Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lime Pellets.

Options
  • 20-10-2020 7:25am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

......applied about a week ago to my lawn. It's in dire need of treatment....a lot of moss which I raked out and have slow release fertilizer/moss killer to apply soon, WHEN the lime has worked it's way into the soil.

However......the pellets are still sitting in the grass and not dissolving as readily as I thought they would. what should I do? Is this normal?
    Dublin...and alot of rain recently but not dissloving.....
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Thud

Pick a few up and check if its just the shell of the pellets left, often the case. The insides dissolve away quicker

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Just checked there now.........they're a round "granule" and solid....even though they're soft now with the rain but still intact. Go to paste when I squeeze one between thumb and forefinger.

I walked over the lawn this morning in gardening shoes in an attempt to crush them so they'll dissolve easier.

Might work.

"Osmo Coccolit Lime Graules"

https://www.deesidecountrystore.ie/gardening/1198-osmo-seaweed-lime-pellets-for-lawns-25kg.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Solution.

Old mortar and pestle. The granules crush easily to a powder.

So.......just added to some, seemingly, bare patches.

Advertisement