for him and the teacher. If they are science labs or something that can't go online then it is harder. I would say this far from the leaving cert then they aren't essential as could be made up by additional classes post lockdown.

This thread would be alot easier to follow if posters had to say if there advice is grounded in legislation, or just their own opinion....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sardonicat wrote: »
    If it's the only way if getting there, then yeah, of course. I presume they are from the same household. I don't see how they'd need a letter if they are an essential worker's only means of getting to work.

My worry would be she’d get stopped on the way back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

She says she was driving you to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tell her to bring evidence of her address.

My wifes dad had a bad fall yesterday so we are driving cross country to mind him. If we are stopped that is what we will tell the guard, and worst they ask us to turn around

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Chances are slim at being stopped but she can just say she is shopping. Bring an empty shopping bag - its your passport.

Seriously, the guards do not care until you are obviously taking the piss e.g. 4 young lads in a car with stupid smiles on their faces.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Has anyone actually been stopped and asked to turn around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why is Aldi and the likes allowed/are selling toys etc when other toy shop, who don’t sell essential groceries, not allowed to open?

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Why is Aldi and the likes allowed/are selling toys etc when other toy shop, who don’t sell essential groceries, not allowed to open?

Aren't they stopping this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Aren't they stopping this now?

Perhaps they are. I was there on Saturday and they had loads of toys. I’m just curious.

Perhaps they are. I was there on Saturday and they had loads of toys. I’m just curious.

The SME kicked up fuss about it (rightly so)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

they'll just send her home where she is going anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

Two non essential workers who wfh. Young kids at home.

I think childcare facilities are still open.

Can a childminder come to my home?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Asking for a friend. I assume that it’s okay for three people to travel to work (construction) in one van?
    One of the lads is the boss and the other two are his employees that would have no other way of getting into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

angela1711 wrote: »
    Asking for a friend. I assume that it’s okay for three people to travel to work (construction) in one van?
    One of the lads is the boss and the other two are his employees that would have no other way of getting into work.

I've seen construction vans going around my area with multiple occupants, all wearing masks. So at a guess it's ok.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShadowSA

Very confusing, some coffee shops are closed while across the road another coffee shops is still trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I was in Dublin city centre today and there were no toilets available anywhere.

That is unacceptable under the guise of public health. It’s a basic human need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Gael23 wrote: »
    I was in Dublin city centre today and there were no toilets available anywhere.

That is unacceptable under the guise of public health. It’s a basic human need

I don't think this information is as widespread as it should be, but they installed two public toilet prefabs during the first lockdown in dublin city which are still oprerational, one beside stephens green and one in wolf tone square beside the jervis shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,914 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I've seen construction vans going around my area with multiple occupants, all wearing masks. So at a guess it's ok.

Most workplaces banned shared vehicles a good while ago, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don't think this information is as widespread as it should be, but they installed two public toilet prefabs during the first lockdown in dublin city which are still oprerational, one beside stephens green and one in wolf tone square beside the jervis shopping centre.

I still don’t think that’s good enough.
    Sanitary facilities are a basic human requirement which should be readily available in 2020. Older people/pregnant women/ people with certain medical conditions often can’t wait long enough to track down 2 available facilities in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Sanitary facilities are a basic human requirement which should be readily available in 2020. Older people/pregnant women/ people with certain medical conditions often can’t wait long enough to track down 2 available facilities in Dublin

true enough, but it's significantly better having two centrally available than none as you falsely said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Are the fines in place yet? Theres been a lot of talk, but I haven't seen anywhere say they are actually enforceable yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i was only in dublin city a few times since march and that struck me too.
    thought was just me

ended up in a few lane ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I got a covid close contact alert app last week and have tested negative. I've been restricting my movements as advised, and the texts HSE send every day say I should keep restricting until 9th of November. Does this mean I can go back to normal like shopping, seeing family on 9th or the 10th? Probably a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

New2Dubs wrote: »
    Anyone know if they’ll stay open? I’ve an appt on 6 Nov to transfer UK licence to Irish licence before the end of year. Concerned restrictions will drag on & Ill have to re-do my test.
    Tried to book a back up appt for December, but website won’t allow.

Update: I attended my appt today - no problems. Converted licence on the spot. There was no mention of level 5 restrictions. Good luck to anyone else in similar position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Heard a radio ad for Harvey Norman over the weekend saying "now open to sell you essential items", or something along those lines

Erm. How the feck are Harvey Norman an essential service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Heard a radio ad for Harvey Norman over the weekend saying "now open to sell you essential items", or something along those lines
    Erm. How the feck are Harvey Norman an essential service?

Fridges, heaters, vaccum cleaners, washing machines under "essential upkeep and functioning"...
    Laptops for people working from home on click and collect.

eg
    3. Outlets selling products necessary for the essential upkeep and functioning of places of residence and businesses, whether on a retail or wholesale basis.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-5/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement