Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike shops

Options
  • 20-10-2020 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭

Will these be closed in level 5 restrictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

billyhead wrote: »
    Will these be closed in level 5 restrictions?

No. Bike repair shops are essential.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect many shops could go back to the 'by appointment only' model which most used during the first lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Penny farthing is open as I'm dropping my bike in for repair on Friday. The owner was on the 6 one news last time in the lockdown explaining it was an essential service as hospital staff and Gardaí are their regular customers and need their bikes repaired for work.

I'm a front line worker and use my bike in work so it's essential I have my bike also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭obi604

If it is just bike SALES, is it open?

Or is every bike shop by default equal to sales and repair?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

during the first lockdown, many were dealing with repairs on an appointment only basis. not sure if that's what's going to happen now.

the place i frequent - humphries in finglas - was unique, not just among bike shops, but with all shops i've been to; that in order to enter, you'd to unlatch a plastic chain with a warning attached to it to wear a mask, simply just to enter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement