Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PSU for a RTX3070

Options
  • 20-10-2020 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am going to buy a RTX3070. I currently have a Be Quiet!Pure Power 11 600W CM 80PLUS Gold and an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

I am not sure if my current PSU would be enough, so I am planing to buy a 750W PSU.

My budget would be somewhere around 150€ - 170€, can someone recommend me a good one for that price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

600w is more than enough, it's only a 220w card. Maybe a factory overclocked 1 might use a bit more.

The rest of the system maybe uses 100-120w at the most. Your PSU is gold rated. It's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

BloodBath wrote: »
    600w is more than enough, it's only a 220w card. Maybe a factory overclocked 1 might use a bit more.

The rest of the system maybe uses 100-120w at the most. Your PSU is gold rated. It's fine.

Thanks for your answer. The internet is full of people saying to go to 750W and that NVidia recommends at least 650W.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Nvidia are only covering themselves. Some PSU's are garbage and cant' reach their rating.

Some cpu's eat power, some of intels use 200w+ overclocked. The 3600 uses very little though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ryzen 3600 uses under 100W maxed-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

Hey everyone,

I managed to get a 3070 or so I thought until they told me that the stock wasn't updating properly and I will have to wait a few weeks. So I cancelled the order.

Now I will be looking at an AMD RX 6800XT or a 3080 if I manage to get one. Will my PSU still be ok for either card?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,106 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

diyeys wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I managed to get a 3070 or so I thought until they told me that the stock wasn't updating properly and I will have to wait a few weeks. So I cancelled the order.

Now I will be looking at an AMD RX 6800XT or a 3080 if I manage to get one. Will my PSU still be ok for either card?

Thanks

Think a 3080 might be pushing it.

Advertisement